Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So What Classes are You Playing as Your Main ?

Comments

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Originally posted by coretex666

I play hardcore wizard.

Currently paragon level 231. Spending my time mostly in nephalem rifts on Torment II.

That is awesome! I am no where close to that paragon level with my softcore characters even. I am in T1 though squeezing every bit of power out of my character that I can. It is so much fun! Once my gear and paragon levels are better, it is off to the higher levels of Torment!

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Very much so. It is nice that they have the two systems. Drops can have better stuff but you have no control while crafting leg have some control. You can also farm the mat with purpose.

In term of gems, for me, is to get enough raw mat (maquise gems). I have 330m or so gold before ros (sold all my best stuff for $$ and gold when ros was announced) so i have enough for making better gems. So far im only down to 280m. 

So far crafting leg's seems better than getting drops. I think that is the most reliable way to get items that are decent for one's character, as long as the mats drop. I have had a few lucky rolls on Kadala too.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

So far crafting leg's seems better than getting drops. I think that is the most reliable way to get items that are decent for one's character, as long as the mats drop. I have had a few lucky rolls on Kadala too.

I think the game is designed so that the drops can be much better than crafting legs (for example, you cannot get the class sets).

But crafting legs are a lot easier to get (because the mats are dropped from known bounty/mobs) and you have control over them (if i only need the sword, i craft the sword).

I look at it as a slightly lower tier legs .. although it is not absolute worse (some of the sets bonus are quite nice).

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

Was planning to play Crus once the xpac hits, got to like lvl 15, get bored, stopped playing and went back to wow. Then one day, not wanting to waste the $$ i payed for ROS,  i went back to playing my wiz which was benched earlier..

Fortunately, i had some colleagues IRL who were playing the game and decided to run me through the story mode(accidentally started the story mode lol) from ACT 3 onwards. Got bored, took a break and went back playing ACT V master.. Was hard as shit cause my gear is completely crap lol..

I prolly had the shittiest luck ever.. Ended up getting some legendary when a colleague of mine ran me through act V til that `mal` guy lol, finally hit 70. Got a wand of woh on my first adv mode but enchant it with the wrong stat lol!

Anyways, i had a love-hate rship with D3. Back then on vanilla D3, its boring as hell cause theres 2 builds, archon or CM but now, i have the flexibility to include disintegrate, black hole and the explosion skill(idk what isit called) in my build cause my gear helps it... back then i had a freakin hard time getting legendaries(i dont see any point spending $$ on rmah or farming gold to buy legendaries with good stats) but on this xpac, its a little easier.. If it didn't drop through a random mob, at least i can try my luck on that rift npc.

To answer your question OP, im playing a wiz now. CBA to play another class xD

Originally posted by sadWinds

Was planning to play Crus once the xpac hits, got to like lvl 15, get bored, stopped playing and went back to wow. Then one day, not wanting to waste the $$ i payed for ROS,  i went back to playing my wiz which was benched earlier..

Fortunately, i had some colleagues IRL who were playing the game and decided to run me through the story mode(accidentally started the story mode lol) from ACT 3 onwards. Got bored, took a break and went back playing ACT V master.. Was hard as shit cause my gear is completely crap lol..

I prolly had the shittiest luck ever.. Ended up getting some legendary when a colleague of mine ran me through act V til that `mal` guy lol, finally hit 70. Got a wand of woh on my first adv mode but enchant it with the wrong stat lol!

Anyways, i had a love-hate rship with D3. Back then on vanilla D3, its boring as hell cause theres 2 builds, archon or CM but now, i have the flexibility to include disintegrate, black hole and the explosion skill(idk what isit called) in my build cause my gear helps it... back then i had a freakin hard time getting legendaries(i dont see any point spending $$ on rmah or farming gold to buy legendaries with good stats) but on this xpac, its a little easier.. If it didn't drop through a random mob, at least i can try my luck on that rift npc.

To answer your question OP, im playing a wiz now. CBA to play another class xD

Hee hee, ok. We gots us another Wizard image

Looks like so far most of the gamers here have Wizard mains, Barbs are up there as are Crusaders. Monk and WDs are the rarest played as mains.

I am predicting that Crusaders will become ever more popular now that they seem to have been beefed up in the most recent patch.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Monk is still my main.  Really fun class, and very mobile.  You're constantly jumping into a pack for some damage, then jumping out before they start to hit you.  Also lots of very strong AoE and pushback abilities.

