Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I wont be playing Wildstar.

13»

Comments

• wandererchanwandererchan Member UncommonPosts: 17

I played 14 arr at launch to past 2.1. I knew of people clearing turns 1-5, crystal towers and all 3 primals in about 3 hours. Then had nothing to do afterwards. Primal and raid boss fights was nothing but a memory game. No randomness at all. Be like ugg time to do titan extreme. Stack behind titan Plumes, move out then move back in. bombs move to position, then stack up again. Doing kind crap was so boring. You didn't need to think with fights in 14. Just memorize patterns.

Wildstar has been fun to me. I hated PvP in all games. Then I tried out wildstar. It was all kinds fun to me. People say telegraph make game easy. Obviously haven't played enough. I be enjoying this till something else piques my interest.

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Knotwood
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

I notice Wildstar players on this forum get real defensive when comparing their game to anything OP, you might as well spit in the wind and get the same effect.

I get what the OP is saying and we are on a forum to vent or discuss whats on our minds, however with that said, I will be playing Wildstar, I will be hoping for the best, but be expecting the worst. That's the way to approach any new mmo in todays market.

I am a victim of peer pressure.

Agreed.  Soon as it hits 30 bucks, it'll be fun to play it.  After all games like this run out of content super fast, so its worth the wait, its not going anywhere anytime soon.

Just because "your" game ESO ran out of content super fast and is already retailing for half the original price, don't tar WS with the same brush. From the articles and video interviews I have seen the WS dev team are actually passionate about what they are doing, they are actively listening to what their playerbase wants to see ingame and reacting to that whereever and whenever possible.

Rather than employing the same hubris that the ESO dev team did...

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Copypasterino

Damn the 10M subs in Teso guy wont play wildstar :/

Where do you get your numbers? 10m subs? They have probably around 1 million players and that's only during the initial stages of game play; after that people thin out. 

If they really hit even 5 mil subs ZeniMax would be bragging about it everywhere

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by omidus
    Originally posted by Copypasterino Damn the 10M subs in Teso guy wont play wildstar :/

Where do you get your numbers? 10m subs? They have probably around 1 million players and that's only during the initial stages of game play; after that people thin out. 

If they really hit even 5 mil subs ZeniMax would be bragging about it everywhere

its sarcasm

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by fs23otm

The art style of FFXIV and WS are nowhere near the same.

FFXIV went for a realistic high fantasy. WS went for Don Bluth hyper stylized approach.

I played FFXIV and downed all content in that game. It is a solid game, but has it's issue also. 

Is WS perfect? Nope, but I see more potential for growth in WS, then in FFXIV or ESO. 

FFXIV was orignally 59.99 just like every other game. Except it was so bad, then had to shut it down and rebuild it. They knew they would never get 59.99 again for that game. So they made it 29.99..... plenty of people bought it at 59.99 ....

Just curious... why do you see Wildstar as having more potential for growth? An unknown IP vs. two very well established IPs with years and years of lore and story. Not saying that this is necessarily a negative as all IPs start somewhere lol, just interested to hear your thoughts. 

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Havekk

FFXIV went for a realistic high fantasy. WS went for Don Bluth hyper stylized approach.

I played FFXIV and downed all content in that game. It is a solid game, but has it's issue also. 

Is WS perfect? Nope, but I see more potential for growth in WS, then in FFXIV or ESO. 

FFXIV was orignally 59.99 just like every other game. Except it was so bad, then had to shut it down and rebuild it. They knew they would never get 59.99 again for that game. So they made it 29.99..... plenty of people bought it at 59.99 ....

Just curious... why do you see Wildstar as having more potential for growth? An unknown IP vs. two very well established IPs with years and years of lore and story. Not saying that this is necessarily a negative as all IPs start somewhere lol, just interested to hear your thoughts. 

Well Final Fantasy isnt really something that has built over the years in terms of story or lore, its a brand.   FF games pretty much just need moogles and chocobos with RPGish elements to be a FF game.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Funny thing is games with a unique IP have more freedom and something else thats very big. Take Star Wars or Elder Scrolls. Fans get set in their head how the game should be and if its not they flip out and not buy the game or unsub. Unique IPs have a larger chance at success. If I was to make a MMO, I would make a unique IP game from all the fan flip outs I have seen.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by silverreign

Originally posted by Knotwood

Originally posted by Shodanas

Now, i couldn't possibly let you go away with this. Obviously you have not tried a veteran dungeon or a raid in WS, i have. And to say that they where hard would be a huge understatement. People thinking that telegraphs make things easy are in for a very unpleasant surprise when the game goes live. It will be fun watching pug groups going into veteran Stormtalon's lair and wipe for a couple of hours before disbanding. 
    I think what you are talking about is the cheap shot telegraphs in the raids, where you are going to die without a warning of a telegraph or not.   Nothing wrong with a cheapshot, but why would you even need a telegraph for a cheap shot then?  It actually will allow you to beat the raid faster when that cheap shot IS a telegraph because you know the pattern faster then without one.  So for cheap shots, you absolutely shouldn't even have a telegraph, it defeats its purpose.   Think of telegraphs as either a cheapshot with 100% hints on how to beat it next time, or as something that does allow you a 5 ms reaction time to move out of it resulting in a face roll. 

I'd rather see a raid that makes you use your intellect to move out of a huge swinging club and not knowing what its range is or how it works and needs to be figured out, then something that shows highlights on the ground of the exact range, and details of the swing.  Such a faceroll when your jumping around telegraphs every second.   I bet the raids in WS will be beat in a much faster time then FFXIV Turn 5 was because of this.

JUST TURN THE DAMN TELEGRAPHS OFF!!

Turning off Telegraphs on a game that was 100% tailored to telegraphs would be just suicide and not a fix.   Its nothing more then a pacifier to people who do not like the telegraph system's overuse.

Using telegraphs here and there wouldn't be so bad, but every single attack, heal, buff, ect.?   What purpose does it serve other then giving people training wheels?

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99

I think the reason many(may or may not be in this thread) thinks the game has potential is because it's a new IP. Yes TESO and WoW has many years ahead of it in terms of story and content, but people like shiny new gadgets (iPhone comes to mind). 

Every game ever published has potential, I don't think it is exclusively tied to established IPs, but given my experience in WS closed beta doing all the raids and veteran dungeon; the game is not as open minded as to gobble up massive amounts of subscriber numbers.  Many things are still not tuned correctly imo. The end game content is there, but it's more of the same old "dailies/path missions" etc, etc. 

WS devs learned a lot from WoW, but only the vanilla version of wow. They learned nothing or ignored everything WoW has done since to retain its player base. They keep touting the whole hardcore pve thing; it's pretty much true. And only about 1% of the players will reach that tier or cutting edge game play. 

This discussion has been closed.