Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: A Message from Kaidan

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

While The Secret World's Tokyo expansion isn't ready to launch yet, the team hasn't forgotten how anxious its players are and have sent out a typically cryptic video called "A Message from Kaidan". Check it out and let us know what you think.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Creepy.

This could be the first dlc I may actually buy for TSW.

They got my interest.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Whatthe...? You say we can't go into the Pachinko parlor? Damn Filth, I think a cleaning crew is on the way already :)
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    best theme park mmorpg on market , Idon't care for story,cut scenes,voice acting  but love this game setting
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

chills when i saw this!! i hope they release it in July! not june!

=)

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    The stories look brilliant, but it's a pity that about 75% of people think the combat sucks, and most of the time is spent doing combat.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Quick! Everyone dial 119!

• KarazulKarazul Member CommonPosts: 39
    From someone who have played a LOT of MMOs out there, this is the best themepark avaible now... And the combat gets better. I actually like it.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Karazul
    From someone who have played a LOT of MMOs out there, this is the best themepark avaible now... And the combat gets better. I actually like it.

I'm not sure I believe you about the combat. On YouTube, the end game combat with end game gear looks clunky. 

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne
    Originally posted by Karazul

I'm not sure I believe you about the combat. On YouTube, the end game combat with end game gear looks clunky. 

The combat is fine, tbh i thought it was fine on launch but it didnt sit well with a lot of players. Combat has had a lot of polish, considering their small budget. All in all, TSW is a fun game to play. I typically play the content, leave and come back when more.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    The stories look brilliant, but it's a pity that about 75% of people think the combat sucks, and most of the time is spent doing combat.

The combat and combat animations do suck....

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

giddy like a little girl!! OMG Tokyo is finally coming :-))))

yes yes yes

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

I have watched youtube videos uploaded from the past week and as much as combat seems a bit more fluid from launch videos I honestly cant say it looks "Good", just decent. 

My problem with it from the all the videos is the lack of weight behind any attacks, especially the caster class's. Its like shooting into a wall with every enemy, they dont react, they just kinda take it any you move on.

If they ever revamped combat I would consider playing.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

The fans who say that the combat is great do so because they don't differ:

The builds are called decks ingame and just like with a card game it's fun to collect cards/skills to complete a deck.

Trading card game fans know though that building a deck and actually playing it are 2 different things.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Theocritus

The combat and combat animations do suck....

what is wrong with combat?

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Creepy video... LOL.

TSW is a great game and I actually like combat there much more than for example ESO. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. To be honest though, even if I would not like combat, TSW is so unique in its setting and mood I would play it anyway.

Awesome game. Great news that Tokyo is coming. I'm pretty excited.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    The combat does keep me away from this game.  On almost everything else the game shines.  Love the setting and story.
  • infinite1infinite1 Member Posts: 2
    Tsw is an amazing game finally a developer steped out of their comfort zone and did something amazing. In my opinion its the best game on the market today ill never look at cookie cutter mmos the same again only complaint i have is now everything else i play seems kinda blah... I just wanted to thank the developers for setting the bar so high cant wait to see more from this game.
  • genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I had no problems with the combat or the controlls but, then I use a Logitech G602 and I set the combat buttons to the mouse buttons and the aux and last button to my DPI lower and raise buttons on the top.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    I love TSW, it's one of my favorite MMOs. My only combat-related gripe is that movement an animations are very stiff.

<3

• McShanusMcShanus Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Love the creature at the end of the hallway at 0:19 and the creature shadow between the people at 0:56 :D