Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you play MMORPG ?

iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

Yes , yes  ... i knew the question are stupid .

But there are a lots type of game out here ,

enough to burn all of your free time without need to touch single MMORPG .

Then why you chose MMORPG to play ?

Why you search for troublesome MMORPG genre where you have to play with other people that you hate ?

Why you search for super time consume genre while you can have quick shoot with FPS ?

Why chose MMORPG while there are other kind of fun game out here

It hard for me to understand why people who don't like natural of MMORPG chose MMORPGs to play .

The more argues i see , more i can't understand .

So i ready want to know why people play MMORPGs .

Me ?

I play MMORPGs because i can have fun with other players ,

i search for the kind of fun that i had in the early time of the genre.

And for some little adventures since it hard for me to go too far from my living place .

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well, I dont. Anymore. Not much time, no MMO around that tempts me, cant be bothered to get the hardware necessary either, having new hobbies now, that sort of thing.

I did play MMORPGs, well, to have fun and experience a challenge. I wanted to have an optimal character and wanted to learn playing them the best way possible. In short I am the powergamer variant of players.

• eviceuseviceus Member UncommonPosts: 7

fun with other players while immersed in fictional world

both sides are important to me

if I just wanted fun with other players I play FPS or DOTA

if i just wanted the fictional world, single player games can portray them more consistently and offer better immersion in storyline

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by eviceus

fun with other players while immersed in fictional world

both sides are important to me

if I just wanted fun with other players I play FPS or DOTA

if i just wanted the fictional world, single player games can portray them more consistently and offer better immersion in storyline

+1

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

For me it is first and foremost the massive part.. a massive virtual world, where you can play with and against a lot of other player in a persistent, virtual world to reach some targets and have challenging content on the way, and in between some socializing, community building and role playing.

Though.. there are not a lot of MMOs out there, which fullfil my demand.. and therefore i don't play any at the moment... and to be honest for quite some time. (at least at any lengthy time) The last was most probably EvE, and would be more or less the only viable choice at the moment. Hopefully some games can deliver in the near future.. there are at least again some interesting MMOs in development.. which wasn't the case the last 5+ years.

Edit: For everything else.. other genres and games are better. And therefore i really never understood that themepark trend, where every content is basicly simple multiplayer and could be done in a simple multiplayer game most probably better.. though.. there are not a lot of raiding games out there. Could be the next big thing.. (just not for me ;))

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Because they are fun, plain and simple. When they stop being fun, I'll move on to something else...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• poonczey1poonczey1 Member Posts: 11
    they are the best way for co-op! im playing with my wife and we both love to explore those immerse worlds and being able to play together in a competitive environment (aka: raids) is priceless. also, the leveling is never boring this way, so we usually have a tonne of alts.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I don't choose a game genre to play.

I play MMORPGs because it happens some MMORPGs are good (to me) games, particular those with IPs (Star Trek, Marvel) that i like.