Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My biggest problem with subscriptions is..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
That i allways forget to cancel them......  Just go booked for 3 more months LOTRO...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

    There should be a law ensuring that the default setting for recurring subscription should always be "off". And it should go "off" if they do not detect activity from their customer.

    Funcom does it, CCP does it, Netflix does it, Spotify does it... Whenever you are lured in with a promise of 30 day free trial (or premium) they always have the subscription setting set to "on" in the hopes that you forget to set it "off" as soon as you start your free trial.

    You might say its their own fault if they don't remember to do it, but it still is inherently dishonest imo.

    I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

  • XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

    I hear ya, that sucks when you forget to cancel a sub, especially the multi-month ones.  

     

    SWTOR introduced a 60 day pass without a recurring sub for around $30 I believe.   To me, that's a decent way to do it.  Pay once, enjoy the game without worrying about cancelling.   If I'm still having fun after 60 days, buy another one time pass.  

  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    That i allways forget to cancel them......  Just go booked for 3 more months LOTRO...

    HA-

    I do that all the time. The thing is, in my case it isnt even that I forget- Its that I get lazy. I know if I have  a sub but also know I wont be billed until X day and so I put it off and THEN forget about it until I get my statement in the mail. =P

  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Quirhid

    There should be a law ensuring that the default setting for recurring subscription should always be "off". And it should go "off" if they do not detect activity from their customer.

    Funcom does it, CCP does it, Netflix does it, Spotify does it... Whenever you are lured in with a promise of 30 day free trial (or premium) they always have the subscription setting set to "on" in the hopes that you forget to set it "off" as soon as you start your free trial.

    You might say its their own fault if they don't remember to do it, but it still is inherently dishonest imo.

    I prefer to be auto billed- But agree that the default setting should be off.

     

    Still wont help my own stupidity but it might help someone. =)

  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,506

    so, you want a dummy protection for mmos?

    isn't that what subs or abonements are about? you pay as long as you dont cancel it.

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

    This reminds me of a certain saying:

    "If you idiot proof something perfectly, the world will just create a better idiot"

    Pay attention to your money.  If you don't, you shouldn't complain about the consequences.  (Not directed at OP because he's not asking for others to fix his lack of attention)

    I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Subs require a leap of faith in the title I am just about ....NEVER.....going to make again.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Kaladin

    This reminds me of a certain saying:

    "If you idiot proof something perfectly, the world will just create a better idiot"

    Pay attention to your money.  If you don't, you shouldn't complain about the consequences.  (Not directed at OP because he's not asking for others to fix his lack of attention)

    Eh, no need to create new Idiots when there are plenty of us already in existance. =P

  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    OP, just do what I do, sub then cancel in same time. Since you are already there, you are few clicks away from canceling. So they can wonder more "why our customers have CANCELED SUBS?"

    image

  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,940
    I never use a credit card online.  There are almost always alternative payment methods usually in the form of a game card or Ultimate Game Card.   Nobody online needs to know my number especially game corps.  Trust issues?  You bet!


Sign In or Register to comment.