Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games like Runescape (2007 and before)

downnicedownnice Member UncommonPosts: 19

Player driven economy (Runescape economy used to be ran by player prices, no auction houes, Grand Exchanges and that type of stuff)

House Building

Long quest line

mutliple skills

A MMO that is not all Combat

Community

Fun unique Minigames

I really want to play a game that is not runescape but is like it pre 2007. Jagex does have a version but the community is now terrible

Comments

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Eldevin reminds me of old RuneScape. Player housing isn't in yet but I believe it is coming at some point down the road.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162

Wurm Online.  It kinda feels like playing Old school UO and Runescape, except with way more sandbox content. Its not all about fighting and you have a choice to play on pvp or pve servers.

You can make an account and play a Free account forever if you choose, but you are capped at 20 skill points, which limits you in many areas. Overall if you are looking for that old school feel, checking out wurm would not hurt. I suggest though if you are going to have a look at it, you try to contact me or get in with another group first day of play, because Wurm has a very steep learning curve, but if you are part of a group that can help you you will have no problems and may enjoy it more.

Goodluck.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Originally posted by Omali
    Eldevin reminds me of old RuneScape. Player housing isn't in yet but I believe it is coming at some point down the road.

I'll 2nd this post.  Check out Eldevin.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Eldevin is good but they limit you more with item space than any game I've ever played, and of course they are on the cash shop. Just a criticism though, I've got the $40 founder pack thing and it was well worth it. Spent a few weeks chopping down trees.
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Yeah, Eldevin is nearly a straight-clone of Runescape. Low pop though.