Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post 1.1.2 Impressions?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

The bugs seem to be just like all the other bugs in this game, it hits some but not others.

I have yet to hit any serious bugs worth reporting. (almost VR7 now)

It doesn't look good for this game though, the official forums are constantly plagued with negativity and complaints.

I personally am still enjoying it and it will last at least another month or so. My biggest concern is when i finish up all 3 faction quest lines I am worried if there will be anything enjoyable.

They need to add housing, dark brotherhood and thieves guild asap to give people something to work towards.

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268

The only thing that matters man is if you have fun or not.  Don't read all the crap on here, some of the crap you actually threw out here with the  hate and refund posts. 

If you are having fun then support and play the game, if you are not having fun move along, get a refund like you did and try something else.  Not sure of the intent of this post was.

I am having a blast still playing, and I  don't care how many of you like or hate the game.  It is NOT EQ1, but is my favorite MMO since EQ1 and I have played them all.

OMG I am Ancient!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

..and so it's yet still another hate post.  Give it a rest already.  No, they didn't "break everything"; there were a few issues that they hotfixed and even those didn't impact everyone.

My game experience was fine before the patch and it's fine now.  At this point the quest glitches are basically gone - I've encountered none at all in re-running alts through early game content and in running my more established characters through later game content.  I'm not seeing gold spam at all - the patch apparently had a mass bot ban associated with it.  Dungeons are pretty balanced now, with no swarms of players whacking the bosses. VR content is a lot of fun, and leveling is quite a bit faster for me than the scare stories I had heard before.  Once you play for awhile the crafting game comes into its own.  Playing the market with 4 large crafting guilds etc. is interesting and fun - I very much prefer it at this point to the global auction house game.

I'm liking the game even better now than before the patch.  Sorry to disappoint you.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Is there not a site rule about repeating topics already covered by a thread? Is this thread not another version of the "This update added more bugs than the ones fixed" thread?

Mtibbs1989, you left the game about month back but you won't move on. Look we know you like Archage, you said so in previous posts, but its not coming out yet. You have no intention of coming back to TESO, so lets keep this real.

Are we going to get a thread from you about bugs every time there is a major patch? Well this time you are a bit late, many of them have been fixed now according to those who said they were experiencing them. So next time do a thread immediately after patch day for maximum effect. I and no one I know has seen one of these bugs mind you, not one.

But thanks for another thread listing the same post patch issues.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

And, I personally, am just as interested in watching the development of the game.

Oh noes, we can't speak negative about a game that has CLEAR issues?  Frankly, parsing through threads is annoying to find bits and pieces.  Mtibbs was asking for feedback.

Telling him his question isn't valid is silly.  Your feedback isn't helpful to the thread.  Contribute to the thread people.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Ikeda

And, I personally, am just as interested in watching the development of the game.

Oh noes, we can't speak negative about a game that has CLEAR issues?  Frankly, parsing through threads is annoying to find bits and pieces.  Mtibbs was asking for feedback.

Telling him his question isn't valid is silly.  Your feedback isn't helpful to the thread.  Contribute to the thread people.

Please. Thread after thread basically re-hashing the same negative subjects time after time is not constructive nor useful. If you can't tell the difference than blind hatred for a video game has clouded your judgement. 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• FermianFermian Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

Hate's a strong word, I dislike to spend my money on faulty products. I merely want them to fix the game and from what I've read, they broke it more.

Time is money, friend.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Fermian

Time is money, friend.

Older vid.  Had a very similar discussion 15-20 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2inExgT77s

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222

Since I've left the game a couple weeks ago due to the poor quality of the game I've been keeping a close eye on it eagerly waiting to see if Zenimax would release a patch that would fix much of the issues. However, from various sources of information across MMORPG.com and ElderScrollsOnline.com it seems that the game has in fact become worse since the new update.

