Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite: Dangerous: Ten Thousand New Players Added

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Elite: Dangerous team has let us know that as many as ten thousand new players have been added to the game. The added players are playing in the Premium Beta that includes new features not seen during the game's alpha phase. Premium Beta players are those who purchased the option that is still available for those interested in getting in on the action now.

David Braben, CEO of Frontier, said: “The start of the Premium Beta phase is another exciting moment in our development – from today we have over 10,000 additional people playing the game.  This is a significant and sensible step-change with which to test the next level of scaling of our cloud-based systems and servers as we move towards the very large numbers of people we will eventually have playing.

I once again would like to thank all those who played such an important role in the Alpha phase, which is now at an end. We’re looking forward to continuing to collaborate with the expanded community during the beta phase as we deliver greater scale, richer content and ever higher quality.”

Find out more on the Elite: Dangerous page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    going to be epic!
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    awesome space sim game,hope We 'll get great fun with MP
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I guess the real message here is: "Hurry up and pay for closed beta access, otherwise as many as TEN THOUSAND players are getting a head start on you !!" ?
  • Not much of a head start since your stuff will get wiped at the end of Premium Beta at the very least.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Beta has been totally awesome so far. I like the absense of hand-holding, just you, your ship and the galaxy (well 5 systems at this time). Lots of pew pew.

New Anaconda video is great - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewo-6WVZaIU

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    I guess the real message here is: "Hurry up and pay for closed beta access, otherwise as many as TEN THOUSAND players are getting a head start on you !!" ?

No - after beta, everything gets reset. The release date might be around September and then everyone will get a fresh start.

This announcement is just for publicity.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

correct ; )

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

SO far I'm hearing some really good things about this game.

Going to be able to test drive this at a buddies this weekend. I am tired of buying unfinished games (this included) but this is looking to be shaping up as a day 1 purchase.

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Not only is beta progress being wiped after most new builds, but the beta process is an actual beta *testing* process, not some kind of early access deal that beta has come to be taken as over the past five years or so.