You make me like charity

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

WD was my main for a while, reminded me as much as it could of necro.   Tried out a wizard and fell in love with it.  Running a spectral blades, crit/fire build so I can basically just walk around and faceroll T1 rifts/bounties.  Once I get more specialized gear I'll do a more interesting build.

I wasn't going to upgrade to RoS because I was so disappointed with original D3.  The loot tables are much more fun now that you get gear you can actually use instead of always getting dex/str gear on an int based char etc so I did and am happy with my purchase.  They still need to make crafting a bit more enticing I think.  I would be interested in pvp too, but its not something I ever did in diablo.  I always played mmo's for pvp.  I keep playing because its a relaxing farm when I am in-between mmo's like now.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    My main is WD. It reminds me the most of necro from D2.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Crusader with WD being a close second.

I split my time between the two, but since the changes earlier this week to the crusader he has gotten all my time.

Originally posted by Ppiper
    94 Wizard although I still feel under powered. Can't get my builds right and my gear, although all legendary, isn't quite right.

What build/gear are you using? May be i can give you some advice .. i have a 251 wiz and he is ripping through T4 with a magic missile/disintegration/archon build.

Originally posted by Ppiper
    94 Wizard although I still feel under powered. Can't get my builds right and my gear, although all legendary, isn't quite right.

What build/gear are you using? May be i can give you some advice .. i have a 251 wiz and he is ripping through T4 with a magic missile/disintegration/archon build.

Hey narius, can u post me a link to your build and gear?

• KJ30KJ30 Member Posts: 47

Narius i am interested as well for the WD build. If you could post details it would be great. I play with Barbarian and i just changed into a really good DMG-TANK build. I play solo , and i am doing T2(dont have the gear yet for higher torments).

But the TANK-DMG-SHIELD build is great. I f anyone interested i can share.

Here is my build/gear:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/narius-1176/hero/1971094

It turns out that I just change my build/gear over the weekend. This is my cold build for groups. For solo, i usually switch out shocking aspect with pinpoint barrier to get a little more defense with a little less dps. The main attack on this build is glacier spike, not arcane orb, because 3 magic missile does more damage although it has a small area for AOE.

I also have gear for a disintegration arcane build (i got a wand with 29% disintegration damage).

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Druid, once they put one in game.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i still dont have the game (i refuse to purchase PC action/adventure games without either WASD for movement or gamepad support).

When i get it on PS4 ill probably play Wizard, Witch Doctor and/or Demon Hunter.

Here is my build/gear:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/narius-1176/hero/1971094

It turns out that I just change my build/gear over the weekend. This is my cold build for groups. For solo, i usually switch out shocking aspect with pinpoint barrier to get a little more defense with a little less dps. The main attack on this build is glacier spike, not arcane orb, because 3 magic missile does more damage although it has a small area for AOE.

I also have gear for a disintegration arcane build (i got a wand with 29% disintegration damage).

BTW, i moved back to a arcane (but torrent) build because of some latest gear I have got (Stone of Jordon with + arcane, and wand with + arcane).

Build is highly dependent on gear.

hw much do you crit elite mobs for with that gear and build? What torment level do you farm efficiently?
    hw much do you crit elite mobs for with that gear and build? What torment level do you farm efficiently?

How much it crits .. depends on the build/main attack. For example, archon has very high dps, but since the numbers are updated only every half second, the actual crit number is not that high. OTOH, for some meteor, i have seen 14-15M crit numbers.

I can farm T4 efficiently both in groups & solo, but I am thinking to go up to T5 because i recently just got both Tal Rasha 4-piece & Vyr 4 piece bonus.

The Tal Rasha 4-peice is good, and add a lot to your DPS if you play right.

Originally posted by jdnewell

I split my time between the two, but since the changes earlier this week to the crusader he has gotten all my time.

Crusaders are great now with the changes. Maybe even a little too good.

I mainly still play the WD but have been taking a Cru through HC.

I think all classes are fun, and the difference in efficiency is less than the variation in gear anyway.

They all play very differently.

How much it crits .. depends on the build/main attack. For example, archon has very high dps, but since the numbers are updated only every half second, the actual crit number is not that high. OTOH, for some meteor, i have seen 14-15M crit numbers.

I can farm T4 efficiently both in groups & solo, but I am thinking to go up to T5 because i recently just got both Tal Rasha 4-piece & Vyr 4 piece bonus.

