Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watchdogs should i get it for pc or xbox

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874

Hey Guys,

Well the title says it all I think this game looks great and the reviews say it is good so should I get it for the pc or for the xbox360.

I did see one post on this sight that said it ran like crud on his pc so I would like to gather more opinions as it could just be his system.

Comments

• Master.RyuMaster.Ryu Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Abimor

Hey Guys,

Well the title says it all I think this game looks great and the reviews say it is good so should I get it for the pc or for the xbox360.

I did see one post on this sight that said it ran like crud on his pc so I would like to gather more opinions as it could just be his system.

I believe someone said AMD computers don't run well for some reason. I'm not sure about online connectivity on consoles, but as a PC player, I've had little problems actually connecting to the game but have noticed my friend and a few others are having problems connecting after being able to play last night. Don't expect to play online with friends until they have a fix for the online service, there are way too many players on and I suppose that's why the online service isn't working as it should. They must have not expected such a huge playerbase for the PC, though that would be stupid of them to think.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I just read an article on IGN about this game having major issues on the PC.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I've been playing on my pc with very little problems other than some of their server issues on launch day.  I have an AMD proc and Nvidia card and loving the game thus far!
  • docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184

PC. Always better. I have played several games on both systems, and while it is fun and comfy to sit on the coach with a handheld, the accuracy for combat is much better with a mouse and keyboard (*except* for driving sims, then it sucks and a controller is better). Skyrim, Fallout 3, BF3, in my experience simply better on PC (and I played them with both controller and mouse/keyboard on PC (and controller on Xbox 360)).

Also, PC game cheaper than console (unless you buy via Steam at the moment). 

And with regards to the quality issues on PC as some reviews have stated, i haven't seen them yet - though I don't play on ultra, only medium to high. 

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Originally posted by docminus2

PC. Always better. I have played several games on both systems, and while it is fun and comfy to sit on the coach with a handheld, the accuracy for combat is much better with a mouse and keyboard (*except* for driving sims, then it sucks and a controller is better). Skyrim, Fallout 3, BF3, in my experience simply better on PC (and I played them with both controller and mouse/keyboard on PC (and controller on Xbox 360)).

Also, PC game cheaper than console (unless you buy via Steam at the moment). 

And with regards to the quality issues on PC as some reviews have stated, i haven't seen them yet - though I don't play on ultra, only medium to high. 

I would agree that Skyrim was way better on the pc with all the mod potential. I just wanted to make sure it did not run like junk on the pc I have little interest in the online stuff I just want the offline to work well

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Other than the uplay servers being shite, the game is fine on the PC.

Uplay learned a hard lesson with watchdogs, do not over hype a game if you don't have the hardware to back it up.

Same lesson Zenimax learned at ESO launch.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Total Biscuit recently did a Youtube WTF on Watchdogs, might want to check it out, but given that the Xbone has the lowest game resolution of all the versions, its probably the one to buy as a total last resort. The PC version does have issues in that at 1080p the framerate can vary quite a bit, but its due to poor optimisation, but even that is way better than the 780p that the Xbone can barely manage to run at, probably also due to poor optimisation. Not Ubisofts best work by all accounts, but the multiplayer side of the game is reputedly the most fun part of the game.image
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    i got it for PS3 for the added content lol
  • CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    The multiplayer servers will be more stable on consoles, aside from that the pc versions will be more enhanced. Typically pc wins out except with respect to stable servers and payment models, in those cases consoles are the better option. Let it be known that is not true in all cases, but in most cases. Personally if I get watchdogs I will be getting it for the ps4.
    Originally posted by Crusades
    The multiplayer servers will be more stable on consoles, aside from that the pc versions will be more enhanced. Typically pc wins out except with respect to stable servers and payment models, in those cases consoles are the better option. Let it be known that is not true in all cases, but in most cases. Personally if I get watchdogs I will be getting it for the ps4.

