Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is Fun!

Comments

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    Originally posted by immodium

I said this in context to levelling. This is entirely subjective and your mileage may vary;

• Flashpoint queue times are atrocious and very poor quality in the Group Finder.

Like you state, completely subjective. GF is an amazing tool. I've managed to level a few characters just doing FP's. Que times for me when playing tank/heals range from instant to 5 mins max wait time. DPS around 20 mins max.

I only go to planets to follow my class story.

SWTOR is probably one of the best leveling experiences I've had thanks to the GF tool. I'm always playing with people in that game.

I'm glad Group Finder is there, I literally ran one flashpoint at launch until the tool came out because my friends were too story-oriented to do the flashpoints(which really irked me) and no one would finish a flashpoint after dying once partway through a run. It's definitely better than nothing, but I feel like it's diluted with the tactical flashpoints now. I've heard positive things about the high pop servers but it was bad on Iron Citadel and when I got condensed into POT5 it's been crappy there too. I'm curious to see if the LFR/Story Mode Ops queueing works for the community, I liked it alot in WoW.

Come on dude you can't be serious!  You ran one FP at launch? Did you even read chat?  Did you even play at launch? People were always running fp during the first month or two of launch!  So how exactly did your friends only do story-content ?  Did you ever think of joining a guild I know you think there is no incentive to joining one but here another positive in joining one.  

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by coorsguys

I said this in context to levelling. This is entirely subjective and your mileage may vary;

• Flashpoint queue times are atrocious and very poor quality in the Group Finder.

Like you state, completely subjective. GF is an amazing tool. I've managed to level a few characters just doing FP's. Que times for me when playing tank/heals range from instant to 5 mins max wait time. DPS around 20 mins max.

SWTOR is probably one of the best leveling experiences I've had thanks to the GF tool. I'm always playing with people in that game.

I'm glad Group Finder is there, I literally ran one flashpoint at launch until the tool came out because my friends were too story-oriented to do the flashpoints(which really irked me) and no one would finish a flashpoint after dying once partway through a run. It's definitely better than nothing, but I feel like it's diluted with the tactical flashpoints now. I've heard positive things about the high pop servers but it was bad on Iron Citadel and when I got condensed into POT5 it's been crappy there too. I'm curious to see if the LFR/Story Mode Ops queueing works for the community, I liked it alot in WoW.

Come on dude you can't be serious!  You ran one FP at launch? Did you even read chat?  Did you even play at launch? People were always running fp during the first month or two of launch!  So how exactly did your friends only do story-content ?  Did you ever think of joining a guild I know you think there is no incentive to joining one but here another positive in joining one.  

One flashpoint to completion. I attempted several others but they all fell apart while group-building looking for missing roles or during the run. I feel like you don't actually read my posts and just give kneejerk reactions to key words you don't like., and if that's the case you're better off putting all my posts on ignore.

My friends and I were a guild, but it never grew and took off with the massive drop-off of players in Spring 2012. Some stick together and are active, but probably a larger percentage of guilds do not.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Po_gg

As for Tera, Lotro, DDO, and STO in the last three years Swtor has released way more content then them.  So please instead of copy/pasting links try reading them .  

Don't want to mess up your cozy little dispute (hence the snip) but that line above... just no. True, I can't vouch for Tera, never liked it, but DDO and STO both received more than TOR, and LotRO... even the mention of it pretty much facepalm-worthy :)

If you forget the major ones in the last three years (Isengard, Rohan and Helm's Deep), just the rest of the smaller updates combined could match up the additional content TOR got since release... and those three expansions each had more. Sorry, but in regards of content updates, LotRO and TOR are not even in the same league.

It'd be better to focus onto the original subject of the thread, the fun. A couple days ago we did a H+4 without tank or healer, it was fun :) (ok, up to the point when we saw the repair bills after the many wipes...)

Lotro has added more quests and landmass sure I'll give you that but features and new things to do? Not close. I was a huge fan of lotro it was one of my favorite games, but there is a reason in the last two years the game has become obsolete . Talk about face-palm comparing DDO and STO to Tor is a joke, you can't be serious.

This is the 3rd time you changed your meaning of your "which MMO has added more content than SWTOR in the last 2+ years" comment after having been proven wrong. Did you mean "content", or "features"? Next thing you will say, is multiple 14+ boss raid instances being added to WoW are just more "NPCs, not actual new features or real content" lol.

