Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The flow of the veteran Zones

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The flow of the veteran Zones somehow feels much better then the normal zones..... withouth main story, mages and fighters guild quests... the flow is great..  Its fun to explore... and follow the main stories...

(I am not talking about the combat, tough it seems to have become much easier in veteran zones)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    Craglorn looks very cool and it seems like it is the only decent zone in ESO, it's too bad all of my guildmates cancelled their sub. I'll resub maybe to see how it's really like
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Only decent zone?  Mmmkay!
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172

Unlike the first responder to this thread, I am in 5 guilds where the vast majority of people who started at launch are still playing and enjoying this game.   

To respond to the OP,  yeah I'm enjoying the flow of the veteran zones so far.  I've been doing some questing and I don't feel stuck in one area too long.  I'm also enjoying popping into Craglorn and Cyrodiil for variety.     

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    I m not in 5 guilds but in a multi gaming community. From the 70-80 members who were playing ESO at start, there are maybe less than 10 remaining. I dont know how is the situation in other guilds/communities, i m speaking for mine only.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I think there is a bit of a lull in V1-3.

It seems like you're forced to quest, but once you get into Vet dungeons, and you are higher level Vet you can compete in Cyrodill and it is really fun. Craglorn is basically completely open to you at Vet 9.

So yeah, it is pretty good. Definitely not as grindy as others made it seem.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by JDis25

It seems like you're forced to quest, but once you get into Vet dungeons, and you are higher level Vet you can compete in Cyrodill and it is really fun. Craglorn is basically completely open to you at Vet 9.

Forced to Quest

Really?

Wake up call.... this game is all about Questing... if you dont like questing, get the hell out of it...

Originally posted by kikosforever
    I m not in 5 guilds but in a multi gaming community. From the 70-80 members who were playing ESO at start, there are maybe less than 10 remaining. I dont know how is the situation in other guilds/communities, i m speaking for mine only.

In general those guilds consist out of hardcore players, they in general dont have the attitude to stick to casuall game very long, current day MMo´s are facilitated to comfort the masses which are the casual gamers.. ESo is a prime example of that..

By rule of thumb, in general probably 1 on 3 sticks to a game after the first month... so it has been with every game attracting experienced MMO players... Only the first MMO in general keeps people attention for ages..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Was in 4 guilds and most of them were big guilds.
    At prime time you see 5 to 20 people online compared to 100/150 post launch.
    It seems that many fans are disapointed and vote with their wallet.
    Good call i say as ESO should have been much more then a 90% solo quest grinder...
    This mmo deserved a much better studio to work on this IP.

Lucky Arceage is around the corner so those who left disapointed have something else to play SOON, instead of waiting another year for a good mmo :) !
    But again it seems that a studio takes a monster IP and fails horrible on many features and game designs :(
    I cannot believe why this is happening to so many mmo's past decade :(

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Forced to Quest

Really?

Wake up call.... this game is all about Questing... if you dont like questing, get the hell out of it...

Didn't go in.  I'm still waiting to see what they do with content additions since it's sub.  Questing isn't a problem but is it "pathed", taking you to one spot after another or are the quests just out there to find?

Also, not great form to ask what people think and then chide them for their response.  JDis25's opinion was very balanced.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Aelious

Forced to Quest

Really?

Didn't go in.  I'm still waiting to see what they do with content additions since it's sub.  Questing isn't a problem but is it "pathed", taking you to one spot after another or are the quests just out there to find?

Also, not great form to ask what people think and then chide them for their response.  JDis25's opinion was very balanced.

The main zone questline is linear..... but for all the other quests, poi´s and many single player dungeons, you just need to travel trough the zone to find them... following roads however is enough most of the time....   

in general every Area you enter has a Quest, that most of the time seems to find you instead of the other way around... kind of refreshing if you ask me

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Questing is one of the games strong points, best lore quests since Lotro. They have sacrificed grouping for being able to tell a story though. This phasing which you know all MMOs are now going to have, is yet another nail in the coffin for grouping. You can still group a lot of course but MMOs down the line are going to do more phasing for story purposes not less.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

The main zone questline is linear..... but for all the other quests, poi´s and many single player dungeons, you just need to travel trough the zone to find them... following roads however is enough most of the time....   

in general every Area you enter has a Quest, that most of the time seems to find you instead of the other way around... kind of refreshing if you ask me

This is good to hear and would have me interested.  I know I'll pick it up at some point but now I have too many other things going to get my monies worth.  Thanks for the info!

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by kikosforever

Well that makes sense.  You're in a guild with people who play a variety of games within the guild, not just one.  It's not a ESO guild.  So that may be a big reason why people left.  Perhaps, collectively, they decided another game was a better fit.  A multi-gaming community can be very fickle.  So when a few people leave, a few more follow them, and then so on and so forth.  It's like the WoW factor.  People don't play WoW because it's good anymore.  They play it because their friends are still playing it and they've made such a large investment already.