Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Listings

HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Time to pick which servers you and your mates or guild members will be on. Carbine said they will keep an eye on things and add more if needed.

Comments

• scopy60scopy60 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    omg only 1 en pvp server well that is a bad sign 

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    For EU there is 1 english pvp server but for North America there is 3. But they also have 1 Fr and 1 DE pvp server also.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    No RP - PvP? What the... they told us that each region would have one. This is bad.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Not that many servers I think they may not have enough  players to populate an RP PvP server. I am playing on the  RP PvE Euro Lightspire server. They are very realistic about their population. I think these developers are very down to earth.

I think the box price was not so high the regular box so they already calculated the number of players who used their codes and are acting accordingly. I do not mind it if the number is steady and loyal to the game.

Chamber of Chains
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    RP server! Yes! Hopefully the greifers stay away :( always a pipe dream.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    They did said they will add more if it's needed, so it's all there and ready, but there not putting them in yet just to test the flow of players. tbh better to start small than the awkward merge later. :)
    Originally posted by cheyane

Not that many servers I think they may not have enough to players to populate an RP PvP server. I am playing on the  RP PvE Euro Lightspire server. They are very realistic about their population. I think these developers are very down to earth.

I think the box price was not so high the regular box so they already calculated the number of players who used their codes and are acting accordingly. I do not mind it if the number is steady and loyal to the game.

There was a petition-like thread on the forums regarding RP-PvP realms and quite a number of people expressed their interest in said realms. A developer replied and told us that each region would have an RP - PvP server. 

Again, this sucks.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Yes that is sad for the players who were hoping for one. They also said their servers  hold more people may be they did not want to split the English PvP population to RP and not RP.

On the plus side this game will be no threat to ESO so perhaps they will feel less threatened and visit our game's forums less to start up spurious threads. We can only hope.

Chamber of Chains
  • TX_ImhotepTX_Imhotep Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Shodanas

Not that many servers I think they may not have enough to players to populate an RP PvP server. I am playing on the  RP PvE Euro Lightspire server. They are very realistic about their population. I think these developers are very down to earth.

There was a petition-like thread on the forums regarding RP-PvP realms and quite a number of people expressed their interest in said realms. A developer replied and told us that each region would have an RP - PvP server. 

Again, this sucks.

I do believe what was said was they would look at their internal metrics and see if they could provide RP-PVP with a healthy population. Apparently they dont think they can. 40-50 people repeatedly posting on a thread does not make a healthy population. I feel for you but do you really want to be on a server with a crap population?

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

If people really, really want to RP and PVP they still can, just hop on the RP-PVE server and flag yourself for PVP, permanently.

Or, just RP on one of the PVP servers.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Originally posted by TX_Imhotep

Again, this sucks.

I do believe what was said was they would look at their internal metrics and see if they could provide RP-PVP with a healthy population. Apparently they dont think they can. 40-50 people repeatedly posting on a thread does not make a healthy population. I feel for you but do you really want to be on a server with a crap population?

I am quite sure that here in Europe there are a whole lot more than 50 people wanting an RP-PvP realm. 75 people in my guild alone and i know of at least two more EU guilds who wanted this type of server.

Anyway, what is done is done. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Lighrspire it is....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Either the game didn't sell that much, or they are doing the exact same mistake Rift was doing, starting up with way too few servers and being forced to add lots of servers during the startup.

The problem with that strategy is that the initial servers will get insane queue during the first few weeks, and the last servers they added will be dead one month after launch.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Originally posted by Shaigh

Either the game didn't sell that much, or they are doing the exact same mistake Rift was doing, starting up with way too few servers and being forced to add lots of servers during the startup.

The problem with that strategy is that the initial servers will get insane queue during the first few weeks, and the last servers they added will be dead one month after launch.

They are not using the same server type. Wildstar's severs have a much higher capacity compared to the ones Rift used.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

They are not using the same server type. Wildstar's severs have a much higher capacity compared to the ones Rift used.

Compared to every other game, except those having megaservers :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Heard that one before. I really hope its true this time.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

If i was preparing for realese... i would have a dozen backup servers lined up...  just in case... but noboddy needs to know..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

Again, this sucks.

Taken from their Facebook page:

"We know that some players will be disappointed that there are no RP-PvP Realm types included in this list; however after extensive data collection the decision was made that there was simply not enough demand to justify having this realm type and keep a healthy population number.

That isn't to say we will never have this realm type however, if we see a large increase in player population overall, and especially on the RP and PvP Realms it is something we can re-evaluate."

Edit: I, almost always, play on RP servers if they are an option. A lot of times they are not. This usually leads to the online community designating an unofficial server for it. For instance the Tarnished Coast server in Guild Wars 2. Check their forums or Reddit and I am sure it's already happening. Be sure to let us know if you find out which is being designated the unofficial RP-PVP server.

• TX_ImhotepTX_Imhotep Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

If i was preparing for realese... i would have a dozen backup servers lined up...  just in case... but noboddy needs to know..

Cougar stated earlier they had a solid number of servers ready to roll out if demand requires it.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

On the plus side this game will be no threat to ESO so perhaps they will feel less threatened and visit our game's forums less to start up spurious threads. We can only hope.

I wouldn't count on it since I have already noticed about 2 or 3 ESO whiteknights starting to make their revenge posts here in the WS forums.  The trickle of their posts will soon get more and numerous.  I wish you WS fans good luck.  It looks like you guys have a solid and fun game to play that delivers on many fronts.  I hope I can free up some time to join you guys in Nexus in the next few months.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

One EU PvP server.

LoL @ Carbine.

Originally posted by TX_Imhotep
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Cougar stated earlier they had a solid number of servers ready to roll out if demand requires it.

Adding servers later on doesn't fix servers that are already overcrowded unless you offer free transfer. Almost all guilds will stick to the servers known before launch, very few switch to new ones.

• EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

One EU PvP server.

LoL @ Carbine.

I count three

EDIT:

Actualy Carbine seem to think that the German speaking crowd is as big as english speaking, with both having the same amount of servers. Only the french get one pve server less

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I'm just pleased there's a designated Oceanic server, hopefully enough people play on it.
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I'll play on Lightspire (EU RP-PVE) with the PVP flag on.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!