Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real Black Watchmen Forum

rtommasortommaso Member UncommonPosts: 21
Hey all, but specially Anashel. I have the feeling that we are not really welcome here, due to the self called veteran MMORPG users. Lots of posts/topics from people complaining about new people posting. I think you should consider having an exclusive forum to pledgers/players where we can post freely without having our posts deleted and without being hostilized by the other forum members. Just a suggestion.

Comments

• AnashelAnashel Member UncommonPosts: 200

I am truly sorry about that. Do you have access to our private forums?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1085/view/forums/forum/1560/Pledge-Givers-Forum.html

This Forum is only visible to you and other pledge members.

• MoirenMoiren Member UncommonPosts: 34

I have to say I agree. A place where HE can moderate would be nice. 

While I can see the pledge giver's forum, THIS forum is the one people are going to see when they are deciding if they want to check it out or not. They are going to see both the good and the bad of it. And since this is a public forum there is a lot of bad with forum regulars questioning the validity of the game.

The whole forum structure is clunky and difficult to navigate, and just use in general; if you make a spelling mistake usually you can right click and get some options, not here! And somehow it prevents you from mouseover cut and pasting (You can use crtl+c and crtl+v sure, but not everyone uses that.) And while I don't mind the dark background there is no option to change it and a lot of people find it difficult to read.

And honestly I'm getting tired of nearly all my posts being flagged as spam because I proof-read because I post? It's very annoying and a big reason I pop in to read new posts, but post very little.

• TCO_TSWTCO_TSW Member UncommonPosts: 50
    To be honest I have to agree with everything Moiren said. Not a fan of these forums. :/
  • SantiakSantiak Member Posts: 130

Must admit I agree. It would be quite nice with a forum/site which was entirely and utterly centered around TBW, and no other game.

Can't help but feel that being on MMORPG is like a secret organisation holding meetings in a community center - it's a perfectly okay community center, don't get me wrong, but just not a community center that has everything a secret organisation would need when holding meetings. Beyond that, it strikes me as odd to "piggy-back" on a community site, when one of the main points of ARG is substantial immersion in the game universe - it somewhat breaks the suspense of disbelief - but I can see that it improves the visibility of the game to be here.

Other than that, I agree with Moiren and TCO, these forums are somewhat.. odd, to use.

Perchance a dedicated forum/site is something we'll be getting down the line? :)

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Enthusiastically agree with you, OP.

Previous ARGs had impressively slick sites and links with lots of access control. I do not think mmorpg.com is the best option for an ARG unless you are linking to somewhere else.

• rtommasortommaso Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by Anashel

I am truly sorry about that. Do you have access to our private forums?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1085/view/forums/forum/1560/Pledge-Givers-Forum.html

This Forum is only visible to you and other pledge members.

Yes, I've been posting some questions there concerning pledging and the game itself. But I think an exclusive forum on a website dedicated to the game would be more appropriate for some reasons. 1) we have a really great community and having users insinuating our posts are not legit does not reflect that; 2) it would help with immersion; 3) would be moderated by the game staff; 4) could have better features concerning customization and usability; 5) would give a more "professional" feeling to the game and the company.

I understand mmorpg forums might give the game more visibility and HE/TBW has limited resources, both human and economic, but considering what I (and other players) said before, I think an exclusive forum in a personalized website would be better. This forum is where some people will have the first contact with the game and the whole idea of an ARG and some of the posts I've been seing here do not help to leave a good impression. You are the game "owner" and you don't even have moderation powers here.

My suggestion is a website with: an exclusive forum with proper moderation and proper subforums (divided by classes, agent levels, etc.); chat channel; account management; file hosting (for ARG files, like PDF, images, videos and so on); ads (why not making money from it?) that aim the public of the game (books, movies, gadgets, etc.); a store (phone cases, lore themed novels, t-hirts, hoodies, customized gaming gear), game guides, access to missions, situation room(s), links to social medias, Twitter feed, etc.

Please, don't get me wrong: mmorpg is a great site and there are lots of great people around, but, you know, "a bad apple spoils the bunch".

• IlyaMerianIlyaMerian Member Posts: 6

I would have to agree with this as well, and I know it's my first time posting here. I don't particularly like this site's layout. Also, when I was deep into HE's previous ARGs, I was always kinda impressed by the websites you guys made specifically for that ARG. So I'd think having a separate forum of your own, for a -persistent- one would be very feasible.

It would not only serve as a base for discussion of alpha/beta, but I can also see it becoming one of the ways people form up groups for missions, ask advice, RP, etc and so on. I think it'll definitely be worth it.

Also, since it's been years since we spoke (not since the TSW launch ARG).. Hi Anashel! :)

• WilliamFlynnWilliamFlynn Member Posts: 5

If HE decides to make another ARG, I think it could be interesting to create one where the purpose is to discover / have access to the secure forums of the organization.