Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK I need your help again Healer?

mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

I am new at this game and still have a lot to learn.

How do I choose a healer?

In other games you choose a healer from the get go, but I cant find that in this game, so if I choose a Jedi Knight can he be made a healer?

If anyone would take the time and explain to me what to do I would really appreciate it.

Thanks before hand.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

No a Knight can be tank or Damage Dealer.

A Jedi Consular can be a healer with the benefit of providing a powerful shield.

The smuggler can be healer with several regen heal types as bonus instead of the above mentioned shield.

Trooper can be a healer as well afaik but I never tried healing with this class.

Harbinger of Fools
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

There are two ways to play you either play a class that has a healer tree or you take a healer companion from the get go

Healer companions are 

Mako  Bounty Hunter. She is a healer from the very beginning.

Classes that can heal via their healing tree are sages,sorcerers, operative,scoundrel,commando,mercenery.

You get some of the healer companions later like Elara Donne, Doc,Tharan Cedric,Malavai Quinn. Some people equip the ship robot as a healer and use him until they get a companion that heals. 

If you decide to play the class with the healing tree you must invest in it and use one your companions to tank and keep them healed while you dps and heal and cc when needed.

Chamber of Chains
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Oh great I have a smuggler already but at a lower level, thanks good to know, now I can focus on that one.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

At the start of the game it was like this:

*Sages / Sorcerers: overall balanced healing class with both small and big heals, has shields etc. Not so much intense resource management, but finite resources.

*Scoundrels / Operatives: healing class that mostly uses a whole lot of small heals and provides great regen. Also had access to a few bigger heals, but mostly through crits. Intense resource management.

*Commando / Mercenary: mostly big heals with a longer casting time, with a few hots as well. Intense resource management.

Obviously class balance shifts, it started with sages and sorcerors outclassing everything. Then scoundrels had a big spot in the sun, commandos got some love at one point too. It shifts around.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Personally the best healer,cc and Heroic 4 content player is my scoundrel and operative. The reason is the stealth, ability to control robots and humans separately meaning 2 cc,get out of jail card when things go south you can stealth up and run for 10 secs,healing and by passing trash with stealth is no small thing either.
    Chamber of Chains
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    Oh great I have a smuggler already but at a lower level, thanks good to know, now I can focus on that one.

When you get to level 10 and pick your advanced class go with scoundrel. That's the smuggler healing class.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Personally the best healer,cc and Heroic 4 content player is my scoundrel and operative. The reason is the stealth, ability to control robots and humans separately meaning 2 cc,get out of jail card when things go south you can stealth up and run for 10 secs,healing and by passing trash with stealth is no small thing either.

Yeah that is a massive benefit. I'm playing together with a friend and we often duo H4 missions since we can stun up to 3 enemies together.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by immodium
    Originally posted by mayito7777

When you get to level 10 and pick your advanced class go with scoundrel. That's the smuggler healing class.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Update: I rolled the Scoundrel and now this game is even more fun for me. 5/30/2014

Well me healing skills are slowly progressing, managed to heal a party during a flash point mission.

• Originally posted by mayito7777
    Well me healing skills are slowly progressing, managed to heal a party during a flash point mission.

nice. this was the first game i ever played a healer. i didnt intend to be one at the start. i had planned on being a dps commando trooper but since the first companion was a dps, i figured i would be a healer till i got a healer companion. but i ended up having so much fun i haven't been anything but a healer on my commando