Yeah I didn't change anything. I said sure if you want to just count landmass and quest sure lotro has more, but if we are talking all content and features Swtor has added more.  Now I understand you have been called out many times by me and are upset but spinning my words doesn't help your credibility.  

You went from this: Updated too slowly?  Go read the patch notes for the last 2+yrs buddy what mmo has added more content then Swtor?

To this: Lotro has added more quests and landmass sure I'll give you that but features and new things to do? Not close.

You went from content in general, to cherry picking which content you felt noteworthy  after being proven wrong by multiple posters and proof sources.

BTW, I was not the one "being called out"....you need to read poster names inbetween your rage enduced posts lol....my credibility is perfectly in tact ;)

One flashpoint to completion. I attempted several others but they all fell apart while group-building looking for missing roles or during the run. I feel like you don't actually read my posts and just give kneejerk reactions to key words you don't like., and if that's the case you're better off putting all my posts on ignore.

My friends and I were a guild, but it never grew and took off with the massive drop-off of players in Spring 2012. Some stick together and are active, but probably a larger percentage of guilds do not.

Yeah if you would have stated during the dropoff it was hard to get groups sure id agree with you there...but if you only finished one fp in the first two month and blame it on a poor group well there was one factor that was each one of those groups...you.  I was in a small guild at launch also but I ran and completed more fp then I can remember .  By the time I reached 50 I had light side maxed and social maxed.  Sorry finding and completing fp was not hard.  

As for Tera, Lotro, DDO, and STO in the last three years Swtor has released way more content then them.  So please instead of copy/pasting links try reading them .  

Don't want to mess up your cozy little dispute (hence the snip) but that line above... just no. True, I can't vouch for Tera, never liked it, but DDO and STO both received more than TOR, and LotRO... even the mention of it pretty much facepalm-worthy :)

If you forget the major ones in the last three years (Isengard, Rohan and Helm's Deep), just the rest of the smaller updates combined could match up the additional content TOR got since release... and those three expansions each had more. Sorry, but in regards of content updates, LotRO and TOR are not even in the same league.

It'd be better to focus onto the original subject of the thread, the fun. A couple days ago we did a H+4 without tank or healer, it was fun :) (ok, up to the point when we saw the repair bills after the many wipes...)

Lotro has added more quests and landmass sure I'll give you that but features and new things to do? Not close. I was a huge fan of lotro it was one of my favorite games, but there is a reason in the last two years the game has become obsolete . Talk about face-palm comparing DDO and STO to Tor is a joke, you can't be serious.

This is the 3rd time you changed your meaning of your "which MMO has added more content than SWTOR in the last 2+ years" comment after having been proven wrong. Did you mean "content", or "features"? Next thing you will say, is multiple 14+ boss raid instances being added to WoW are just more "NPCs, not actual new features or real content" lol.

Yeah I didn't change anything. I said sure if you want to just count landmass and quest sure lotro has more, but if we are talking all content and features Swtor has added more.  Now I understand you have been called out many times by me and are upset but spinning my words doesn't help your credibility.  

You went from this: Updated too slowly?  Go read the patch notes for the last 2+yrs buddy what mmo has added more content then Swtor?

To this: Lotro has added more quests and landmass sure I'll give you that but features and new things to do? Not close.

You went from content in general, to cherry picking which content you felt noteworthy  after being proven wrong by multiple posters and proof sources.

BTW, I was not the one "being called out"....you need to read poster names inbetween your rage enduced posts lol....my credibility is perfectly in tact ;)

I never said I called you out in this thread little buddy.  Go read your own threads after you get called out you end up trying to bait me so you can report me and you completely fail at that just like you have failed at having any credibility on Swtor.  Now I'm not the one raging you are the one following me around these forums because you have been called out so many times.  

Im not cheery picking anything again nice try spinning my words.  

My laying out clear as day how you changed your meaning once you were proven wrong, is met with accusations of baiting and reporting? You sir, just made my day.

I never said I called you out in this thread little buddy.  Go read your own threads after you get called out you end up trying to bait me so you can report me and you completely fail at that just like you have failed at having any credibility on Swtor.  Now I'm not the one raging you are the one following me around these forums because you have been called out so many times.  

My laying out clear as day how you changed you meaning once you were proven wrong, is met with acusations of baiting and reporting? You sir, just made my day.

