Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funnest class

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I know it's totally subjective. Also, there are lots of variations, so feel free to give you build info and reasons why.

Comments

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

I like all of the classes that I've tried (sorceror, dragonknight, nightblade), but the nightblade is my favorite.  You have real stealth options once you get rolling, and the class is surprisingly durable (with siphons, self heals, and gear) and flexible.

My basic build is dual-wield and bow.  The dual-wield side I run with shadow cloak + veiled strike, which is a terrific combination.  Shadow cloak also lets you disrupt power attacks (and the combo gives you fast stealthed movement with the right morph).  If you can maneuver into position crouched you can one-shot mobs.  I then also add the Flurry skill (morphed to knock off balance.)  The other skills rotate depending on the situation  - siphons for self healing, steel tornado for AoE, Lotus Fan as a gap-closer.   Haste, Siphoning Strikes, Drain Power are also possible.  The Assasination Ultimate is great with the right gear (there is a Med armor set with a big self-heal on using an ultimate, and this ult is cheap).  The other ultimates can be nice group heals. 

For the bow set, Silver Bolts fits in. There are some good CC options here - Shades will offtank for you, Agony parks a mob for 12 seconds; between the two you can park two mobs, leaving you room to focus on the others.  Mark Target is a good opener, basically setting up a massive self heal on your first kill.  Scatter shot (a knockback) is always on my bar; there are snares, slows (good for kiting), and snipe (a nice high damage ranged opener.)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

If its hard to call a funnest class in any game...

Its probably in this game...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    [mod edit]

No, because your build is so much much more then your classchoice...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

If its hard to call a funnest class in any game...

Its probably in this game...

Why? Because they all suck?

Because I think when most pick their funnest class they usually pick the role they enjoy the most. In ESO class is irrelevant if you want to be a tank, healer or damage dealer as all are more than adequate to fill all roles.

OT: Favourite class for me so far is Bow equipped Night Blade.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I didn't think there was such a thing as a funnest class   ;)

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I didn't think there was such a thing as a funnest class   ;)

Ok, then what class is the character you have the most fun playing? Will that work?

I realize you can play any role with any of the 4 starter classes. Nonetheless, which class abilities are the funnest for you?

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268

I would have to say DK because you can do anything you want on it.  It also helps that it is wildly OP and can solo VR10 stuff.

I play a NB and waiting 6 weeks for a balance patch.  I would say go Sorc or DK now if you want fun and don't want to wait for fixes.

OMG I am Ancient!
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    As noted above, nightblades are fun and completely viable in PvE (I won't say anything about PvP because I don't do it much yet - plenty to do on the journey there.)
  • TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    I was playing a Templar and it was fun. Now I'm playing a Destruction Staff, and it's funner, just less personality.