Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Girl Gamers

Comments

• daniellex55daniellex55 Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by KaptainZerg
    The OP addressed her questions to "ladies", not men. Yet, some of you morons just had to reply with the most stupid, backward messages. GG.Props to daniellex55 for her intelligent post. I hope she won't let the morons who replied deter her from becoming an active member of this forum.

Thanks KaptainZerg, I appreciate that you actually took the time to read what I wrote, and didn't feel the need to suddenly get defensive like quite a few guys seem to- And don't worry nothing anyone could ever say would keep me from gaming OR posting up my thoughts ::::39::

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by daniellex55

Originally posted by KaptainZerg
    The OP addressed her questions to "ladies", not men. Yet, some of you morons just had to reply with the most stupid, backward messages. GG.

Props to daniellex55 for her intelligent post. I hope she won't let the morons who replied deter her from becoming an active member of this forum.

Thanks KaptainZerg, I appreciate that you actually took the time to read what I wrote, and didn't feel the need to suddenly get defensive like quite a few guys seem to- And don't worry nothing anyone could ever say would keep me from gaming OR posting up my thoughts ::::39::

But did Kaptain ever thought that barely anyone would reply if she only wanted females, but Kaptain had nerve to post just like the rest of us? I'm sorry, but calling everyone morons won't get you to become active. I respect other people's opinions. Humm. Well nevermind. I really never kept up with this topic till today, so maybe I missed some comments. I only saw one comment that was kind of mean. Thing is the new members don't know is that we kinda been in a jam with the female gamers over a certan little event (sites stealing our active females, etc.) long ago. It's complicated, but it's nothing bad towards the females. Maybe Shae remembers it. I know a lot of the guys do.

Well I don't know whats going on in this topic. Welcome to the MMORPG.com community Daniell. This topic may not be much of a welcome, but we know the female gamers are out there.

Well, I got things to do. I'm done with this topic. I missed many post and it might be pointless now to review over the pages, so I don't know whats going on. Please check out our the forums. I'm going to go lift some weights or somthing. image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by ZivaDomini

Wow, LadyTyger.  Atlanta, Ga, huh?  I grew up in LaGrange, it'slike 45 minutes from Atlanta.  ASL!?!?  Joking...
    Have fun snowboarding Teala.  You'll be having fun...I'll be getting yelled at my big guys who think I'm a maggot....
    ^ Basic Training, btw.

So you are going into the service.  I wish you well.  BTW - many of my friends online are either currently still in or are ex-soldiers.  We belong to a gaming community and play games online together all the time(most are playing Planetside and WoW right now).  You can visit our website at westcoastgamerz.com.   Anyway...I have a special place in my heart for all our military people and now I can add you.  Take care ZivaDomini and stay safe.  :)
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Sorry LadyTyger, this might sound stupid, but what does ASL stand for?

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

But that's where the main issue lies. At some point, some guy hit on a gurl character that turned out to be another male...since then they've been paranoid *smirks*

It's alright until they chat you up on teamspeak.

And then come round your house.

• HibameHibame Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Sorry LadyTyger, this might sound stupid, but what does ASL stand for?

I do hope your kidding, but incase your not, it stands for Age, Sex, and Location. This can also be known as A/S/L.

WARNING: My spelling is atrocious

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by ZivaDomini

Wow, LadyTyger.  Atlanta, Ga, huh?  I grew up in LaGrange, it'slike 45 minutes from Atlanta.  ASL!?!?  Joking...
    Have fun snowboarding Teala.  You'll be having fun...I'll be getting yelled at my big guys who think I'm a maggot....
    ^ Basic Training, btw.

damnit now ill need to find a new president of my fan club.....

anyway stay safe.

and always wear earplugs....

i know someone who was in the army and declined and now they cant hear at all it seems....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

The whole sex separation that began with norms is nothing more than another moronic, inductive practice of cave-men. Much like religion.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

ermmm okz.. good luck i guess :S

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I have to agree with Elnator and it seems we have a lot of the same sort of history. My husband and I met while helping to develop Discworld Mud. We mudded together, we game together, we've worked together, we do motorsport together.... we been together nearly 13 years... married 11.

Back then, in Ye Olde Mudde days, women even just being online was a rarity. With the advent of today's sorts of MMOs, however, it's more and more common. In fact, today women in MMOs are common as muck. You can't turn around without bumping into one of us. We are everywhere. I don't know why the myth that we are rare lingers. It's also really cool that it is becoming more and more common to meet couples and even entire families who game together. This is the sort of thing that will keep MMOs being developed. I bet, in not so many years, online gaming will be a common pasttime for families... much like playing board games or watching a favourite tv show. It's a good thing!

It used to be that being a woman in a game made you a target. I haven't seen that in ages. It's become uncommon. Maybe every so often when you bump into a teen with raging hormones.... I've come across some who have used the excuse that I'm a woman to be rude but it's my opinion they would have been rude anyway. I don't care what gender people are or what gender they play on a personal level. If you are a good person, with a clever sense of humour and penchant for having fun, I'll have no trouble bonding with you... male or female.

• SonicManSonicMan Member Posts: 4

I think it really depends on 1) WHAT game you are playing, 2) WHAT guild you are in, and 3) WHAT server you are in. It is painfully obvious that more women play The Sims Online than men. Some guilds are more focused to hardcore elitism, where less women play, and some guilds are more into a balance of things, where I've seen more women than men in (Star Wars Galaxies). Some servers are notorious for being hardcore ... I'm not saying that women can't be hardcore but there is usually more males on these servers. This is probably why it seems like there is more males playing MMOGs, but it probably ain't that much more when you get down to the statistics. Plus, you DO have hardcore female players who like to PvP all the time (usually not as aggressive, but still...) they can back a bite!

