Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

93.000 views on Twitch for Kungen streaming WildStar!

SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Comments

• girdisordergirdisorder Member UncommonPosts: 45

90k view botters! the hype is real!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

All bots ! Nothing to see here!

Actually now it says 144k views. Clearly something is wrong with Twitch ..

PS: 144k in total! Not only on Kungen .. 

PS2: Never mind, now are 162k

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by IceAge

Apparently Bwana or someone reached 300k yesterday.  there's a bot epidemic that Twitch needs to figure out.

• CopypasterinoCopypasterino Member Posts: 66

Prolly bots. 

But i have seen a legit 50k views this afternoon. Nice for new IP.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by IceAge

Apparently Bwana or someone reached 300k yesterday.  there's a bot epidemic that Twitch needs to figure out.

Yup! And despite what some may say, Twitch can't do shit about bots! 

BRING UP THE SERVERS!!!

EDIT: They are up! :) 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Copypasterino

Prolly bots. 

I dunno too much about the mentioned "botting issue" for wildstar on twitch, but atm its currently the number 1 viewed game, even overtaking LoL. I predicted it would be popular on twitch.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Copypasterino

Prolly bots. 

How do you know it's legit?

Apparently even the LoL top streamers have bots as well.  Based on the past, individual streamers seem to top out at around 20k legit, again an assumption.  But big tournies and such get 100k or so.

• WicaWica Member Posts: 25
    Somewhat off topic, but why would anyone want to watch someone else play a video game? I mean, sure, if I'm right beside them waiting my turn. But otherwise? I've never gotten that.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Wica
    Somewhat off topic, but why would anyone want to watch someone else play a video game? I mean, sure, if I'm right beside them waiting my turn. But otherwise? I've never gotten that.

Kungen is a famous hardcore raider. So to the hardcore raiding community, he's sort of the litmus test as to whether or not they should jump on board with a new mmo.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Do you watch sports? Why would people go watch someone else play sports? Why do millions of people watch reality tv when they can go do it themselves?

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by kikosforever

http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

So what?  Who cares what some people are doing in other games?  Does 93,000 mean something amazing in your mind?  Wth.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• kraizykraizy Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Impressive!Every third Class lol channel got more views i think so what will it tell us ? :O
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

same guy who played WoW?

just watched while stream. game looks awfull looney toons style in combat.

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

Answer this question first. . .

. . .Why would anyone want to watch someone else play sports?

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

This. I never understood watching others play... It's almost like watching sports from TV, which I don't do either. I just rather play or exercise myself.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Really sad when you see the total it was obviously bots.I am not a twitch TV expert but perhaps you need a certain number to get a subscribe button,idk.

Kungen is not even a good gamer he actually plays like a noob but he is a decent HS player.He keeps using all the hand holding stuff Blizzard likes to put in their games like the markers and map to find his targets,it really makes him look like a noob gamer.What ever happened to exploring and immersion in gaming?

The sadness is compounded when you see the green marker attached to the target,seriously?Is that so he knows what mob he is fighting,my god that is sad.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

it's called viewer botting

and it didn't last long