Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watchdogs should i get it for pc or xbox

2»

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Roin
    Originally posted by lizardbones

This actually depends on whether or not you are running an NVidia card or an AMD card.  Turns out there's something iffy going on with the WatchDogs code and AMD cards, and it might be deliberate.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/28/nvidia-fires-back-the-truth-about-gameworks-amd-optimization-and-watch-dogs/

So if you have an AMD video card, you might be better served to get it on console.

Now, if you want to take part in the multiplayer, and you haven't paid your online tax for your console, then you'll probably be better off getting on the PC, even if you have an AMD card.

Seriously AMD? It's not our sub-par drivers. It's Nvidia making secret deals behind closed doors with men in black on black suits, and suitcases of money. That's their stance now?

Maybe read the article first, and then follow the other links from the article.  There is more going on here than what you are alluding to.

Here's the original article I meant to post, it's part of a group of articles on this particular issue.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/why-watch-dogs-is-bad-news-for-amd-users-and-potentially-the-entire-pc-gaming-ecosystem/

In any event, it's besides the point.  WatchDogs will require much more AMD hardware than Nvidia hardware for the same performance.  This is not the case with other games such as Metro: Last Light where the higher end AMD cards outperform the lower end Nvidia cards as expected.  If the OP has an AMD card, they need to consider which AMD card they have to get an idea of the kind of performance they are going to get.  On a console, any console, the performance is going to be consistent, running at 30fps @ 720p.  On the PC, performance will vary wildly depend on what kind of card they have.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Dont both the PS4 and the XBone use AMD cards? Wouldn't it be kinda  stupid for Ubisoft to gimp their console versions?

Something just smells funny.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• blazedontblazedont Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Hello her is a video of me playing it on the PC version hope you can see how it is the gamplay ther is more coming this week ! stay tuned jope you guys like it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3empWH_Aak
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I have a system that would probably be rated as med-high and I played Watch Dogs on max settings.  Intel CPU, Radeon 7k series.

Game played beautifully and after watching some console clips on youtube I have to say you'd be out of your mind to purchase this for a console if you have a decent PC to play it on.

Despite what a controller fanboi stated, the controls for the PC were not clunky, unless he's constantly using the menu which you can just use the arrow keys for, everything worked fine.  Yes, even the gear/weapon hot-swapping.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Quesa

I have a system that would probably be rated as med-high and I played Watch Dogs on max settings.  Intel CPU, Radeon 7k series.

Game played beautifully and after watching some console clips on youtube I have to say you'd be out of your mind to purchase this for a console if you have a decent PC to play it on.

Despite what a controller fanboi stated, the controls for the PC were not clunky, unless he's constantly using the menu which you can just use the arrow keys for, everything worked fine.  Yes, even the gear/weapon hot-swapping.

Well I bought it for the XB1 because that is the group of friends that bought it.  I'm very aware it would look better on my PC and am very happy with the game on the xb1.  The PC elitist and the ps4 fanbois have some weird self esteem issues where they need to put down anyone that does not do what they do.  Well good thing I'm mature enough and don't need to pound my chest that my PC kicks my xb1 ass...but guess what who cares I like others have their reasons to play in on a console or on the PC does not mean anybody is out of their mind, except the ones acting like they are better cause they play on one platform or another. 
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Originally posted by coorsguys
    Originally posted by Quesa

Well I bought it for the XB1 because that is the group of friends that bought it.  I'm very aware it would look better on my PC and am very happy with the game on the xb1.  The PC elitist and the ps4 fanbois have some weird self esteem issues where they need to put down anyone that does not do what they do.  Well good thing I'm mature enough and don't need to pound my chest that my PC kicks my xb1 ass...but guess what who cares I like others have their reasons to play in on a console or on the PC does not mean anybody is out of their mind, except the ones acting like they are better cause they play on one platform or another. 

I've owned a couple generations of the XB and can't even count the hours spent in a friends house on his PS 2, 3 and 4 and I can never get over the graphics difference between consoles and PC's.  I often read news of games which reduce graphics and such for consoles, BF4 being one.  

