Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any f2p mmo with really good pvp?

ricsi046ricsi046 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Hi

I tried dragon nest but i don't like that it has closed world.I also like wow pvp,but after a few years it can become boring.So is there any other?I prefer mmo's where i can wander freely,can jump on obstacles like in wow and where pvp is not only button smashing.

Comments

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

PvP in Achaea is pretty complex. Lots of 'afflictions' to give your opponent, and lots of cures for those afflictions. Lots of ways to insta-kill your opponent if they have a certain number of afflictions. High learning curve but very fast-paced and fun. Open world, player-driven factions, and a good RP-community.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    age of wulin / wushu sounds right for you, u can learn jumping skills to jump higher and spin in the air, and u can climb on anything and everything, and u can use this in pvp to help if needed, and its a sandbox game where pvp is the main task of the game,

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The best F2P MMO for PvP is in my opinion, Planetside 2, the battles are often long and hotly contested, its a 3 way dust up involving hundreds of players, it is however, a first person shooter..image
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The problem with F2P PvP is that it usually becomes pay2win fast, whoever put most money in the itemshop will have the by far best chance of beating an opponent.

My tip is trying GW2, while it do require that you buy it you get no monthly fees and the PvP is a lot fairer there than in any F2P I seen.

It do have way more obstacles to jump over than Wow *evil grin*, try a PvP jumping puzzle. The battlegrounds are a lot larger than Wows, the downside of that is that it can get "zergy" and if that is bad there are also 6 Vs 6 (instead on hundreds of players from 3 factions.

Also, the combat system is a bit different from Wows but it is not that hard to get used to.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Not F2P, but Darkfall is the best persistant open world on the market right now.

The pvp is really fun.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    f2p that doesn't end in p2w or skill mechanic doesn't feel broken (gw2)?sadly none come to mind
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Lustmord

Not F2P, but Darkfall is the best persistant open world on the market right now.

The pvp is really fun.

I kinda doubt it is what OP is looking for though,, FFA sandbox PvP is a rather big step from Wow or I would have recommended Eve.

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I second Age of Wushu.  There are some imbalances in the game, particularly with a couple overpowered sets.  However, the diversity of abilities, the active blocking and countering system, and the multitude of meaningful reasons and opportunities to fight more than make up for any imbalances.  If this game had been run by Trion or NCSoft or another publisher of that caliber, this game would likely be present on most PvPers radars.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Age of Conan, dude, Age of Conan