No you little buddy made my day, I have never had an internet stalker before...very weird to tell you the truth.  I have a little warning in my inbox right now luckily mmorpg copies they entire conversation in there it clearly shows you baiting me and how you clearly reported me for being called out.  Accusations haha it's the truth!  

You clearly are confused.  Yes in the last 2+yrs lotro has added more landmass and quest, but if you take Swtor landmass, quest, other content and features vs lotro landmass,quest, feature and other content Swtor has added more total. How is that hard to understand?  Again I never changed my tone you just keep spinning my words.  

My laying out clear as day how you changed you meaning once you were proven wrong, is met with acusations of baiting and reporting? You sir, just made my day.

No you little buddy made my day, I have never had an internet stalker before...very weird to tell you the truth.  I have a little warning in my inbox right now luckily mmorpg copies they entire conversation in there it clearly shows you baiting me and how you clearly reported me for being called out.  Accusations haha it's the truth!  

You clearly are confused.  Yes in the last 2+yrs lotro has added more landmass and quest, but if you take Swtor landmass, quest, other content and features vs lotro landmass,quest, feature and other content Swtor has added more total. How is that hard to understand?  Again I never changed my tone you just keep spinning my words.  

Claims of stalking, reporting etc etc doesn't change the fact that you, clear as day, have changed the meaning of your initial comment 4 times now. I can list each iteration in a row, but something tells me that won't resolve this ;-)

Claims of stalking, reporting etc etc doesn't change the fact that you, clear as day, have changed the meaning of your initial comment 4 times now. I can list each iteration in a row, but something tells me that won't resolve this ;-)

Yeah you've tried to spin my comments a million ways.  Yes I was wrong (note to self never tell an Internet forum stalker they were right) about wow, but I have not changed my tone with lotro you are just having issues understanding.  

Yeah you've tried to spin my comments a million ways.  Yes I was wrong (note to self never tell an Internet forum stalker they were right) about wow, but I have not changed my tone with lotro you are just having issues understanding.  

This isnt about WoW or lorto...this is about you stating that no mmo has added as much content as SWTOR in the last 2 years.....just the pure fact that you were wrong about WoW means your initial comment was wrong...at least you are finally seeing reason. I have never played lorto, all I have been doing is pointing out that everytime you were presented with facts (as you did with me and WoW), you changed your meaning of what you first ment. For me, your first change was "oh I ment 4 months from now"...for lorto, you changed your meaning of what you ment by "content"....but enough of this...everyone reading this thread clearly sees that lol.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    *snip*

also when you read about a ex employer from bioware- EA saying the most thing they was proud on the game was the sound files of VAa, makes you wonder what the hell they was thinking.

and now with DA3 launching this year and Bioware saying we learned with ours mistakes, pretty much tells you what you need to know, pretty much if DA3 fails don't think Bioware will stay around much longer

also another thing to add for swtor rage is, for a MMORPG its sure is a nice Single Player, jedi knight pretty much plays like it was KOTOR 3, and unless you like to redo gameplays just for story modes I don't see much point in playing it again, and the fact you can make a good stading char in a month of gameplay and on this game jedis are the weakest ones to play, lame open world pvp (serious no point at all).

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  

*snip*

Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

*snip*

Quite a bit of what he said is actually true. Its not because EA's legal department is good at making things go away that they never happened.

A lot of it is biased, true, but uninformed and misleading should be more up your alley. If you even believe half of your own rambling.

imageimage
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    *snip*

also when you read about a ex employer from bioware- EA saying the most thing they was proud on the game was the sound files of VAa, makes you wonder what the hell they was thinking.

and now with DA3 launching this year and Bioware saying we learned with ours mistakes, pretty much tells you what you need to know, pretty much if DA3 fails don't think Bioware will stay around much longer

also another thing to add for swtor rage is, for a MMORPG its sure is a nice Single Player, jedi knight pretty much plays like it was KOTOR 3, and unless you like to redo gameplays just for story modes I don't see much point in playing it again, and the fact you can make a good stading char in a month of gameplay and on this game jedis are the weakest ones to play, lame open world pvp (serious no point at all).

*snip*

*snip*

Quite a bit of what he said is actually true. Its not because EA's legal department is good at making things go away that they never happened.