Now, instead of constantly purchasing a new console I spend the money on PC upgrades and despite all of the people from the vocal minority yelling about how many problems there are on PCs, I personally have had only a few issues a year and it's about the same as people with consoles.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by lizardbones This actually depends on whether or not you are running an NVidia card or an AMD card.  Turns out there's something iffy going on with the WatchDogs code and AMD cards, and it might be deliberate.   http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/28/nvidia-fires-back-the-truth-about-gameworks-amd-optimization-and-watch-dogs/   So if you have an AMD video card, you might be better served to get it on console.   Now, if you want to take part in the multiplayer, and you haven't paid your online tax for your console, then you'll probably be better off getting on the PC, even if you have an AMD card.  
    Seriously AMD? It's not our sub-par drivers. It's Nvidia making secret deals behind closed doors with men in black on black suits, and suitcases of money. That's their stance now?

Nvidia is to blame yes, but what i found more disturbing is Ubisoft accepting the deal and scam out on Ati users.
    So i "called" Skidrow and tested the game myself as an Aticard user and can say i am happy not spending 1 euro on this turd of a game.
    So basicly they only want Nvidia users playing their game !
    Good to know ! Skidrow is getting more popular each year and who can blame those "damn" pirates when its Nvidia and cash hungry studio's who scam their own playerbase !!!!

I be damned to buy a console when i have a highend pc to play on and update it once every 3 years...
    And i be damned to buy Nvidia products also...

Kinda sad the state this gaming business is becomming :(

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Originally posted by lizardbones This actually depends on whether or not you are running an NVidia card or an AMD card.  Turns out there's something iffy going on with the WatchDogs code and AMD cards, and it might be deliberate.   http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/28/nvidia-fires-back-the-truth-about-gameworks-amd-optimization-and-watch-dogs/   So if you have an AMD video card, you might be better served to get it on console.   Now, if you want to take part in the multiplayer, and you haven't paid your online tax for your console, then you'll probably be better off getting on the PC, even if you have an AMD card.  

Nvidia is to blame yes, but what i found more disturbing is Ubisoft accepting the deal and scam out on Ati users.
    So i "called" Skidrow and tested the game myself as an Aticard user and can say i am happy not spending 1 euro on this turd of a game.
    Good to know ! Skidrow is getting more popular each year and who can blame those "damn" pirates when its Nvidia and cash hungry studio's who scam their own playerbase !!!!

I be damned to buy a console when i have a highend pc to play on and update it once every 3 years...

I believe you and others like you are the real issue with the gaming business.   This elitist attitude that there is only one way to play a stupid video game is ridiculous.  Other then a few sketchy articles there has been zero proof of anyone screwing anyone.  Give AMD some time to do an update and everything will be fine.  
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Coorsguys is correct, post some real evidence, not bias opinion pieces, or keep the lies and slander to yourselves.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by coorsguys
    Originally posted by Mothanos

I believe you and others like you are the real issue with the gaming business.   This elitist attitude that there is only one way to play a stupid video game is ridiculous.  Other then a few sketchy articles there has been zero proof of anyone screwing anyone.  Give AMD some time to do an update and everything will be fine.  

There isn't just one way, there is just the best way.

Now granted there are even better ways to play that are still being worked on but without question consoles are going in the opposite direction.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    well I'm watching the yogscast play through with

Hannah

and so far so good.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Distopia
    I just read an article on IGN about this game having major issues on the PC.

well it seems every game released on PC will face optimization issues at the release ... so you can preorder to get some benefits, but dont expect to play it from release ... i think thats the price of better graphics/performance ...

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by loulaki
    Originally posted by Distopia
    I just read an article on IGN about this game having major issues on the PC.

well it seems every game released on PC will face optimization issues at the release ... so you can preorder to get some benefits, but dont expect to play it from release ... i think thats the price of better graphics/performance ...

There is way more issues with Watchdogs for PC than performance. The controls are so clunky and the mouse sensitivity is different in menus than in game. Clearly there has been no priority to QA the PC version. Only a developer that do not even care would release as is. 

Myself I dont have issues with performance, I dont expect it to run on max with my system and I get quite decent frames. A few drops here and there but nothing game breaking.