Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who thinks star citizen will be a beast?

12346»

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by lickm3

Originally posted by Brenelael

Originally posted by lickm3 I think its just a shit and that guy milk you all out. For $40M after 2 years develop you have there one fucking hangar and nothing? Don't get me wrong, but that's just too hilarious when he could hire like 300 progamators/artist/graphics for that money. What he did instead ? He kept money flow as much as possible. At least he finished something - hoodie for another 35$, LMAO! I bet it will the biggest SCAM in history and all that thanks to kickstarter. Money first as usually!
    Yeah... That must be why Alex Mayberry left his nice cushy job at Blizzard being the Lead Producer for Diablo III and World of Warcraft for every expansion since The Burning Crusade. He left a hell of a lot of job security behind to become the Executive Producer of Star Citizen. Yeah... they are just a bunch of scammers.

Bren

Yeah, I would even leave a blizzard CEO post If I had the opportunity to get easily without anything done to $40M.

Ummm... What? That isn't even a complete sentence or make any sense what-so-ever. I'm not seeing your point at all.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    Originally posted by Teala
    Originally posted by Dauntis

I really think this title will fail under it's designer's own hubris. 

With only top end systems being able to play, the player base will turn out too small to support it, as people will not want to keep funding it like they are the kickstarter. Most people who want to play this sort of game are already playing EVE and even if they jump ship to try the new shiny, they won't want to leave what the built in EVE, especially if they have to upgrade their system to play it.  

Really if this game is a success it will be a modest success at best. 

I think I agree.  Having been watching Star Citizen since it was first announced it seems to have fallen into the one thing Chris said wouldn't happen and that is "feature creep". 

Another issue and this has been mentioned on their forums, this game is not directed towards casual players, Star Citizen is a hardcore gamer dream, the devs have said so, this game is for top gamers with top computers, no for the casual low budget computer player.

Hilarious!  That line immediately made me think of Raiders of the Lost Arc... "top men".

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville