Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdoms of Alamur Reckoning

HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
I just picked this up for alittle over 20 bucks. It included all the dlc packs and addons that came out with the game. I never got into it because i was to busy with Skyrim. This game is really pretty good because i can't stop playing it. Open wolrd rpg, tons of quest and factions to join. Housing all over the place. Cool class system where you can mix and match to come up with something unique.  Crafting system is cool too. Game world looks awesome and exploring is rewarded. And the game has Chakrams ,can't get any cooler than that. Not bad for the money.  If you like lore this games is some of the best i've seem. The writer was R.A. Salvatore.  Its to bad the company folded. The game could have been a new series like Elderscrolls. With all the content the map is huge. And talk about housing. This game does something mmo's should have done long ago. One of the homes is a castle that you have cleared of mobs and rebuild. You have a contractor who sends you out for mats. And he finds npc's to help run it. You get one guy you can send out to loot sunken ships and you have a throne room where you sit and npc come to ask you to help them with problems. Not to bad at all. Very fun singleplayer rpg.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I bought the game also and, sorry to tell you, I spent around 13 for game and all DLC.  Regardless, I have it sitting in my Steam Library or is it Amazon, don't even remember at this point, and was reluctant to play because I thought it required some third part DRM .  Was it this game?   Or maybe it was Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft.  I have been wanting to try this however. 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I bought the game also and, sorry to tell you, I spent around 13 for game and all DLC.  Regardless, I have it sitting in my Steam Library or is it Amazon, don't even remember at this point, and was reluctant to play because I thought it required some third part DRM .  Was it this game?   Or maybe it was Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft.  I have been wanting to try this however. 

WOW 13  bucks, thats even better then. Its alot of content for 13 bucks. Congrats on the find.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It requires an origin login.

The game is good until you start to get into the upper end of the skills. They are super OP and make just about every combat trivial. At least the mage ones do. If you want to keep the game a challenge stick with weapon skills.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I thought it was a decent game, the lore was rich and the story fairly engaging - and I was looking forward to Copernicus. I thought it could be the next Everquest. Sad story...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I was going to get it until you said Origin login.
    Chamber of Chains
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by DamonVile

It requires an origin login.

The game is good until you start to get into the upper end of the skills. They are super OP and make just about every combat trivial. At least the mage ones do. If you want to keep the game a challenge stick with weapon skills.

Just like with Skyrim,if you go overboard with the crafting of your own gear then yeah you will be 1 hit killing everything. You can up the difficulty and use loot drops for gear if you what it super challenging. But Its all about how you want to play. I'm lvl 40 and get into some bad fights still. Mage/rogue class.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I was going to get it until you said Origin login.

Hehe, that killed it for me also.  The OP spent 20 dollars and is having fun. True, I spent 13 dollars but will not use Origin, so he really got the better deal.  Oh well. 

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    I enjoyed this for awhile then it became too repetitive. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    You can also buy it on Steam for about £20, but honestly, if you are thinking of buying, wait for it to go on offer again, as it will probably be reduced by 75%. Its not really a game where you lose anything by waiting image
  • HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184

I easily sunk 340 hours into the game. Loved the dialogue, the voice acting, the combat, the art style. The UI was pretty crappy and that's a shame.

The level design (and loot distribution/attribution) could have been better.

Such a shame a simple Hide UI option wasn't available.