Issues like the introduction of a new memory leak causing lag spikes, more frequent infinite load screens, accidental deletion of Scourge, more skills not working as intended, many items missing their skins, and even buffing the strongest class in the game (Dragon Knight) while nerfing some of the weaker classes, exploitation Mage Mercenaries in Cyrodiil, and an unintentional increase of difficulty on veteran NPCs.

Customers who play Nightblades received information of patch 1.2 detailing a few issues that were going to be fixed with the class. Will it be enough to bring the class up to par with the others?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100627/nightblade-update

Earlier this morning I even watched a video of a Dragon Knight soloing the new Craglorn trials content. Is this what customers can expect from the game? Will it truly improve? One can only hope but it seems as though I'll have to wait much longer to give my money to Zenimax.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/103435/dk-solos-craglorn

I play the NB class and yes there are a lot of fixes needed. Is it going to bring us up to par with the others? Maybe but not with DK's I am currently VR8 and my brother plays a DK and with sword and board wearing all light armor can solo, yes thats right SOLO vr5 anchors. Which is absolutely insane. Even if they fixed NB completely it we would not be able to do something like this.

Back to the original question. 1.1.2 made a huge improvement as far as leveling goes. Now were not forced to quest to lvl. You can do it so many different way and really fast too. I am so glad they added this. I went from VR6-7 in 1 hour and 45mins..... before that would of taken me at least 5 hours if I didn't get bored in between. I'm happy with the experience other than that I haven't done too much but level.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by kakasaki
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Please. Thread after thread basically re-hashing the same negative subjects time after time is not constructive nor useful. If you can't tell the difference than blind hatred for a video game has clouded your judgement. 

Says who?  I'm sure if I was in his boat, and to be honest I've been there.  I'd feel that his statements are cathartic at the very least.  And that is helpful to him.  Just because you don't like to see negatives about a game doesn't mean it is warranted.  I suggest you not open up any post dealing with said lackluster MMO and stick to other sub forums if it bothers you to read negative remarks.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    if this mmo is lack luster than everyone of them out there is....

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by kakasaki
    And Mtibbs hate crusade continues! Some people really do have to find more constructive outlets for their free time...

Aw, how cute :O TESO fans turning on TESO fans :D 

I remember when Mtibbs argued that TESO is the best game ever made pre-release. Ah those pink-tinted glasses ^_^ 

I just find it disgraceful that you guys are willing to pay for a broken product just because there is nothing better on the market as P2P (since you are too high-born to play b2p or f2p) except, the one and only, World of Warcraft which we all love to hate.

I guess you need another gaming crisis (sales dropped by 97% last time it happened, about 20-30 years ago). Its happening atm. Market is flooded with low grade products masking themselves as E.T. , ooops, I mean AAA *chuckles* 

How many bad games from incompetent devs or devs that are being pushed by the suits to release ASAP and get their ROI.

How many bad games do you need before you say, "enough!" ? 

In the meantime, keep damaging the gaming industry until it collapses because of selfish reasons.

Do so until the only games to play are FIFA 20' and Battlefield 10 and Call of Duty: Whatever.

Show them the red card before its too late...  

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

Nothing personal but you unsubbed from the game. You clearly have no concern for the future of the product. Just let it go and find something else to play or spend your money on. Go play wildstar, or try and get into the AA beta. This game isn't for you. Sooner you realize that it will become less painful for everyone who reads these forums.

edit: Out of my curious nature I wonder whats the likely hood of someone leaving an mmo and actually returning to it within say a six month period?

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by ElElyon

The bugs seem to be just like all the other bugs in this game, it hits some but not others.

I have yet to hit any serious bugs worth reporting. (almost VR7 now)

It doesn't look good for this game though, the official forums are constantly plagued with negativity and complaints.

I personally am still enjoying it and it will last at least another month or so. My biggest concern is when i finish up all 3 faction quest lines I am worried if there will be anything enjoyable.

They need to add housing, dark brotherhood and thieves guild asap to give people something to work towards.

