Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont know about you but I am having fun

mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Despite all the negativity out there that kept me away from this game until now, I decided to give this game a try and I am having a blast, no rushing into things, trying to achieve all the achievements in each area I have made it to level 26 in one character and 15 in other with 2 more characters at level 4, trying all the possible combinations. 

I have liked what I have seen so far, the starship fights (I REALLY SUKK at that), to the dungeons I am having fun.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Then you are doing it correctly, playing a MMO that you enjoy is always the way to go, have fun.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Oh dear wish you did not feel the need to post this. The hate brigade would have been alerted and are on their way right now to disenchant you.

I love this game .To me the voice acting and class stories are one of the best things about the game and I enjoy doing the heroic 4 and FPs with others. Do enjoy yourself and don't give anyone else a toss when they tell you that the game is not worth your time.

Chamber of Chains
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    TOR will always have a special place in my heart.

Those class stories were awesome. Jedi Knight story is like the ultimate nerdgasm.
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by mayito7777

Despite all the negativity out there that kept me away from this game until now, I decided to give this game a try and I am having a blast, no rushing into things, trying to achieve all the achievements in each area I have made it to level 26 in one character and 15 in other with 2 more characters at level 4, trying all the possible combinations. 

I have liked what I have seen so far, the starship fights (I REALLY SUKK at that), to the dungeons I am having fun.

I agree. I think it has something for everyone.  Great stories for solo content. Dungeons for group content. PvP.  I love how companions were designed. It is my "go to" when I want to subscribe to a game. Easily worth $15 a month.  

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

omg! you are having fun in an online game?!

what about the people you play with! seriously, if fun is the only reason to play games......

you are doing it right ^^ hf

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Enjoyed my consular immensely but for me the best part of the game ended after I finished the main story.
  • EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

Glad you are enjoying it.  I played a lot but am not subscribed now.  The main reason I left is that I enjoy games that are more open-world.  What SWTOR provides is a very directed experience, but they do it very well.  And some things they do made them pioneers, such as the extensive use of voice for NPC.

But you are on the right track.  Try not to take the negativity in these forums too seriously.  Most of it is coming from players whose idea of fun is racing to cap in three days and then complaining they are bored.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by cheyane

Oh dear wish you did not feel the need to post this. The hate brigade would have been alerted and are on their way right now to disenchant you.

Behold the Hate Brigade! :)  just kidding, never had issues with the game itself, just with EA and their model.

Ok, and on rare occasions with the engine, its clunkyness can make a real pain in the butt to reach some datacrons... which reminds me, agree with you on the "trying to achieve all the achievements in each area" part, expanding the legacy system with the achievements was a great move to any completionists out there, myself included. And in autumn there will be housing too, an another great move.

As for the thread title, I agree with Kyleran. "I dont know about you but I am having fun" <- that's the only way you (or anyone else) should play any games. If you're having fun, then you're doing it right. And if you're having fun, that's all what really matters.

(after I subbed back for the Palace I started a new trooper, and I'm laughing my head off while mocking and embarassing Jorgan during the conversations :) great fun. My previous trooper was the typical "sir! yes! sir!" good guy material, so I really enjoy the self-centered, ego-boosted approach this time...)

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I have a friend that's gone back to it and keeps telling me how great it is...it's making it very hard to stay away. OP.....you're not helping either!
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

If I want to play single player games for stories I would play SWTOR and quit once the content is consumed. Sadly, I already know how these generic stories work out cuz I've been through them too many times, especially designed for a mass market. This is not the type of future I would envision for MMORPG's, thus I won't give a cent to it as I have for every developed MMORPG in the last 5 years.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game OP and at the end it's indeed better than nothing, but I believe voting with my wallet is the only way I can get what I want from MMORPG's which is a true, breathing, immersive worlds where I the player can make my own story as well as everyone else, thus creating player driven content that will always keep me engaged in the game, not just temporary.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I went back recently too, and am surprised by how much I am enjoying it. Not thinking too much about it, just find myself logging in almost every day.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

There are only two games that kept my interest after I decided to quit EQ2 in 2011. SWTOR and TSW. Both have exceptional and unique quests and alternating between them keeps my game experience fresh and entertaining.

Glad you enjoy the game OP.

