Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Shut down Mythic

MarcelinoMarcelino Member UncommonPosts: 124

RIp Mythic, had some good times and made a lot of new friends in your mmo's :(

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/22231/article/ea-closes-mythic-entertainment/

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
     Mythic had no life left to bleed out of it so it was time to throw it away. At least westwood can help soften the landing with it's drained corpse.
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Totally shocked and surprised that EA gobble up and shut down another studio.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Here is to Mythic, another victim of the Evil Acquisitioner. 

All die, so die well.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    was dead a long time, just now they made it official
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Originally posted by Marcelino

RIp Mythic, had some good times and made a lot of new friends in your mmo's :(

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/22231/article/ea-closes-mythic-entertainment/

Wow I was just doing some research last night on MMO's and their economic feasabiliy, and in fact one of the ones I wrote down under the economically unfeasable list was Mythic. Thats just too crazy of timing. 

If you look at their history they made a lot of decent mid-tier games, some flops but some success, DAOC being their last great game. Then Imperator was Closed in 2005, then Warhammer sucked all their money dry in 2011, they just didnt have a leg to stand on once they went to pure MMO development, and they didnt adapt well to the market. Really sad to hear they are done for.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Mythic was dead well before EA bought them.

Pretty much all Mythic managed to do while with EA was waste EAs money.

• redbugredbug Member UncommonPosts: 175
    So is Warhammer dead now?
  • infofrontinfofront Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by DamonVile
     Mythic had no life left to bleed out of it so it was time to throw it away. At least westwood can help soften the landing with it's drained corpse.

Bioware will be on it's way soon enough.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by infofront
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Bioware will be on it's way soon enough.

I think they will at least try to push another Mass Effect and Dragon Age (beyond the one coming) out first.  if they are not well received you might be right.  It's not like there is really anything left of the Bioware that made ME1 or KOTR at this point anyways.

It's a shame because I remember when EA was the little guy fighting the big boys the likes of Atari, Sega and Activision.  They have really lost their way over the last couple decades.  Really they made some of the most innovative and enjoyable games for the Amiga in the 80's and early 90's.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the intro to Mythic's DAOC was my favorite mmo music opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnnwaHoveV4