Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar - Will you purchase it or not and why? (Poll)

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I won't be buying because I don't like twitchy combat in my RPG's and I'm not a fan of the stylized cartoon graphics.

• CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I've read a few posts on this thread about people waiting for the game to go F2P, well after you buy the game you can play without a sub. The devs put an item call the Creed or whatever. it cost $15 and you can sell it on the material exchange for gold. So if you got the gold you could buy this item in game and never shovel out $15 if it mattered that much to you. Nice thing about this also is that it should eliminate gold sellers.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    played in the betas had fun. i feel its worth at least the inital purchase.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I really hope you can participate in the raids by getting top notch PvP gear.

Everything they have shown seem to point in that you can compensate min maxing in gear by playing better (skill).

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Going to pass on this one. Didn't care for the graphics or the combat so it doesn't matter what else might be great or different with this game. I wish them all the best of success though.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Yes i will buy this game. I liked what i saw on  my laptop. THough i will be playing it on the PS4 when it ccmes out. Along with ESO.

Edgar F Greenwood

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Didn't like the combat so nope, not gonna buy it.

Would not play it if it were FTP either, just do not like this new type combat.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Game just did not grab me.  I do not mind cartoon graphics, but it just seemed a little over the top.  Was not all that interested in the sounds or setting.  Just did not grab me.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I played a few days in beta and it felt like every other MMO.  I am ok with the graphics and I really liked the humor in the game but it is just too much of the same old, same old.  It gave me the "been there done that" feeling and I don't see a reason to drop $60 plus a sub fee on it.  When the price goes down to $29 then maybe, depends if I get bored of the other games I have but at launch, it is not for me.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

No I will not be playing for the following reasons:

I find the combat terrible, makes me feel like I'm playing smite and its just not enjoyable to me in a PVE setting.  

Not a fan of the limited skill set system, very easy to manage 9 skills and as a result dps rotations (for warrior atleast) lack a lot of complexity. 

The lore and atmosphere are way too much of a joke to take the game seriously and become immersed.

Not a fan of the 40 man raid size, been there done that.

Not a fan of the really god awful optimization, though I could tolerate it if not for the above. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

Played it and had a lot of fun, no I don't like the art style of cartoons at all. But man this game is fun to play and has some complexity at end game.

It has a huge fun factor to it and that's why I play not after the ego boosting goober leet crowed at all :)

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

I haven't decided yet even though I've been monitoring Wildstar's progress for awhile & am enthusiastic for it.

Too many games in the past have promised & not delivered for me to blindly trust throwing money at it until it's verified.

I like Wildstar's approach to many aspects, but nowadays I'm more wait-and-see then contribute to it.

Kudos to the players that still toss money at games during alphas, betas, crowd-funding, etcetera.  And kudos to the developers that attempt to create a new approach to games from time to time for us players.

Here's to Wildstar, I hope it succeeds!  I already enjoy their cinematic cutscenes.

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    I'll pass on this for now. Maybe I'll check it out when it goes F2P if I'm bored waiting for something else. I played a couple closed beta weekends and it's not that the game is bad or anything it is just so out dated. If this came out in 2005, sure it would have been ok, but in 2014 I'm so bored of theme park MMO's and this saturday morning cartoon art style. The humor of the game is good and it does fit the art style but I just can't get into it. The idea of going back to 40 man raiding for content is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Yeah don't stand on the red stuff....we get it. 
  • NixlNixl Member Posts: 67

I won't purchase Wildstar. 

My reason is that I played the beta, and I did not like the game.  It is not a bad game, however, I became bored rather quickly.  Once that happened, it felt like I was forcing myself to play to an extent. 

I played past the beginning zone for both Exile and Dominion and then stopped.  The beginning zones just felt lacking to me.  I did not get any excitement from them.  While I know beginning zones and levels differ drastically compared to the end game, I have neither the time nor the patience to force myself to go that far.  I have played WoW, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Aion, Rift, and TOR, and I have never been turned off to a game so quickly.

