Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player, new (ish) europe server, how long before the cash shop pull is too strong?

Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

So was originally closed beta player in 2008 on US server, spent 4 yrs playing and admit to spending maybe $1000-$1500 over that time (not much compared to the 10s of 1000s some have but still a fair amount) . Quit at end 2012 cursing the overpriced cash shop and gamble boxes but at least having had a good time, max lvl 150 and league one in FL.

Bored now, just cancelled FF14 arr sub and waiting on elite dangerous, looked around and Europe now have a dedicated English server and only 2 mths old.

In all these threads someone moans about cash shop (I think I did) and how to compete you need to spend. Then there's always one who shouts they never spent a dime and were in Div 0 and had all best gear.

So I have set myself a challenge, see how far I can get without using cash shop.  Luckily I have the time to invest as I am easily gaming 4-7 hours a day 

Graphics have changed (new starting area, and I don't recognise some of the monsters or map), new main characters, you get a full team whilst recruiting the mercs you actually want but gameplay is the same.

So much to re-learn plus a lot of new stuff

OMG 1 hour in and found people from my old server, have declined offer of power levelling, gonna give this experiment my best shot.

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Did they actually update the graphics for this game?
  • Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I wouldn't say updated graphics, just changed them and so far the world around them from what I have seen. Graphically wise it's certainly nowhere near GW2 or FF14 more like Perfect World's Asian MMOs with UI being changed but luckily graphics was not the enticement for me.  
  • Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Correction, its not new graphics, its a whole new starting zone. I guess for everyone but in my case am a blademaster.

Got to lvl 60 in starting zone and now transported to main game and everything is as I remember.

• grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65
    I too have recently started playing again, can't say I didn't miss it while I was away. There's just nothing like it! I also hated how the boxes are random and low rate to get the mounts and wings, but this time around I ignore the cash shop and I now remember why I really enjoyed Atlantica. I'm glad I'm not the only one! How many games still hold 6 servers after 5 years? I just wish more people knew about it!