Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is Fun!

124»

Comments

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by echolynfan
    Originally posted by coorsguys
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    I have to say I avoided this game like the plague when it came out and only tried it up to lvl 7 when it went f2p.  I decided to pick up a referral for the free 7 days subscription and I have to say it is really fun.  It is very linear but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets now.

to be fair they hoped for more, and its was bioware pretty much the "best" rpg maker for computer back then(then they make swtor and make DA2 ME2 and 3). then to put a cherry on top of it all they closed star wars galaxy (because ehy they need that player base on they new game).

also when you read about a ex employer from bioware- EA saying the most thing they was proud on the game was the sound files of VAa, makes you wonder what the hell they was thinking.

and now with DA3 launching this year and Bioware saying we learned with ours mistakes, pretty much tells you what you need to know, pretty much if DA3 fails don't think Bioware will stay around much longer

also another thing to add for swtor rage is, for a MMORPG its sure is a nice Single Player, jedi knight pretty much plays like it was KOTOR 3, and unless you like to redo gameplays just for story modes I don't see much point in playing it again, and the fact you can make a good stading char in a month of gameplay and on this game jedis are the weakest ones to play, lame open world pvp (serious no point at all).

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  So they (bioware/ea) Closed swg?  They closed it because they wanted it's players especially since Swtor has more players then swg could ever dream of.   Lol what a joke swg was flapping in the wind long before Swtor.  Swg closed because SOE closed it because nobody was playing it and they did not renew their license.  Unless you have a link to prove somehow bioware/ea closed swg,   Otherwise like I said bias, uninformed, misleading lies from you.  

When you read about ex employees?  Hmm first post a link where they said this and how many ex employees go on and on about how great a company is that let them go?  And bias, uninformed, misleading lies.  

Hmm bioware learned from it's mistakes?  So you have a link that says bioware learned from it's mistakes on the 2nd or 3rd most popular western mmo?  Or did bioware learn from their mistakes with the ending of ME?  Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

Oh here nice work jumping on Another bias, uninformed, misleading lie about Swtor that the hater train likes to jump on. Single player lol yeah so every other mmo that has the following is single player right? 

Flashpoints (dungeons since you clearly have no idea about Swtor)

Ops (raids "                       ")

pvp ground

pvp space

world bosses that require multiple players

crafting items to see to other players

selling items to other players

datacrons hunting some require multiple players

heroic areas (questing areas they require multiple players )

Guilds

I can keep going but clearly this is not a single player game!

I get it you don't play or have never played and just copy/pasting old hater points.  The current game most run multiple toons because it's one of the best leveling experiences in mmo. 

The Jedi is the weakest class?  What class would that be exactly?  

Good standing char in a month?  You can get reputation from every faction that offers it? ranked pvp (which has seasons and has a point actually another bias, uninformed, misleading lie from you I wanted to point out)?, run all the ops? get top gear in one month hmm? Get full relationship on all of your companions?  ECT ECT!   Ok good luck with that.  

So to end my post about your obvious bias, uninformed, misleading lie of a post the real rage comes from players like you.  Who have not played ever or in a long long time and have zero knowledge of the current game.  These haters who rage and post lies about a VIDEO GAME over three years later typically are bitter swg vets who can't get over their game closed.  So go read the patch notes for the last three years you will learn a lot about this game.  

Three year later and we still have people posting bias, uninformed, misleading lies about a video game!  

SWTOR is an "OK" game but nothing great and certainly can't touch SWG for gameplay. SWG was shut down because LA (Now Disney) did not renew their license and suffered long term because of SOE's botched NGE fiasco. Even though that game was nearly 10 years old it had more going for it (and still does) than SWTOR.

The two games can't even be compared side by side because the differences are so vast. SWG has complex crafting and deep gameplay while SWTOR is a flashy story and has weak gameplay and meaningless crafting. I played SWTOR from Beta onward and several times since then and my opinion has not changed.

And there we have it!  We can't have a Swtor thread without a desperate, bitter, angry swg vet acting like his gf left him over three years ago and he just can't move on with his life!

I'm sorry swg has more going for it now then Swtor does?  Oh please explain this lol.  I really hope you don't mean the 1000 people playing the version we can't mention on this site, wow the desperation is strong in this one.  Back on a Friday night in '06 Swg had just over 10k players online.  Now your buddy smed denied subs fell that low but never denied the reported players.  Swg is dead little buddy it's time to move on with your life.  

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

And there we have it!  We can't have a Swtor thread without a desperate, bitter, angry swg vet acting like his gf left him over three years ago and he just can't move on with his life!