Would be interested to know where your information is from, as there is no evidence to support your conjecture that the consoles will benefit from better server stability than the PC, or are you suggesting that Ubisoft would purposely do this? if anything the reverse might well be the case, but in terms of the console versions, your right that the PS4 version is likely to be the better one, even if it can't manage full HD, its still a much higher resolution than the Xbone is capable of supporting, but again, the frame rates are not that great, which to me indicates that the game is poorly optimised for any of the platforms.image

• scarecrow860scarecrow860 Member UncommonPosts: 8

I have it for the PC & Xbox One.. the Offline is stable on both, but the Online seems a bit more stable on the One..but I have not done much on the One to really be sure.

I have been playing on the PC more though since It runs fine on my rig and looks really nice, Also because I got the Deluxe/Season Pass and got ALL the content including the PS4 stuff.. and if there will ever be community mods added the PC is where they will be.

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Phry

Would be interested to know where your information is from, as there is no evidence to support your conjecture that the consoles will benefit from better server stability than the PC, or are you suggesting that Ubisoft would purposely do this? if anything the reverse might well be the case, but in terms of the console versions, your right that the PS4 version is likely to be the better one, even if it can't manage full HD, its still a much higher resolution than the Xbone is capable of supporting, but again, the frame rates are not that great, which to me indicates that the game is poorly optimised for any of the platforms.image

Would be interesting to know where your information is from, as there is no evidence to support your conjecture that the PS4 will be better then the XB1.  All three were not optimized very well you play either the xb1 or ps4 from you couch ten feet away they will look the same .  Now you psboys continue your little crusade acting like there is some huge difference well especially in WD case there is not .  

Originally posted by coorsguys

Would be interesting to know where your information is from, as there is no evidence to support your conjecture that the PS4 will be better then the XB1.  All three were not optimized very well you play either the xb1 or ps4 from you couch ten feet away they will look the same .  Now you psboys continue your little crusade acting like there is some huge difference well especially in WD case there is not .  

My information comes from 25 years of personal experience playing games on consoles and pc. It's always fascinating when people have different perceptions though considering I personally know what my experiences have proven to be. As I said too, it's not always the case with servers and pay models.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

This actually depends on whether or not you are running an NVidia card or an AMD card.  Turns out there's something iffy going on with the WatchDogs code and AMD cards, and it might be deliberate.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/28/nvidia-fires-back-the-truth-about-gameworks-amd-optimization-and-watch-dogs/

So if you have an AMD video card, you might be better served to get it on console.

Now, if you want to take part in the multiplayer, and you haven't paid your online tax for your console, then you'll probably be better off getting on the PC, even if you have an AMD card.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Don't you mean if you have a Nvidia card?
    Originally posted by lizardbones

This actually depends on whether or not you are running an NVidia card or an AMD card.  Turns out there's something iffy going on with the WatchDogs code and AMD cards, and it might be deliberate.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/28/nvidia-fires-back-the-truth-about-gameworks-amd-optimization-and-watch-dogs/

So if you have an AMD video card, you might be better served to get it on console.

Now, if you want to take part in the multiplayer, and you haven't paid your online tax for your console, then you'll probably be better off getting on the PC, even if you have an AMD card.

Those who own an xb or ps and play multiplayer games don't think twice about the silly "tax" or whatever people try to call it.  It has never and will never be a reason they do or do not buy a game on a console.  Now for those who act like it's a huge deal don't have a leg to stand on for their argument.  

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Seriously AMD? It's not our sub-par drivers. It's Nvidia making secret deals behind closed doors with men in black on black suits, and suitcases of money. That's their stance now?

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I have a R280X with 14.4 drivers, no problems. Not playing on highest settings though, since my CPU is a bit old. 

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

My information comes from 25 years of personal experience playing games on consoles and pc. It's always fascinating when people have different perceptions though considering I personally know what my experiences have proven to be. As I said too, it's not always the case with servers and pay models.

