Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of Black Hole/Section X planetary expansions

ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

Although I wasn't fond of them being strictly daily hubs, the idea of adding new portions to the existing planets independent of the main story sections was a good idea that seemed to have tapered off too quickly. They're efficient for the art departments because they re-use existing art assets, so I'm surprised they weren't already a part of the Forged Alliances content. Which planets would you like to see a new Section X-style area?

I'd personally like to see a Jawa-specifc storyline expanded on Tattooine, following a smaller Jawa tribe(that can't afford their own sandcrawler yet) around a trade route, clearing a path through sand people and wildlife, with some haggling dialogues that would be semi-randomized where you can butt in and help their sales to moisture farmers and market bazaars. Also an expansion area to Hutta, with a split between undeveloped swamp and an industrial/settled area. Don't care for the indigenous races, but it's a planet with potential, especially if the shuttle to the higher level area is stuck out in a questing town that lowbies would see co-mingling. Even just some additional datacrons with small stat updates and some jumping/exploring like the fleet group puzzles would be fun.

I'm also annoyed there hasn't been much additional use out of the "light bot" technology you see in the one Section X mission in a dark warehouse. I only saw it re-used briefly on CZ-198 in the garbage-tentacle mission and the original was really unique.

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Honestly, I would like to never again see one of these areas. Do people honestly do them every day? I did them twice and got sick of it.

What they should do is introduce procedurally generated daily quests. In practice, it wouldn't be all that different, but it wouldn't literally be the same exact quest over and over and over.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,171
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

Honestly, I would like to never again see one of these areas. Do people honestly do them every day? I did them twice and got sick of it.

What they should do is introduce procedurally generated daily quests. In practice, it wouldn't be all that different, but it wouldn't literally be the same exact quest over and over and over.

I remember the original concept for Star Trek Online under Perpetual Entertainment talked about procedurally generating star systems and species for solo play. I wish they hadn't gone bankrupt.

Check out my monthly column on MMORPG.com.

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

I said I didn't like the daily element, but they should continue to add to the existing planets through a shuttle-accessed pocket.

I don't think procedurally-generated is feasible to BioWare, but the rotation of different daily quests like in Pandaria was an improvement. That should be done at the very least, if BioWare has their mind set on daily quests.