Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch Dogs; PURE console port

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Play it and you will see. The controls are horrible, especially the mouse movement. Feels clunky as shit. 

Trying to get a refund as I type this, if you plan to play this with mouse and keyboard you better prepare for some clunky controls. 

Comments

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

Shocking. /sarcasm

Honestly, if a game is coming out on both consoles and PC you're better off just assuming everything is going to be a shitty console port until proven otherwise. At least it looks playable with a mouse and kb unlike the Dark Souls games.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    And apparantly it has one of those 'open world' settings where, if you go outside the missions' intended bounds, it will fail you.  No wandering!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by Alka_Setzer

Shocking. /sarcasm

Honestly, if a game is coming out on both consoles and PC you're better off just assuming everything is going to be a shitty console port until proven otherwise. At least it looks playable with a mouse and kb unlike the Dark Souls games.

Ye, its playable but its the worst 3rd person control Ive played to date with keyboard and mouse.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by Arglebargle
    And apparantly it has one of those 'open world' settings where, if you go outside the missions' intended bounds, it will fail you.  No wandering!

It seems pretty open for what I have played. Maybe that is true for the story missions. Only done a few of them. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I found this video amusing, it compares the E3 gameplay video with how it actually looks on PC now that it's released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A6Z3gkXlk&feature=youtu.be

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Try playing Kingdoms of Amalur on PC. If you try and pan the camera (which is bound to happen given the PC controls) it jerks as you move it, no fluid motion. Literally gives you a headache and motion sickness after awhile.
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    I would say, the 1 thing ONLY that makes this game unplayable with a keyboard, is driving the cars, its just max throttle and u skiddle around the roads like on ice, you really need a pressure sensitive joypad, to drive anywhere in any cars, especially motor cykles :)
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by andre369
    Originally posted by Alka_Setzer

Shocking. /sarcasm

Ye, its playable but its the worst 3rd person control Ive played to date with keyboard and mouse.

have you played Dark Souls and Dark Souls II.. now those games have horrile mosue and keyboard controls..

Kind of glad I did not pick up Watch Dogs as I had a feeling there would be some issues. Still if I can get it cheap I might grab it.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Any games thats also being released on the 360 and ps3 will ultimately be lackluster.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Kabaal

I found this video amusing, it compares the E3 gameplay video with how it actually looks on PC now that it's released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A6Z3gkXlk&feature=youtu.be

Well...that means what we have seen of The Division will be the same deal. They show enhanced ingame footage, we get something less.