Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new to PvP in mmos

SickSoulSickSoul Member Posts: 8
Hi, i'm looking for a good MMORPG with pvp that isn't too complicated, as i've been mostly a PVE player but find i need something to do once i've completed a character in PVE. You know, to put all the loot/skills and what not i've earned to the test and not have to let it just sit there until new content comes out and i like having to work for what i want. As in a game that has just the right amount of time to reach the level cap and attain gear and what not. I like GW2 but i really don't like the PVP, it gets repetitive for me and i feel like getting the right build (for me) is a little to complicated and involves a little to much, with runes, weapons, traits, skills, i like the open endedness of it i just suck horribly at it haha, it's balanced and all but i feel like there really is no need for a level cap in that game ya know? and i like leveling i just don't like it taking a god awful long time to do but it SHOULD be there IMO. so any suggestions? no complicated systems, something i can just hop into and enjoy and have a progression and what not, I absolutely loved WAR:Age of Reckoning but unfortunately it is no more :(. if at all possible maybe one with a decent cosmetic system (i suck at making outfits but i like to try haha it's not a must just something fun i enjoy to do) I play Lotro a little to and it used to be my main game but it is severely lacking in the pvp department and it's not hard to get your traits up it just takes a long long long time unless you want to pay for them with turbine points (which i hate) f2p, p2p doesn't matter to me. thanks

Comments

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

ok

Lets start with breathe...

re-read what you wrote, and put spaces / sentences in then maybe someone will read and respond, your post looks awful

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• SickSoulSickSoul Member Posts: 8
    Sorry, it's pretty self explanatory (if you know how to read). I wasn't aware of this being a forum for correcting English. I also see multiple sentences... and spaces between every word...
  • SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I think what he's getting at is that it's just proper forum etiquette to use paragraphs and make your posts somewhat readable.  I hate to be one of those guys who derail threads by pointing out errors, but I can barely make heads or tails of half of what you're saying.  You stop and go abruptly and have punctuation in the weirdest places.  Anything that takes 5 minutes to decipher is just going to get overlooked.  

Sorry man, nothing personal.  Just saying you'll get a better discussion if you put some effort into making it readable.  Separate your points, what you're looking for in a game, and what you're not looking for.  You gotta keep in mind this is a question that gets asked all the time, and so far you're just some guy who seems to have barely taken part here, coming just to post this, and who appears to have put very little effort into asking the question.  Gotta see it from the perspective of people who post here all the time.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    most games have separate gear for pve and pvp but perhaps you could try out swtor.. it's got a bolster system that lets you be on par with all the other players while leveling and to some degree at level cap. and min maxing is'nt that hard.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

What I want: MMORPG with PVP that isn't complicated, doesn't take forever to level, I like level and gear progression just as long as it doesn't take a god awful amount of time or can just be purchased via a cash shop as i admit i'm not a skillful player at this point in time and just want something i can jump into and enjoy, something simple. I tried GW2 but found the PvP lacking, repetitive and feel like i didn't have to work to get there. how could i possibly elaborate on that or make it anymore clear? 

So is everyone who doesn't know how to type or use proper punctuation going to be browbeat and ignored? because i'm pretty sure i just typed the same thing again, i'm glad this forum is full of Elitists and English Doctorates who can't take the time to answer a simple question and understand coherent words whether they lack punctuation or not. I'm also glad to have found that out. Pardon me 2 Elitists and English Doctorates as there are more people on here than that, i apologize.

Thank you to the guy who responded and understood (if he can understand it i don't get why others can't) see above. though i appreciate it, I love SWTOR but i'm more into fantasy, which is my fault i should have stated that, maybe i'll give it another try. thanks again :).

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I dunno what to say. If GW2 requires too much thought and takes too long (which you can pvp right away and get up-leveled and equal gear to everyone else . . . so I am confus) then I don't think MMO PvP is for you.

Maybe LoL is more what you're looking for? Just jump in, you can learn as you play.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by SickSoul

What I want: MMORPG with PVP that isn't complicated, doesn't take forever to level, I like level and gear progression just as long as it doesn't take a god awful amount of time or can just be purchased via a cash shop as i admit i'm not a skillful player at this point in time and just want something i can jump into and enjoy, something simple. I tried GW2 but found the PvP lacking, repetitive and feel like i didn't have to work to get there. how could i possibly elaborate on that or make it anymore clear? 

So is everyone who doesn't know how to type or use proper punctuation going to be browbeat and ignored? because i'm pretty sure i just typed the same thing again, i'm glad this forum is full of Elitists and English Doctorates who can't take the time to answer a simple question and understand coherent words whether they lack punctuation or not. I'm also glad to have found that out. Pardon me 2 Elitists and English Doctorates as there are more people on here than that, i apologize.

Thank you to the guy who responded and understood (if he can understand it i don't get why others can't) see above. though i appreciate it, I love SWTOR but i'm more into fantasy, which is my fault i should have stated that, maybe i'll give it another try. thanks again :).

swtor is fantasy in space really so yeah that might be good for you.. other than that i'm not sure maybe rift or wow(they're all very similar)

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

I would suggest to get in any mmorpg of your choice and just start pvp at the lowest level the game allow you to.

It is not at higher level you learn but at the lowest level. At end game people judge you on your pvp. At low level it does not matter, your learning .

And don't feel bad to die 10 time in the same bg. Lot's of time if your class is op in certain brackets you will be targetted by the opposite faction, this is normal they know if they leave you alone what will happen. Just keep at it till yhou learn what you and other can do in there. And if you do that then at end game you should be rdy to at least hold your own.

Edit : Don't get into GW2 pvp right away if you don't even know what to expect from pvp in mmorpg. Lot's of players in GW2 where playing GW1 or WoW before getting into that game or other pvp base mmorpg. I would suggest to get into WoW pvp first to learn what pvp or in Wildstar or any other mmorpg that lets you pvp at low level with minimal spells or skills on the bar.

Reason for this is you need to learn the other class but your own also. In pvp it is different then in pve, there is no rotation per say. It is more something like this skill counter this skill kind of thing. So your react base on the other character animation or spells. But in dungeons or raid you react to what the boss or mobs can do and you know it in advance but in pvp it is something that is done on the spot by who ever plays the character. There is also some kind of rotation when it comes to a specific class. But that is another story :) 

Edit 2 : Even ESO could help you out in the case of learning pvp because it starts at low level the pvp in that game.

Thank you guys, it's not that GW2 is hard at all it's just I don't know i'm just starting out with PvP and it seems like there are a lot of tweaks you can do to your character and i didn't really like the modes, it was just all about capturing point a point b and what not and you're right SWTOR is fantasy just in space haha, i never looked at it like that :P, i think i'm gonna give it a go again, the only thing i hated about RIFT was the expansion because it just took so long to reach the level cap (for me at least) but that was a while ago and they may have fixed it i don't know, i may just have to give ESO a try as well, I like WoW a lot i've just grown accustomed to armor that looks like it can actually be worn haha, not to say i don't love the over the top wacky armor that it has to offer because i do haha, it's just not for me at the moment. Thank you all again. the advice is much appreciated.