Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patcher needs a patch so i can patch the game.

VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Yep neato, cannot even patch the game now. 

Not sure what the deal is but about 3 mins into patching it will fail.

I would post this on the main forums but those are borked also, and i noticed a few Carbine devs here so i figured i would take a shot in the dark.

Just in case one reads this.... 0xa02f0019

Lolipops !

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Top right.. click the cog.. then repair yourself.  Try that.  The forums are borked because they just did a server shutdown/hotfix (as I'm sure you're aware)
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

You know if repairing will DL the whole client again ?  

That could be bad for me since i am on metered internet.

Nevermind it wont let me repair either, gives same error as the patching error.

Lolipops !

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220
    I'm not currently playing the game, but during beta whenever there was a patch I had to 'run as administrator' until it patched, then I could run it normally. Worth a shot :)
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

this is why you should'nt start playing at launch(pre launch).. there's just too much crap happening 

give it a week or 2 to get them sort things out.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Mine didn't when I ran it.  It just "verified".
  • DaGafferDaGaffer Carbine StudiosMember Posts: 62

If repairing doesn't work, you can ping our CS - but this isn't a very widespread issue (I've been fielding stuff all day and haven't seen any reports come through our investigations group at least) so likely they'll suggest removing the client and reinstalling or running as administrator (often suggested as in here but honestly I, with no real data, suspect that's a placebo effect that just forces people to reboot.  YMMV).

But from your later post - yes, redownloading will probably fix it but will suck on metered internet (it'd be just a pain otherwise).  Flash driving it from a friend's house/installation (or downloading it elsewhere to a flash drive or USB HD or similar)  would save you the expense, but obviously that's not practical for all (especially with a 17Gb install and whether you have access to transportable media in that gigs range).

Sorry about that, I acknowledge that's a pain for you.

Jeremy Gaffney
    Executive Producer, Carbine Studios (Wildstar Online)

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

I had to use a VPN to DL the patch.

For some reason Alaska is not considered part of the USA anymore :-( 

Hope you fix this... More than me are having this issue.

Lolipops !