The game's story and setting also felt flat to me.  In this regard, I do not have well articulated reason.  Essentially, I thought a Space-ish MMO would be refreshing, but it felt thrown together. 

I wish they provided more abilities in the beginning levels.  I think that would have alleviated some of my complaints about the earlier levels. 

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Nope. Tried two beta weekends but it didn't interest me. 

Glad to see it'll be home for many out there, it felt very polished with very fluid character animations, but it just wasn't for me.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Not at the moment as the questing is just horrible and I've got enough things filling my free time... but I'll still keep an eye on it and see where it goes post launch.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    If I was 15 and I hadn't yet played WOW I would purchase it.

There Is Always Hope!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Already pre-ordered but I really dread playing it.  Not once in my 3 beta test sessions did I feel the game was good enough for me, let alone a sub.  But I promised some online friends I've been gaming with for over 6 years I'd come game with them.  I talked them into playing Rift, SWTOR and GW2 so I sort of owe them a game I'd join them in.  Especially more that I turned down their request to join them in FFXIV.  Hopefully if it's anything like that foray then our time in Wildstar will last less then 3 months.

I'm holding out hope they join me in ArcheAge when it releases.  

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Mr_SneakymanMr_Sneakyman Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Waiting to see the reviews of the finished game.  WS is a definite maybe.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Kinado
    Originally posted by Phry

No, i already play more than enough MMO's (FFXIV;ARR, SW;TOR, Eve Online) if i had any inclination to play Wildstar i'd probably just reactivate my old WoW account image

It does look like a reasonably good game though, and i suspect it will probably do well, its just not for me.image

You see, many MMO players like to have one single MMO that they can commit to. Having a bunch of characters in a bunch of different MMO's is pretty much like a jack of all trades, master of none.

MMO's are about longevity in a persistent world where you create a character and build on it, creating your own impact in that world.

Playing a bunch of MMO's in my opinion is just pointless, a time filler with no real goal behind it.

Well, i've been playing Eve Online since february 2004, so i am not sure how that somehow doesn't equate to me being a long term player, as for FF XIV;ARR, i started playing it when it was FF XIV, and soon dropped it admittedly, it was pretty terrible, but i've been there since the relaunch and not regretted a minute of it, i just play whatever i want, when i feel like it, and i can afford to do so. As for the other, i am long past the stage where i feel i have to be the best of the best, i play for fun, not as a second job/life replacement. image

I also have a wife, a dog, and a vegetable allotment that persists in needing weeding on a daily basis, the wife drives me bonkers, my dog plainly is bonkers..  so i play MMO's image

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147
     Played beta and couldn't even make it out of the dreadful starting area.  The quests were so dull. I could have fallen asleep. Gave up after 20 minutes. Reminded me of SWTOR . Uninspiring theme park garbage

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I would think about it, if there was no sub. I don't care much for the lore/art style. Seems like it will attract kiddies and reminds me of some wacky cartoon network show. IDK, not my thing.

I think many times people forget about the artistic style of games. For instance Guild Wars 2, Rift, ESO had amazing art, whether they are fun for you to play is another matter, but immersion and style is really important to me. ESO nailed immersion IMO, so much detail everywhere you look. Almost as much as Skyrim, and other ES titles though watered down a bit for MMO purposes.

I like voice acting, It makes me feel like I am playing a game that took some effort and I like that. 

Wildstar is very fun to play though, i Just wish that wasn't its only attraction to me, I need more than that. However it is also more of the same. I would just play Rift or WoW as I enjoy the story and world better than WS.  If WS catches on though and is widely played, that would be another appeal that I think is why WoW appears to be "better" than other MMOs is because there are more players invested in that game.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • pyrox37pyrox37 Member Posts: 2

Wont buy. NCSoft will just shut it down in less then a decade even if its still making money.

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    I will not purchase because I am not interested in 40-man raids and gear grind, and not interested to play theme parks. And with NCSoft involved, the fate of this game has been sealed.
  • ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

I wont purchase it.

Yet another MMO. I could not resist with TESO - wont do it again.

Waiting for a decent sandbox.