I'm sorry swg has more going for it now then Swtor does?  Oh please explain this lol.  I really hope you don't mean the 1000 people playing the version we can't mention on this site, wow the desperation is strong in this one.  Back on a Friday night in '06 Swg had just over 10k players online.  Now your buddy smed denied subs fell that low but never denied the reported players.  Swg is dead little buddy it's time to move on with your life.  

and so it SWTOR...except that game was never alive

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Pigozz

and so it SWTOR...except that game was never alive

Sorry it's early in the AM can you try and re-write that with full sentences?  Are you saying Swtor was never alive?  Because the truth is Swtor right now has more players and brings in more revenue then swg could ever dream of...that's why swg is closed, dead, gone and never coming back .  
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    The story is great, the game play not so much.

Yes, the best quality of the game is the story. Once the story is done, it's done though. Keeping a subscription beyond having played all the stories isn't really worth it, but you're free to pour as much money into it as you want.

And even with the story being the best part of this game, for many classes it's not all that great. For some classes it's even quite bad.

This would have fared better as a B2P game.

Its a F2P game with a P2P option, making the game B2P would just be a deterrent to future players and might even kill the game off entirely. Any game that has a cash shop, should imo, not also charge a box price, its too much of a double dip. Though i have to say i feel the same way about P2P games, if the game has a subscription requirement then you shouldn't be charging AAA single player game box prices for them, but should really be more in line with the cost of the initial months sub price, at most sub + 100%, not the more recent examples of sub price + 500% image

Of  course once you've gone F2P there's really no sense in going B2P. Cash Shops vary wildly though, and if buying the box avoids the blattant P2W seen so often these days, I'm ok with that.

imageimage
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    I have to say I avoided this game like the plague when it came out and only tried it up to lvl 7 when it went f2p.  I decided to pick up a referral for the free 7 days subscription and I have to say it is really fun.  It is very linear but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets now.

to be fair they hoped for more, and its was bioware pretty much the "best" rpg maker for computer back then(then they make swtor and make DA2 ME2 and 3). then to put a cherry on top of it all they closed star wars galaxy (because ehy they need that player base on they new game).

also when you read about a ex employer from bioware- EA saying the most thing they was proud on the game was the sound files of VAa, makes you wonder what the hell they was thinking.

and now with DA3 launching this year and Bioware saying we learned with ours mistakes, pretty much tells you what you need to know, pretty much if DA3 fails don't think Bioware will stay around much longer

also another thing to add for swtor rage is, for a MMORPG its sure is a nice Single Player, jedi knight pretty much plays like it was KOTOR 3, and unless you like to redo gameplays just for story modes I don't see much point in playing it again, and the fact you can make a good stading char in a month of gameplay and on this game jedis are the weakest ones to play, lame open world pvp (serious no point at all).

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  So they (bioware/ea) Closed swg?  They closed it because they wanted it's players especially since Swtor has more players then swg could ever dream of.   Lol what a joke swg was flapping in the wind long before Swtor.  Swg closed because SOE closed it because nobody was playing it and they did not renew their license.  Unless you have a link to prove somehow bioware/ea closed swg,   Otherwise like I said bias, uninformed, misleading lies from you.  

When you read about ex employees?  Hmm first post a link where they said this and how many ex employees go on and on about how great a company is that let them go?  And bias, uninformed, misleading lies.  

Hmm bioware learned from it's mistakes?  So you have a link that says bioware learned from it's mistakes on the 2nd or 3rd most popular western mmo?  Or did bioware learn from their mistakes with the ending of ME?  Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

Oh here nice work jumping on Another bias, uninformed, misleading lie about Swtor that the hater train likes to jump on. Single player lol yeah so every other mmo that has the following is single player right? 

pvp ground

pvp space

Guilds

I get it you don't play or have never played and just copy/pasting old hater points.  The current game most run multiple toons because it's one of the best leveling experiences in mmo. 

Good standing char in a month?  You can get reputation from every faction that offers it? ranked pvp (which has seasons and has a point actually another bias, uninformed, misleading lie from you I wanted to point out)?, run all the ops? get top gear in one month hmm? Get full relationship on all of your companions?  ECT ECT!   Ok good luck with that.  

So to end my post about your obvious bias, uninformed, misleading lie of a post the real rage comes from players like you.  Who have not played ever or in a long long time and have zero knowledge of the current game.  These haters who rage and post lies about a VIDEO GAME over three years later typically are bitter swg vets who can't get over their game closed.  So go read the patch notes for the last three years you will learn a lot about this game.  

Three year later and we still have people posting bias, uninformed, misleading lies about a video game!  