The information is supplied by Ubisoft themselves oddly enough, and while i agree that the PS4 is a superior games machine to the XBone, my PC is far superior to both, so i don't need them. But, since you asked for it;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-performance-analysis

and if you want to check out Totalbiscuits youtube vid too, then he goes more into detail on some of the issues. The game appears to be poorly optimised for any of the platforms, and like eurogamer said, throwing a 290x at it did not help at all and some of the issues with the AMD cards were out of proportion to their capability, and were in effect worse than their comparative Nvidia ones, and when you take into account TB's Twin Titans then you have to wonder if maybe they pushed it out a bit sooner than they should,  but this is all bearing in mind that their running on the PC at full 1080 with Ultra settings, something neither console can do anyway - the PS4 even can only manage 900p, which isn't that bad, but there are still issues, and its locked at 30 fps, which for those who were hoping for 60 fps might be a bit disappointing, but even so its still better than the 790p that the Xbone runs at, and even then struggles hard, so i wouldn't be at all surprised if XBone players are entirely disappointed with the games performance. image

The information is supplied by Ubisoft themselves oddly enough, and while i agree that the PS4 is a superior games machine to the XBone, my PC is far superior to both, so i don't need them. But, since you asked for it;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-performance-analysis

and if you want to check out Totalbiscuits youtube vid too, then he goes more into detail on some of the issues. The game appears to be poorly optimised for any of the platforms, and like eurogamer said, throwing a 290x at it did not help at all and some of the issues with the AMD cards were out of proportion to their capability, and were in effect worse than their comparative Nvidia ones, and when you take into account TB's Twin Titans then you have to wonder if maybe they pushed it out a bit sooner than they should,  but this is all bearing in mind that their running on the PC at full 1080 with Ultra settings, something neither console can do anyway - the PS4 even can only manage 900p, which isn't that bad, but there are still issues, and its locked at 30 fps, which for those who were hoping for 60 fps might be a bit disappointing, but even so its still better than the 790p that the Xbone runs at, and even then struggles hard, so i wouldn't be at all surprised if XBone players are entirely disappointed with the games performance. image

And here you go again with your bias uninformed ignorant comments about the xb1.  It struggles?  Really and you have proof of this ?  And 900p vs 790p is noticeable while playing 10-15ft away on your couch?  No it's not your desperation is getting to be pretty sad.  
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Why people even argue about consoles is beyond me. It's like arguing whether Little Tykes or Power Wheels is better. Who cares when you can buy an actual Ferrari.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

And here you go again with your bias uninformed ignorant comments about the xb1.  It struggles?  Really and you have proof of this ?  And 900p vs 790p is noticeable while playing 10-15ft away on your couch?  No it's not your desperation is getting to be pretty sad.  

maybe you should read the review from Eurogamer, and its not just about the resolution, although if your eyesight is bad enough i guess from 30 feet away 790p and 900p will look a bit like 1080p image

of course thats all dependent on your having a decent enough Tv in the first place, if you have an el-cheapo Telly that probably only has 720p anyway, then your laughing really image

But like i said its not just about the resolution although for some that will be an issue, particularly if they don't have an el-cheapo 720p telly... but read the reviews, otherwise you will think i am just making it up. But must admit i am glad i not only have a PC, but have an Nvidia GPU image

Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Why people even argue about consoles is beyond me. It's like arguing whether Little Tykes or Power Wheels is better. Who cares when you can buy an actual Ferrari.

This is somewhat true, If I want the best graphics I play on my Ferrari, if I want to relax have a beer and play with my friends who don't have a Ferrari I play on the xb1.  Those like Prh who apparently tape their gaming experience and play it back in super slow mo so they can justify to themselves that one is better then the other are just desperate to give themselves meaning in life.  
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Unless you have a controller available for PC I would not buy it. Feels very clunky and unfinished. 

maybe you should read the review from Eurogamer, and its not just about the resolution, although if your eyesight is bad enough i guess from 30 feet away 790p and 900p will look a bit like 1080p image

of course thats all dependent on your having a decent enough Tv in the first place, if you have an el-cheapo Telly that probably only has 720p anyway, then your laughing really image

But like i said its not just about the resolution although for some that will be an issue, particularly if they don't have an el-cheapo 720p telly... but read the reviews, otherwise you will think i am just making it up. But must admit i am glad i not only have a PC, but have an Nvidia GPU image

Here...don't worry he even apologizes to the ps 4 fanboys like yourself .  

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Watch-Dogs-PS4-Xbox-One-Night-Time-Graphics-Comparison-64171.html