P.S. I also suck at GSF /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I came back after it went ftp and I still enjoy the game also. Signed up for a sub package and looking for the next update and finishing my last character story with the smuggler. Nice to have this game I play along with a few others as it's updated at a good pace. Glad you enjoy the game as well.
  • frosty73frosty73 Member UncommonPosts: 41

i went back to swtor last week and i am having heaps of fun playing the warzones.

i like the warzones in swtor better than the battle grounds in wow and the warfronts in rift.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    I am having fun with all the story line and also finding out all the little things in the different areas, killing all the bosses and finding the datacrons. I think the game is fun but again I am playing it at a slower pace, I dont have  any rush to get to the top cap level.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

How DARE you like a game that I don't play!!

j/k. I'm glad that you enjoy it! play the hell out of it!

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    I think the game is fun but again I am playing it at a slower pace, I dont have  any rush to get to the top cap level.

IMO the best way to play any game.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Then you are doing it correctly, playing a MMO that you enjoy is always the way to go, have fun.

Blasphemy!

*ahem - I agree actually*

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

It was the funnest leveling experience I ever had in an MMO.  I just didn't want to sub.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

I just recently returned.

Leveled a Sorc to 50 and Maruader to 40 during the 5 day headstart and got burnt out. Did play a bunch of other alts to 25-30ish during the first 30 days of sub but couldn't continue.

I restarted and actually rerolled a Sage on the 10th and have him at 55 doing OPs with an awesome guild. Just about to start an ALT this weekend. Prolly gonna go with a Knight cause I hear the story is awesome.

I have to say a guild of great people is what does it for me and what I was really missing at release,great people to talk to and run dailies/FP's/OP's with which really enhances the experience.

Have fun.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

There are only two games that kept my interest after I decided to quit EQ2 in 2011. SWTOR and TSW. 

+100

SWTOR and TSW, my always installed bread and butter MMOs

also Age of Conan, another gem which is a million times better now than at launch.

But with less marketing than SWTOR always getting less attention

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Personally, I found it one of the most disappointing, cynical and shallow mmos I have ever played. It is a very limited, very directed themepark game which, when it was launched, had an unfinished end-game. It wasn't helped by a dishonest marketing campaign which was lead by developers and spokespeople who were open in their contempt for player wishes. No character choice made any difference to the story, no decision changed where you were supposed to go next or who you were supposed to fight next. There was very little to do except follow the story laid out for you and, unlike many other people, I found the writing of those stories to be of no higher quality than bad fanfiction and the acting to be repetitive and strained. There was a pleasure, long delayed, that came after launch when EA realised that the game was a grotesque commercial failure and then developers responsible were fired one by one, especially  Daniel Erickson. I wonder where he is now? However, I digress. If you are enjoying the game, I'm pleased for you. Tell us more of what you enjoy as you proceed through the game.
  • ScoobyDoo1969ScoobyDoo1969 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by noncley

developers responsible were fired one by one, especially  Daniel Erickson. I wonder where he is now?

I know it's you Daniel. Don't be upset !
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Personally, I found it one of the most disappointing, cynical and shallow mmos I have ever played. It is a very limited, very directed themepark game which, when it was launched, had an unfinished end-game. It wasn't helped by a dishonest marketing campaign which was lead by developers and spokespeople who were open in their contempt for player wishes. No character choice made any difference to the story, no decision changed where you were supposed to go next or who you were supposed to fight next. There was very little to do except follow the story laid out for you and, unlike many other people, I found the writing of those stories to be of no higher quality than bad fanfiction and the acting to be repetitive and strained. There was a pleasure, long delayed, that came after launch when EA realised that the game was a grotesque commercial failure and then developers responsible were fired one by one, especially  Daniel Erickson. I wonder where he is now? However, I digress. If you are enjoying the game, I'm pleased for you. Tell us more of what you enjoy as you proceed through the game.

Actually, I dont think you are glad they are enjoying themselves.    You delighted in people losing their jobs because you didn't like a game, and are still ranting about it several years later.  Your last sentence is obviously fishing for future negativity about the game.

SWToR is probably the #2 most profitable MMORPG in the west.  Tons of people like it, and its not that much different than it was at launch.  Time to get over your bitterness and move on.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by syriinx

Actually, I dont think you are glad they are enjoying themselves.    You delighted in people losing their jobs because you didn't like a game, and are still ranting about it several years later.  Your last sentence is obviously fishing for future negativity about the game.

SWToR is probably the #2 most profitable MMORPG in the west.  Tons of people like it, and its not that much different than it was at launch.  Time to get over your bitterness and move on.

I dunno, I think it has improved a lot since launch.