A lot of it is biased, true, but uninformed and misleading should be more up your alley. If you even believe half of your own rambling.

Very nice of you to snip the true parts...so the following is true?

the Jedi is the weakest class?  What class is that exactly?  

You can make a good standing toon in one month?  Well his reply changed that to two months...which one is it?  

Single player?  Yeah just read my snip you took out.  

Ex-employee? Oh in his reply he stared oh well that was a long time ago and I can't find it now.  

Yeah ok I'm full of misleading uninformed info lol 

nice try buddy!

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by abean321

Hi Forum People,

I dont post much I usually read the proverbial puke that comes out of most fanboys and girls about "X" game.

I have to say this game is fun. The stories are great and time consuming. The pvp is loads of fun. The one thing that catches me the most is the fact that I got my wife interested in this game. Its a milestone, trust me. The extent on her gaming is this; are you ready, "Subway Surfers."

She's hooked!

If you haven't tried Star Wars: The Old Republic, give it a spin. It's Free (favorite word)!

Glad you're having fun.  Just be aware that the game doesn't have much lasting power.  The first 20 levels are filled with lots of "wow" moments, and tons of fun.  After that, it becomes "more of the same" very quickly.  Also, it's common for people to run the first Flashpoint, have lots of fun with the story-elements and with how different it feels from standard MMO dungeons, only to realize later that it's literally only that first Flashpoint taht's different.  Bioware did a classic bait-and-switch with it, which is something that was widely noted during early reviews.

Having said that, don't underestimate the power of an MMO that your wife also likes.

You make me like charity

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    I have to say I avoided this game like the plague when it came out and only tried it up to lvl 7 when it went f2p.  I decided to pick up a referral for the free 7 days subscription and I have to say it is really fun.  It is very linear but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets now.

to be fair they hoped for more, and its was bioware pretty much the "best" rpg maker for computer back then(then they make swtor and make DA2 ME2 and 3). then to put a cherry on top of it all they closed star wars galaxy (because ehy they need that player base on they new game).

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  So they (bioware/ea) Closed swg?  They closed it because they wanted it's players especially since Swtor has more players then swg could ever dream of.   Lol what a joke swg was flapping in the wind long before Swtor.  Swg closed because SOE closed it because nobody was playing it and they did not renew their license.  Unless you have a link to prove somehow bioware/ea closed swg,   Otherwise like I said bias, uninformed, misleading lies from you.  

When you read about ex employees?  Hmm first post a link where they said this and how many ex employees go on and on about how great a company is that let them go?  And bias, uninformed, misleading lies.  

Hmm bioware learned from it's mistakes?  So you have a link that says bioware learned from it's mistakes on the 2nd or 3rd most popular western mmo?  Or did bioware learn from their mistakes with the ending of ME?  Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

Oh here nice work jumping on Another bias, uninformed, misleading lie about Swtor that the hater train likes to jump on. Single player lol yeah so every other mmo that has the following is single player right? 

Flashpoints (dungeons since you clearly have no idea about Swtor)

Ops (raids "                       ")

pvp ground

pvp space

world bosses that require multiple players

crafting items to see to other players

selling items to other players

datacrons hunting some require multiple players

heroic areas (questing areas they require multiple players )

Guilds

I can keep going but clearly this is not a single player game!

I get it you don't play or have never played and just copy/pasting old hater points.  The current game most run multiple toons because it's one of the best leveling experiences in mmo. 

The Jedi is the weakest class?  What class would that be exactly?  

Good standing char in a month?  You can get reputation from every faction that offers it? ranked pvp (which has seasons and has a point actually another bias, uninformed, misleading lie from you I wanted to point out)?, run all the ops? get top gear in one month hmm? Get full relationship on all of your companions?  ECT ECT!   Ok good luck with that.  

So to end my post about your obvious bias, uninformed, misleading lie of a post the real rage comes from players like you.  Who have not played ever or in a long long time and have zero knowledge of the current game.  These haters who rage and post lies about a VIDEO GAME over three years later typically are bitter swg vets who can't get over their game closed.  So go read the patch notes for the last three years you will learn a lot about this game.  

Three year later and we still have people posting bias, uninformed, misleading lies about a video game!  

SWTOR is an "OK" game but nothing great and certainly can't touch SWG for gameplay. SWG was shut down because LA (Now Disney) did not renew their license and suffered long term because of SOE's botched NGE fiasco. Even though that game was nearly 10 years old it had more going for it (and still does) than SWTOR.

