Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will griefing be handled?

13»

Comments

• ProtuniaProtunia Member Posts: 111

Bobik has put in a system of Alignment to deal with players who choose to do nothing but gank other players.  He also has  personal claims which will allow new players to have a safe place to call their own and keep their stuff while they learn about the game.  As with most games there will always be players who choose to find ways to grief others and I am sure Bobik will handle these situations when and if they become abusive and exploited.  

There will also be rooms available in the main city for rent as well as land all around the main city for rent that will be 100% safe.  LiF is Full Loot PvP outside the safe zone near the main city  through out the whole map and player can attack other players who are not on their own  claims behind walls so players will have to think about that when travelling around.

We are just now getting to the point where Closed Alpha will begin and all these systems can be tested as they are added to the game.  There will be another pre alpha test this week on the 9th to test the servers and get them ready to closed alpha.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    How will griefing be handles?   You don't get it.  These games are built around ability to grief.  That is the point.  And that is why I generally avoid them. 
  • RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by Jagsman32

And what will be done to prevent this from turning into the failures that were Xsyon, MO, DF, and so on?

Personally, I believe permadeath will solve this. People much more afraid to lose their characters are much less likely to do stupid things like griefing. However, I know nowadays people are so attached to their characters the fear of losing them, let alone their armor, is a big no-no.

Full loot only caters to the players who can play all day, able to macro, grind, have multiple sets of armor, etc. Implement permadeath (with quicker stat/skill/equipment gain) and I believe that suddenly staying alive becomes a lot more important than seeing how I can ruin someones fun.

In the very moment they announce permadeath the game is dead for me.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by RPGForever
    Originally posted by Jagsman32

And what will be done to prevent this from turning into the failures that were Xsyon, MO, DF, and so on?

Personally, I believe permadeath will solve this. People much more afraid to lose their characters are much less likely to do stupid things like griefing. However, I know nowadays people are so attached to their characters the fear of losing them, let alone their armor, is a big no-no.

Full loot only caters to the players who can play all day, able to macro, grind, have multiple sets of armor, etc. Implement permadeath (with quicker stat/skill/equipment gain) and I believe that suddenly staying alive becomes a lot more important than seeing how I can ruin someones fun.

In the very moment they announce permadeath the game is dead for me.

Considering you must purchase each character that enters the world permadeath will never be an issue.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by flizzer
    How will griefing be handles?   You don't get it.  These games are built around ability to grief.  That is the point.  And that is why I generally avoid them. 

No, actually "you don't get it".

Take the time to read through threads before posting and you can prevent from looking like an idiot.

Well maybe not after reviewing your post history...

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    To put it simply, griefing has to be dealt with because if it isn't, you won't have new players to replace those that leave, and eventually the griefer won't have anyone to grief so they'll leave...then you have a game with noone playing...all because of griefing and harassment.  That's why it was and still is (in almost all games) a bannable offense.