The vyr 4 set is nice... cause of the all rune.. on the cdr(55% sheet cdr) build im using it will lower archon cd to 25s, just that the problem is getting my 3rd set piece -_-, i had no luck with that...

Anyways gd luck for t5! i just completely re-geared my wiz for t4..(am playing woh/hybrid archon) i had to ditch andariel and cindercoat for augwhild and blackthorn, no luck with fire ele dmg soj so far >_<.

i Saw some crus on rifts playing like capt america.. u know the build where the shield ricochet to x number of mobs... it looks fun.. lol

The vyr 4 set is nice... cause of the all rune.. on the cdr(55% sheet cdr) build im using it will lower archon cd to 25s, just that the problem is getting my 3rd set piece -_-, i had no luck with that...

Anyways gd luck for t5! i just completely re-geared my wiz for t4..(am playing woh/hybrid archon) i had to ditch andariel and cindercoat for augwhild and blackthorn, no luck with fire ele dmg soj so far >_<.

I found that if i gear for CDR, i lose DPS, so I opt to do a hybrid arcane/archon build. I think the best performance is to get both Tal Rasha 4-piece bonus & Vyr 4-piece bonus (with the ring of royal grandeus of course, so i need 3 piece each).

So although I don't get archon 100% up time, I get the meteor set bonus ... that one i heard is something like 20-25% dps boost. I also get slot in the aughid set to get 15% elite dmg reduction (should + bracer pieces).

With all that, i find I can do T5 both bounty (easy) and rift. The only issue is a bad combo of elite affixes (like vortex + arcane + wall) and if I run out of archon.

I found that if i gear for CDR, i lose DPS, so I opt to do a hybrid arcane/archon build. I think the best performance is to get both Tal Rasha 4-piece bonus & Vyr 4-piece bonus (with the ring of royal grandeus of course, so i need 3 piece each).

So although I don't get archon 100% up time, I get the meteor set bonus ... that one i heard is something like 20-25% dps boost. I also get slot in the aughid set to get 15% elite dmg reduction (should + bracer pieces).

With all that, i find I can do T5 both bounty (easy) and rift. The only issue is a bad combo of elite affixes (like vortex + arcane + wall) and if I run out of archon.

Hmmm, if thats the case imma try to experiment with tal cause i got tal lying on my stash.. my wiz jst got geared with vyr.. makes me wanna cream on my pants on archon.. lol.. full rune.. anyways i read somewhere that vyr is bugged as in the the lightning rune which lowers cd and the one which increase 22% dmg doesnt work?

Hmmm, if thats the case imma try to experiment with tal cause i got tal lying on my stash.. my wiz jst got geared with vyr.. makes me wanna cream on my pants on archon.. lol.. full rune.. anyways i read somewhere that vyr is bugged as in the the lightning rune which lowers cd and the one which increase 22% dmg doesnt work?

I think Vyr was fixed .. but i am not 100% sure. The explosion, bubble + teleport do work.

Yeah, experiment with the tal and see how you like it. You also need to play around with the build because you need all 4 kinds of damage (ice, fire, arcane, lightning) to trigger the meteors. I *think* follower damage can also trigger. The meteor has a 8 second CD, so essentially you can getting one every 2 seconds (if you get all 4 types) and that is a lot of dps.

Also, you can trigger the meteor even in archon form ... so you have even higher burst.

And one more point .. since trash die pretty fast, i don't see a huge benefit to be in archon 100% of the time .. and certainly not important (to me) enough to give up dps or toughness.

I think Vyr was fixed .. but i am not 100% sure. The explosion, bubble + teleport do work.

Yeah, experiment with the tal and see how you like it. You also need to play around with the build because you need all 4 kinds of damage (ice, fire, arcane, lightning) to trigger the meteors. I *think* follower damage can also trigger. The meteor has a 8 second CD, so essentially you can getting one every 2 seconds (if you get all 4 types) and that is a lot of dps.

Also, you can trigger the meteor even in archon form ... so you have even higher burst.

And one more point .. since trash die pretty fast, i don't see a huge benefit to be in archon 100% of the time .. and certainly not important (to me) enough to give up dps or toughness.

Do you have any recommended stats for trying t5 solo/rift? For example, which paragon points u assign to all res/armor/regen?  Whats the base elemental damage required as well as elite dmg and crit hit damage?

I did try t5 but i found that i was killing trash more slower so i sticked to t4.. Any tips would be appreciated.