Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game has the most subscribers and active players on one server?

I was wondering if anyone knew which game has the most subscribers and what the numbers are.  I heard that Lineage is the biggest online game in the world with over 100,000 subscribers, but I don't know if this is a fact.  Also, I was interested in knowing which game has the most players on one single server.

Thanks,

Sirrah

Comments

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    Actually Lineage has close to 4 million current subscribers and is the biggest in the world as far as I know.  The majority of its player base is in Korea I beileve.  In the U.S. the biggest is Everquest with around 450,000.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Lineage: the Blood Pleage is the biggest with roughly 4 Million subscibers.

EQ is 2nd with apx 500,000

DAoC has apx 200,000

Ultima Online apx 200,000

ShadowBane apx 150,000

http://www.gamespy.com/amdmmog/week1/index3.shtml

I'm haven't looked up any others recently.

Sever stuff isn't known. MMORPG aren't run on a single sever. They are run on banks of severs. Only 1 or 2 EQ zones runs on a single server. I'm sure most other games run the same way. So how many users can one server handle would depend on the hardware and the game. How many one bank of servers would also depend on the hardware and the game.

-=-=-=-=-
    "Playing EQ to the highend is like getting hit in the head over and over. When the hitting stops you start to miss the dizzy feeling. The lack of this "dizzy feeling" will ruin you to other MMORPG's"

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.