SWTOR is an "OK" game but nothing great and certainly can't touch SWG for gameplay. SWG was shut down because LA (Now Disney) did not renew their license and suffered long term because of SOE's botched NGE fiasco. Even though that game was nearly 10 years old it had more going for it (and still does) than SWTOR.

The two games can't even be compared side by side because the differences are so vast. SWG has complex crafting and deep gameplay while SWTOR is a flashy story and has weak gameplay and meaningless crafting. I played SWTOR from Beta onward and several times since then and my opinion has not changed.

Hehe...ok...lets see if I can explain this with examples: Coors sells much more beer than the local brewery down the street from me but that doesn't make it a better beer. Lady Gaga sells millions of records but that doesn't mean her music is better than a smaller independent artist who doesn't have the $$ for marketing.

[mod edit]

I paid top dollar for TWO pre-ordered deluxe versions of SWTOR for me and my wife (we're both big Star Wars fans as well as SWG fans) and I made it to level cap on one character hoping that there was something redeeming with the end game. My wife saw the crapiness earlier than I did and quit around level 30...I just didn't want to believe the game was that bad.

So you're having fun with SWTOR good for you! I just require more from my gaming experience....my beer and my music :)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Hehe...ok...lets see if I can explain this with examples: Coors sells much more beer than the local brewery down the street from me but that doesn't make it a better beer. Lady Gaga sells millions of records but that doesn't mean her music is better than a smaller independent artist who doesn't have the $$ for marketing.

It's obvious you never played SWG so you have no frame of reference for why it was (and still is) loved by the MMO community. I would rather play the version that can't be mentioned on this site than waste my time with EA's puke of a game SWTOR.  

I paid top dollar for TWO pre-ordered deluxe versions of SWTOR for me and my wife (we're both big Star Wars fans as well as SWG fans) and I made it to level cap on one character hoping that there was something redeeming with the end game. My wife saw the crapiness earlier than I did and quit around level 30...I just didn't want to believe the game was that bad.

So you're having fun with SWTOR good for you! I just require more from my gaming experience....my beer and my music :)

None of that explains why people like you can't just let people enjoy SWTOR or talk about it without barging in to lament the loss of SWG or complain about a game they no longer play.

So the game wasn't for you...move the fuck on and go play something else. NO ONE playing the game gives a fuck that you don't or why you don't. All you are now is that obnoxious person that cries at peoples weddings about the girl that got away.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Originally posted by DamonVile

It's obvious you never played SWG so you have no frame of reference for why it was (and still is) loved by the MMO community. I would rather play the version that can't be mentioned on this site than waste my time with EA's puke of a game SWTOR.  

None of that explains why people like you can't just let people enjoy SWTOR or talk about it without barging in to lament the loss of SWG or complain about a game they no longer play.

So the game wasn't for you...move the fuck on and go play something else. NO ONE playing the game gives a fuck that you don't or why you don't. All you are now is that obnoxious person that cries at peoples weddings about the girl that got away.

I also cannot understand why he felt the need to put down the OP's taste with his I am better than you speech. It was so unnecessary .

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Put me in the list of those who are having fun in the game. Not rushing has been my motto. 

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

pvp ground

pvp space

Guilds

So.... you're just a snob who thinks he has better taste than those enjoying something different? Very well, carry on.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

When I was in university I had a boyfriend who constantly put me down. He read Dostoevsky, Mann and various other authors and he would spend hours trying to teach me about music. I seriously tried to read the stuff and enjoyed his Castaneda books that was good but lot of the stuff like Ayn Rand were beyond me.

My friends loathed him. He would not openly put them down but he behaved a certain way that made you feel like he was better than you. I think he had very few friends. I tried to break up with him and then he changed .I mean he did not stop what he liked but he stopped trying to change me. He was not a bad person but he spent so much time trying to change others around him that we did not want to be near him. I remember when I wanted to go see Air Supply ( I just dated myself ) in concert he was aghast but he came. He spent much of the time trying to find something he could like. Honestly I felt sorry for him he never enjoyed so many things because he was trying so hard to be above it all.

Originally posted by Tyggs

pvp ground

pvp space

Guilds

So.... you're just a snob who thinks he has better taste than those enjoying something different? Very well, carry on.

Nope...not at all. If you read Coorsguy's response to MY opinion of SWTOR it was he who was a snot to me - I just explained in further detail why I preferred SWG over SWTOR. 

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I am glad you are enjoying it OP.  Do not let any negative feedback from other players and/or content locusts ever sway you from playing something that you enjoy.   /Rock on
      OMG I am Ancient!
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I also cannot understand why he felt the need to put down the OP's taste with his I am better than you speech. It was so unnecessary .

