Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont know about you but I am having fun

13»

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by masonicone

give it a week or two op and then you'll see how shallow and hollow tor is. and how tor is only still around for ea to milk players with the p2w cartel market.

really? what exactly is p2w about it? others can look better than you because you refuse to pay a dime?

or you just hopped on the the wagon hating on anything that is'nt totally free even if things are just cosmetic?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Then you are doing it correctly, playing a MMO that you enjoy is always the way to go, have fun.

This^

This is all that matters, no matter what game it is and what others say.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

i hate waiting for the stronghold expansion, and I'd really like to know what the new planet(s) will be, and/or if they even revamped /expanded old ones, that would be the coolest thing. Imagine Tittooine without exhaustion zones plus day night cycle, and twice as large.

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

Glad you like it, so do i :)

i came back when it turned f2p been sub since then :)

i feel like swtor is in a god place right now, i mostly do arena and Raids. 

raids are realy well done and the same with flaspoints. every raid also got a nice Story arch with it

i like pvp in swtor also they got alot of diffrent type of maps and ofc huttball my favorite map of all time! 

they got Arena 4vs4 aswel. it works a litle diffrent then wow. here its best of 2 rounds

they got 2 types of arena solo ranked and group ranked

• Alec_StormAlec_Storm Member UncommonPosts: 19

I started playing fairly recently myself, did free-play for a few days & enjoyed it so I subbed.   I've been playing mmo's since the late 90's (starting with UO) and this is the very first game that I played that I find myself enjoying every single class archtype.  Endgame activities aren't my goal and never has been in any mmo I've played other then goal of reaching level cap.  I've always enjoyed the journey more then the destination when it comes to  MMO's, so with TOR (for me) it's about completing the story lines, grouping for heroics & social exp, & space battles.  The only thing I haven't touched yet is PVP, as fun as PVP can be I'm having too much fun with the PVE activities for now.

My Sith Marauder just hit 32 & completed chapter 1, my other 7 toons are lagging behind ranging in levels from 15-28.  As for favorites it's my (True)Sith Marauder & Twi'lek Smuggler.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by mayito7777

Despite all the negativity out there that kept me away from this game until now, I decided to give this game a try and I am having a blast, no rushing into things, trying to achieve all the achievements in each area I have made it to level 26 in one character and 15 in other with 2 more characters at level 4, trying all the possible combinations. 

I have liked what I have seen so far, the starship fights (I REALLY SUKK at that), to the dungeons I am having fun.

Loved SWTOR since day 1 and first few minutes of gameplay and ambience. One of best bug free releases ever. All worked like hot knife goes through butter. :-) However haters did a lot of damage as to any of games. They can not sold to me their lies because I have BEEN there ... but many rely too much on doomsday sayers posts.

Now, at the end, Wow is still for me best game ever invented, most polished, complete and complex experience ... but followed by Swtor. Love lore more but still they still need to work on. But mainly what I miss is some TRUE expansion with more levels, more planets and more CLASS STORY quest lines.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

I dont know if P2W is the main goal for this game, But right now I am enjoying it, I have 2 classes at 20+ one crafts healing potions and the other crafts upgrading stuff so each helps the other, one is light armor the other is medium/heavy armor so when the game gives me the wrong type the other guy can use it.

Win win on this case, now I am going to work in another character to craft other stuff so my main goal is to run 3 characters around the same level, I want to have 1 DPS, 1 Tank and 1 healer.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by mayito7777

I dont know if P2W is the main goal for this game, But right now I am enjoying it, I have 2 classes at 20+ one crafts healing potions and the other crafts upgrading stuff so each helps the other, one is light armor the other is medium/heavy armor so when the game gives me the wrong type the other guy can use it.

Win win on this case, now I am going to work in another character to craft other stuff so my main goal is to run 3 characters around the same level, I want to have 1 DPS, 1 Tank and 1 healer.

Not sure who said it was P2W but this game has Zero p2w, P2P yes P2w no.  

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by daltanious

Loved SWTOR since day 1 and first few minutes of gameplay and ambience. One of best bug free releases ever. All worked like hot knife goes through butter. :-) However haters did a lot of damage as to any of games. They can not sold to me their lies because I have BEEN there ... but many rely too much on doomsday sayers posts.

Now, at the end, Wow is still for me best game ever invented, most polished, complete and complex experience ... but followed by Swtor. Love lore more but still they still need to work on. But mainly what I miss is some TRUE expansion with more levels, more planets and more CLASS STORY quest lines.

For it me it's my favorite MMO ever. No other game has pulled me in and been so enjoyable. I agree that they need to release another expansion that expands the storylines.  They've said it won't happen and that's ashame because it's the best part of the game.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by Alec_Storm
    (...)

My Sith Marauder just hit 32 & completed chapter 1, my other 7 toons are lagging behind ranging in levels from 15-28.  As for favorites it's my (True)Sith Marauder & Twi'lek Smuggler.

Marauder/Sentinel is my favorite class together with Operative/Smuggler.

The best part in TOR, and what I have missed in all other games I have tried so far, is taking on a Heroic 2+ or Heroic 4 (dungeon, usually instanced, but sometimes public) by yourself as early as possible (read low level as possible) and try to beat it. Like soloing the GSF Heroic on Makeb or back when the cap was 50, soloing the daily Heroics on Belsalvis.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54

I am still finding ways to enjoy this game and community. I find now with the hype starting to build around the new movies I am even more interested in playing a Star Wars game. Disney and EA are profit machines, so I am hopeful that equates to investment and growth for SWTOR players.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by solochoowookie

I am still finding ways to enjoy this game and community. I find now with the hype starting to build around the new movies I am even more interested in playing a Star Wars game. Disney and EA are profit machines, so I am hopeful that equates to investment and growth for SWTOR players.

I don't necessarily see the re-hype in either the movies or this game, but I am definitely having fun in SWTOR and have subscribed on all 4 of my accounts to 6 months.  I really enjoy playing SWTOR.

Oh man, enjoyment level just went through the roof, I just rolled a smuggler and heck it is the best, funniest thing ever, I cant wait to get my hand on the POS who stole my ships,  like Ricki Ricardo use to say, when I put my hands around his neck I am going to twist his chicken neck ratatatatatatatata!!!!

Heck this fun, the smuggler is a hoot.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Everything is relative. I think that Elite: Dangerous when it comes out (around September) will be better than SWTOR. However, there will be no walking about for the first year or so.
    Elite sounds great,  but is a different style of playing, both space games, but I think SWTOR has more planet interaction questline and Elite is more spaced base questline