The two games can't even be compared side by side because the differences are so vast. SWG has complex crafting and deep gameplay while SWTOR is a flashy story and has weak gameplay and meaningless crafting. I played SWTOR from Beta onward and several times since then and my opinion has not changed.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

it's allready like wow everyone played since "vanilla" and thus all their arguments are valid.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

to be fair they hoped for more, and its was bioware pretty much the "best" rpg maker for computer back then(then they make swtor and make DA2 ME2 and 3). then to put a cherry on top of it all they closed star wars galaxy (because ehy they need that player base on they new game).

The thing is that the game is not bad but it should have been B2P at launch.

What Bioware failed with in later years is the companions which drove many of their earlier games. Games like Baldurs gate, Neverwinter nights and KOTOR all had very interesting characters and they made a large part of the game. TORs companions are nowhere near KOTORs just like DAs (particularly DA2) were a lot poorer than the old BGs.

Heck, I think DA2 would have been fine if there were more than 2 acceptable characters in the game.

TORs biggest problem however is that it isn't exactly the regular MMO that can be played for years, you play the story and then at least I am pretty done with it. That is why it should have launched as B2P at launch. The F2P model is so-so but I rather had it with an itemshop closer to GW2.

But playing the story have certainly it's good parts, it is just that they could have done so much more with it.

The PvP feels pretty aweful to me though.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Thank you for the support, I don't think my first post in the thread was unreasonable or deserving of the derailment.

It wasn't but you can't swing a midget on this forum without hitting someone trying to make this game out to be the most evil mmo ever made or trying to prove how bad it's doing.

Look where this thread went. I've laughed at all that for years not really caring much because I didn't play it any more. I took the odd poke at someone trying to say it's losing money or whatever but never really gave it much thought. Now after going back to it and playing it...the game is really fun and is a very good themepark mmo. So seeing all this nerd rage over the game seems even more ridiculous to me now.

I can see why fans get tired of reading the nonsense about this game. When every mouth breather with a keyboard is here trying to spread shit that isn't even close to true it's a bit frustrating. What would any fan do if every thread about their game got trolled by these people.....wait.....that is what happens here.

You can not have a thread about this game without it turning into why SWTOR sucks. It really needs to stop.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Thank you for the support, I don't think my first post in the thread was unreasonable or deserving of the derailment.

It wasn't but you can't swing a midget on this forum without hitting someone trying to make this game out to be the most evil mmo ever made or trying to prove how bad it's doing.

Look where this thread went. I've laughed at all that for years not really caring much because I didn't play it any more. I took the odd poke at someone trying to say it's losing money or whatever but never really gave it much thought. Now after going back to it and playing it...the game is really fun and is a very good themepark mmo. So seeing all this nerd rage over the game seems even more ridiculous to me now.

I can see why fans get tired of reading the nonsense about this game. When every mouth breather with a keyboard is here trying to spread shit that isn't even close to true it's a bit frustrating. What would any fan do if every thread about their game got trolled by these people.....wait.....that is what happens here.

You can not have a thread about this game without it turning into why SWTOR sucks. It really needs to stop.

Well...have you considered the possibility that this is happening because the game DOES suck?

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

Very nice of you to snip the true parts...so the following is true?

the Jedi is the weakest class?  What class is that exactly?  

You can make a good standing toon in one month?  Well his reply changed that to two months...which one is it?  

Single player?  Yeah just read my snip you took out.  

Ex-employee? Oh in his reply he stared oh well that was a long time ago and I can't find it now.  

Yeah ok I'm full of misleading uninformed info lol 

nice try buddy!

You're the one blatantly labeling everything in his post as "biased, uninformed, misleading rambling".

You might have one or two points, but most of it is opinion and your post is actually a lot more misleading than his.

Oh and "There is no try."

imageimage
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

Tried when it went free to play and uninstalled quick.

One mans treasure is another mans trash.

Good proverb, will remember it. :-) Mainly because if somebody does not like something does not mean it bash that game, simply maybe have different taste. I have found treasure anyway with Swtor. :-)

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    deleted
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    The story is great, the game play not so much.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    I have to say I avoided this game like the plague when it came out and only tried it up to lvl 7 when it went f2p.  I decided to pick up a referral for the free 7 days subscription and I have to say it is really fun.  It is very linear but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets now.

