Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch Dogs...Can this setting be used in an MMORPG?

coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272

I will be picking up Watch Dogs today just thought I see if anyone else is picking it up.

Also do you think this type of game (GTA, Watch Dogs, Saints Row) could work as an mmo? WD seems to have improved and created new way to play with others (hacking into their game, most multiplayer content works in your solo game).  I'm a huge fan of current fantasy / sci fi mmos but I think a modern huge city mmo would bring a lot of new ideas and content to mmos.  

I think some might say TSW but that is not close to what watch dogs or gta is.  

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

they tried that..

100 players for each server..

game called all points bullitin

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Then again APB wasn't Rockstar....

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by docminus2

nor is Watch Dogs or Saints Row  :P

On the note, there is a multiplayer version of GTA 5 and it's not really that great to me.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Or Ubisoft

@OP I would wait til they better optimize the PC version because I have a pretty good PC (GTX 660 and all that) and it lags even on the lowest settings as just as much as it does on high settings. I updated driver too and installed the recent update.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Nah, this games are amazing because they are single player games, only 1 player in the world.

Trying to "transport" a amazing single player experience to a mmorpg experience normally dont end well.....

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

No it can not, not now, perhaps in 4 to 6 years we might.

Besides that picking up the game this Friday. But definitly looking forward to it's multiplayer aspect.

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

Or Ubisoft

@OP I would wait til they better optimize the PC version because I have a pretty good PC (GTX 660 and all that) and it lags even on the lowest settings as just as much as it does on high settings. I updated driver too and installed the recent update.

You would think since they delayed the launch that they could have done a better job getting it ready.  I have a group of friends on xb1 that will be picking it up so I will also be playing on the xb1.  I hope they optimized the next gens a little better then the PC.  And looking forward to the multiplayer features.

As for APB I believe that game failed because it's was a poorly made game and was not very good at all.  I would wonder in a polished game with this setting would do any better.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Anyone who has played GTA5 multiplayer knows how this turns out, FFA gankfest ala DayZ, Rust..etcetc