• InferumInferum Member UncommonPosts: 141

Why would girls be playing Video Games in the first place?

1. They are either too ugly to show up in public

2. They do have little to no socially skills

3. They are Tomboys (in that case they usually choose a male character and pretend they are a guy)

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    I love it when the guys question me.   I whip there ass in PVP and send them to look at my pics on the server web site.   Never fails......rock on ladies.    image

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Inferum

3. They are Tomboys (in that case they usually choose a male character and pretend they are a guy)

Poor thing, hes never kissed a real live girl.   /comfort             imageimageimageimageimage

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

Originally posted by chlaos

Poor thing, hes never kissed a real live girl.   /comfort             imageimageimageimageimage

I actually do, but what's that have to do with the topic? I stated actual fact, there is no way someone that isn't like the 3 example I said will play Online games, period!

I'm sure most women cross the street when they smell him coming. Poor old sod.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

It's so sad when the mentally defecient escape the assylums and happen accross a computer with internet access.

/comfort

It's ok dear, go with the men in the pretty white coats, they'll take care of you.

Go on now... shoo, shoo.

Oh, so I guess you people think that behind every female character hides a Sharon Stone, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera? Sorry to break your illusions but they look more like Kelly Osbourne then any of the names stated before.

Good looking girls really don't give a **** about Video Games or Online Games (they are busy enough getting pretty)

• kimmarkimmar Member Posts: 446

Originally posted by daniellex55
    Hey ladies, I'm a girl gamer and of course- I find myself in a world of males. I'd say at least once a day I either question my self, or get questioned by my male counterparts about WHY I'm a girl gamer. For the record I'm a pretty normal girl. I don't have any social disorders, i'm not a humpback, I live in exciting southern California where there's tons to do, and I was even a cheerleader in high school. I began playing MMORPGs about 3 years ago after learning about them from a coworker. Now I wouldn't give them up for the world. So my question is WHY do other girls game, What games are your favorites and what has your experiences been like in a world where your surrounded by testosterone and violence?

Hello, daniellex55. I'm a girl gamer too. And so are 4 other girls in the office that I work at. We used to all play WoW. It was our first one together. But we've all moved over to DAoC now. So, yeah we're out here too. You're not alone. I think the guys need us to lead the raids. We're much more organized. hehe.

=============================
    It all seems so stupid
    It makes me want to give up
    But why should I give up
    When it all seems so stupid

• porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Oh, so I guess you people think that behind every female character hides a Sharon Stone, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera? Sorry to break your illusions but they look more like Kelly Osbourne then any of the names stated before.
    Good looking girls really don't give a **** about Video Games or Online Games (they are busy enough getting pretty)

I find you saying stuff like that about my girlfriend very insulting. See, we play games together. And she's awesome. And a hell of a lot smarter than your ass.

I'm sure Morgan Webb would like to give you a swift kick in the nards too. Assuming you have some after making a statement like you did.

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

I didn't insult your girlfriend. For your sake, get off the internet and find yourself A REAL GIRLFRIEND (no I ain't talkin', about your Cyber Girlfriend)

Anyway, whatever you people say. That won't make anything change about how the people act towards female gamers, so you people can continue dreaming about the furure of Feminism Hardcore Gaming, no one cares! Simply because... that would never happen :)

• SonOfAGhostSonOfAGhost Member Posts: 383

My daughter is very cute
    She's also very friendly and affectionate
    When not gaming (ie most of the time) her favourite activites are playing with her My Little Ponies, Strawberry Shortcake and Littlest Petshop. Her favourite cartoon? Atomic Betty. Yeah, she's a real tomboy in pigtails and pink most days. ::::12::
    You need to extricate your cranium from your rectum, the gasses are making you hallucinate with delusions of adequacy.

However, that you would assume such things leads to the conclusion that a lacklustre appearance, social skills and a gender identity crisis are likely issues that you are struggling to deal with, hence the anger in your post.

Originally posted by Yaisha 

When I get asked if i'm a girl I don't feel like I should have to lie, but when I say yes I get one of the following replies:

1) liar

2) lol, u must be really ugly!

but you can't really expect to be treated like a human being online anyway so i'm used to it.

Thats says it all! Period!

Originally posted by Yaisha
    When I get asked if i'm a girl I don't feel like I should have to lie, but when I say yes I get one of the following replies:
    1) liar
    2) lol, u must be really ugly!
    but you can't really expect to be treated like a human being online anyway so i'm used to it.Thats says it all! Period!

That does say it all... it says it all about lonely malcontents like you, not about the woman who is having that said to her. Women who play games are like women anywhere. They come in every size, shape and colour. Some are married, some are single, some old, some young. Like nearly everything else, it's a little reflection of the real world. Women USED to be rare online, years ago, but all that's changed.

I'm surprised when looking at your profile. One would think that at 21 years of age, you would have figured these sorts of things out already. I'm sorry for your lack of life experience and social skills. I'm sure when you've lived a little and matured, you'll laugh at the things you used to say. If not, then you'll probably be ill equipped to have any sort of relationship with a woman anyway and you're best left on your own. Even REAL LIFE women who have all their fingers and toes and whom you can look at without making the sign of the cross, will recognise that there's something wrong with you.

• ZivaDominiZivaDomini Member Posts: 442

Why are you guys even responding to such a blatant "I'm here just to insult" post?  I mean honestly.  Just skip it and continue the conversation.

And in all honesty, I've met extremely attractive girl gamers.  I recently quit my job because of going to bootcamp, but before I did there was a place next door with a girl gamer.  She was extremely attractive.  Some of my customers would actually stare at her while walking through the store. (A lot of the girls who worked there were attractive.)