Wow I have to say this is a lot of bias, uninformed, rambling going on here.  So they (bioware/ea) Closed swg?  They closed it because they wanted it's players especially since Swtor has more players then swg could ever dream of.   Lol what a joke swg was flapping in the wind long before Swtor.  Swg closed because SOE closed it because nobody was playing it and they did not renew their license.  Unless you have a link to prove somehow bioware/ea closed swg,   Otherwise like I said bias, uninformed, misleading lies from you.  

When you read about ex employees?  Hmm first post a link where they said this and how many ex employees go on and on about how great a company is that let them go?  And bias, uninformed, misleading lies.  

Hmm bioware learned from it's mistakes?  So you have a link that says bioware learned from it's mistakes on the 2nd or 3rd most popular western mmo?  Or did bioware learn from their mistakes with the ending of ME?  Again bias, uninformed , misleading lies from you. 

Oh here nice work jumping on Another bias, uninformed, misleading lie about Swtor that the hater train likes to jump on. Single player lol yeah so every other mmo that has the following is single player right? 

Flashpoints (dungeons since you clearly have no idea about Swtor)

Ops (raids "                       ")

pvp ground

pvp space

world bosses that require multiple players

crafting items to see to other players

selling items to other players

datacrons hunting some require multiple players

heroic areas (questing areas they require multiple players )

Guilds

I can keep going but clearly this is not a single player game!

I get it you don't play or have never played and just copy/pasting old hater points.  The current game most run multiple toons because it's one of the best leveling experiences in mmo. 

The Jedi is the weakest class?  What class would that be exactly?  

Good standing char in a month?  You can get reputation from every faction that offers it? ranked pvp (which has seasons and has a point actually another bias, uninformed, misleading lie from you I wanted to point out)?, run all the ops? get top gear in one month hmm? Get full relationship on all of your companions?  ECT ECT!   Ok good luck with that.  

So to end my post about your obvious bias, uninformed, misleading lie of a post the real rage comes from players like you.  Who have not played ever or in a long long time and have zero knowledge of the current game.  These haters who rage and post lies about a VIDEO GAME over three years later typically are bitter swg vets who can't get over their game closed.  So go read the patch notes for the last three years you will learn a lot about this game.  

Three year later and we still have people posting bias, uninformed, misleading lies about a video game!  

Well said.  I was going to post something along the lines of this.  But, you beat me to it lol.  I love the part about ME2 and ME3 failing lol.  How many copies did these games sell again?  Still some of the best western rpgs out there.  OP (and anyone else reading this), please take a huge grain of salt with anything angry SWG fanboys spew.

Originally posted by Betaguy

Yes, the best quality of the game is the story. Once the story is done, it's done though. Keeping a subscription beyond having played all the stories isn't really worth it, but you're free to pour as much money into it as you want.

And even with the story being the best part of this game, for many classes it's not all that great. For some classes it's even quite bad.

This would have fared better as a B2P game.

imageimage
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Yes, the best quality of the game is the story. Once the story is done, it's done though. Keeping a subscription beyond having played all the stories isn't really worth it, but you're free to pour as much money into it as you want.

And even with the story being the best part of this game, for many classes it's not all that great. For some classes it's even quite bad.

This would have fared better as a B2P game.

Its a F2P game with a P2P option, making the game B2P would just be a deterrent to future players and might even kill the game off entirely. Any game that has a cash shop, should imo, not also charge a box price, its too much of a double dip. Though i have to say i feel the same way about P2P games, if the game has a subscription requirement then you shouldn't be charging AAA single player game box prices for them, but should really be more in line with the cost of the initial months sub price, at most sub + 100%, not the more recent examples of sub price + 500% image

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

The class stories are fun, but the planet stories get old if you do them more than a couple times. And once you've finished the class stories, there's nothing further in the game worth playing, IMHO.

I think things would have been better if they made like 3-4 stand alone games.  Strangely, you don't see it all that much these days, but long ago sometimes games, especially RPGs, would essentially use the same exact engine, but different content. Heck, like KOTOR 1 & 2. Both used the Neverwinter Nights engine heavily modified.

OTOH, this way I only spend $30 for a two month sub to finish the class stories, as opposed to $240 (or at least $100 on sale) for 4 different games...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there