I'd love to see fixes to the game and then more focus on PvP content. I believe PvP is more sustainable then PvE content. People merely chew through PvE content in no time. I believe there were veteran 12's within the first 8 hours of Craglorn's release. That's ~9,500,000 experience between those two levels.

Glad to hear you're having a rather smooth play-through for the most part. I'm really hoping for them to say, "this is what we're planning for the next large content update."

Wonder why those people choose to play an Elder Scrolls game.

Other then that sorry, still playing since 3 day headstart, hardly ran into any issue apart from a few. 4 Toons (3xlvl16, 1x15 closing in on 16). Total of 134 hours played. But I know I play themepark games very different then many of the complainers do since I am more of a sandbox player and since themepark don't provide me with sand I create my own.

• DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by LordZeik
    Nothing personal but you unsubbed for the game. You clearly have no concern for the future of the product. Just let it go and find something else to play or spend your money on. Go play wildstar, or try and get into the AA beta. This game isn't for you. Sooner you realize that it will become less painful for everyone who reads these forums.

Really? No one has ever went back to a game? Especially if the game has some game breaking bugs to few. If you are one of those people are you going to keep throwing money at it with your thumb up your butt waiting to do something? Or would you wait spend your money on other things and wait for the game to hopefully improve.

I really dont understand all the fanbois who attack people who have problems with the game. You act like someone is attacking your child. If these people have problems with the game then try and help them. Dont attack them. You become part of the problem when you do that. You become the reason why no one returns to the game and why the game loses subs and eventually goes F2P or closed down forever. So if you really like the game try and help these people. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by ElElyon

Pretty much this.

I played for several hours on Saturday and not one bug, no disconnects, no issues at all.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Deathsmind
    Nothing personal but you unsubbed for the game. You clearly have no concern for the future of the product. Just let it go and find something else to play or spend your money on. Go play wildstar, or try and get into the AA beta. This game isn't for you. Sooner you realize that it will become less painful for everyone who reads these forums.

Really? No one has ever went back to a game? Especially if the game has some game breaking bugs to few. If you are one of those people are you going to keep throwing money at it with your thumb up your butt waiting to do something? Or would you wait spend your money on other things and wait for the game to hopefully improve.

I really dont understand all the fanbois who attack people who have problems with the game. You act like someone is attacking your child. If these people have problems with the game then try and help them. Dont attack them. You become part of the problem when you do that. You become the reason why no one returns to the game and why the game loses subs and eventually goes F2P or closed down forever. So if you really like the game try and help these people. 

This guy has been going on about this for over a month now. We really don't need people like him in eso. He can go play something else and then complain or praise that game. I'll gladly throw my money at a p2p game without question. It beats the alternatives that have been produced by the kinda community we have in this day and age of the f2p i win movement. ESO isn't my kid but the p2p is a dying model. It certainly needs protecting from all the entitled people who came in after the mmo boom.

• SavageoneSavageone Member UncommonPosts: 80

I think it's a good one. My lag issues aren't as bad, my Night blade survived the slight nerf.

My only gripe is I got caught in the underground bot sting!!  I was portalling  out of a zone then I fell, crashed. And when trying to log back in I found out I was banned! So I wrote them, they said I was an unscrupulous person....lol

I wrote back saying I protest my innocence, they wrote back and said it was their mistake and all is good. Except when I log back in a few thousand gold is missing of a couple of my characters. But all is well now.

• DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by Deathsmind

This guy has been going on about this for over a month now. We really don't need people like him in eso. He can go play something else and then complain or praise that game. I'll gladly throw my money at a p2p game without question. It beats the alternatives that have been produced by the kinda community we have in this day and age of the f2p i win movement. ESO isn't my kid but the p2p is a dying model. It certainly needs protecting from all the entitled people who came in after the mmo boom.

Is it really entitled to get what you pay for? Would you go to a restaurant order a meal, be given a moldy meal and then just eat it and pay for it? Thats not really called entitled to send it back is it?

This discussion has been closed.