Huh? I never put the OP down - I just have different tastes when it comes to MMO's - I like more complex game play which SWTOR does not have so sue me.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

First you say it's an okay game, then you say "maybe it sucks" now you call it puke.. Make up your damn mind. Better yet move on ,how long have you been here doing this? I remember you from launch.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

First you say it's an okay game, then you say "maybe it sucks" now you call it puke.. Make up your damn mind. Better yet move on ,how long have you been here doing this? I remember you from launch.

I think it's an ok maybe sucks kind of a puke game. I made up my damn mind about the game after launch and if I want to come by every once and a while to voice my opinion that's my business. That is...what forums are all about are they not?

By the way...I've played the game as recently as last month so I'm not just voicing an old opinion of SWTOR. Just as some people can't stop bashing SWG years after it's dead...I'm here with my opinions. 

This video sums up what I'm talking about:

http://youtu.be/eC8LacnQ1bc

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Things that cater to the lowest common denominator are always well received. Im not saying that anyone is stupid for liking SWTOR nor would I say they were intelligent for not. 
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

I think it's an ok maybe sucks kind of a puke game. I made up my damn mind about the game after launch and if I want to come by every once and a while to voice my opinion that's my business. That is...what forums are all about are they not?

By the way...I've played the game as recently as last month so I'm not just voicing an old opinion of SWTOR. Just as some people can't stop bashing SWG years after it's dead...I'm here with my opinions. 

Your positioning is hostile. I'm not a current player but I like the setting and some of the players I met in-game enough to want to stay up-to-date on current and coming changes to the game. I keep looking for something that will make me want to play again, hasn't happened yet, but in the meantime instead of posting a ton of negative things I try to temper it with things I'd like to see. I also think it's always worth discussing what did and didn't work in SWG, because BioWare can still learn from it's successes and failures. Players loved housing; not enough to float the whole game but it was a persistent want and it's finally being added just before the 3-year mark. Casualizing all the combat and group content hurt SWG, they should probably step off on Tactical Ops for a long while.

Just think about how you word things. If you trim the inflammatory words and tone you can get some real discussion.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Things that cater to the lowest common denominator are always well received. Im not saying that anyone is stupid for liking SWTOR nor would I say they were intelligent for not. 

The lowest common denominator been "casual" players? Yeah we are and also we are 90% of the player base amd 90% of the ones spending money in game.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman

Oh my as I play this game that puts me in my place doesn't it.

Chamber of Chains
    Originally posted by Impacthound

Your positioning is hostile. I'm not a current player but I like the setting and some of the players I met in-game enough to want to stay up-to-date on current and coming changes to the game. I keep looking for something that will make me want to play again, hasn't happened yet, but in the meantime instead of posting a ton of negative things I try to temper it with things I'd like to see. I also think it's always worth discussing what did and didn't work in SWG, because BioWare can still learn from it's successes and failures. Players loved housing; not enough to float the whole game but it was a persistent want and it's finally being added just before the 3-year mark. Casualizing all the combat and group content hurt SWG, they should probably step off on Tactical Ops for a long while.

Just think about how you word things. If you trim the inflammatory words and tone you can get some real discussion.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    There is no freedom of expression on a message board and that guy has a fatwa on his head. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Sharing an opinion is one thing, what you do is something else, as another pointed out there might be some kind of discussion about your "points" if you didn't muddy it all up with your rhetoric. I think SWG was a better game as well, but you don't see me here stating so over and over again. This isn't SWG it has nothing at all to do with SWG.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I played at launch (Jedi Guardian) hated it, went back  recently and tried smuggler, commando and bounty hunter and spent most of my time laughing AT the game's "Storytelling". It is comically bad, just plain goofy. The games one selling point is just plain weak. BUT the OP is right it is FREE, so nothing ventured nothing lost if you are bored or just want a new MMORPG experience to round you out, give it a try. It is free.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

LOL, you can't play the "freedom" card on someone who isn't oppressing you. I just gave some conflict-avoidance tips? I mean, you can be as inflammatory as you want, but it draws the attention of moderators when you do, and making political statements on MMO boards is a little misguided.

Originally posted by Impacthound

LOL, you can't play the "freedom" card on someone who isn't oppressing you. I just gave some conflict-avoidance tips? I mean, you can be as inflammatory as you want, but it draws the attention of moderators when you do, and making political statements on MMO boards is a little misguided.

It's a quote about expression...nothing political intended. Also - other people's feelings are not my responsibility...I'm not going to change the way I express my views so someone's butt doesn't get hurt. 

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” - Aristotle