Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About that Makeb-sized expansion coming after Galactic Strongholds

2»

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Can you two please stop filling this page with quotes. Every other thing has been drowned while you two bicker like two year olds.

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272

@Doophace (to clear up this page a bit)

so let me get this right...you cleared SnV with the gear you had prior to Makebs release on day one?  You cleared this ops and also did not know the ops was even released at Makeb?  Yep your story is complete BS that's for sure.  Well my work day is done my holiday weekend is starting and you have shown everyone how clueless and full of crap you are.  

Have a good one and nice try!

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by coorsguys

@Doophace (to clear up this page a bit)

so let me get this right...you cleared SnV with the gear you had prior to Makebs release on day one?  You cleared this ops and also did not know the ops was even released at Makeb?  Yep your story is complete BS that's for sure.  Well my work day is done my holiday weekend is starting and you have shown everyone how clueless and full of crap you are.  

Have a good one and nice try!

I didnt say I cleared it day one...I said I cleared it on SM using mostly level 50 gear in an hour with a pug at launch.....I didnt farm it for gear until nightmare mode was released...surely you can understand the difference between SM group finder and NM progression, right?........keep grasping at straws mr "gear in old zones = new content", your real life dodge rating must be spectacular ;-)

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Cleared out some of the nested quotes and made a few edits to remove some of the baiting language. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

I didnt say I cleared it day one...I said I cleared it on SM using mostly level 50 gear in an hour with a pug at launch.....I didnt farm it for gear until nightmare mode was released...surely you can understand the difference between SM group finder and NM progression, right?........keep grasping at straws mr "gear in old zones = new content", your real life dodge rating must be spectacular ;-)

i'm going to go ahead and call this one bs. pugs still struggle to do older ops and you claim you did a newly released one with a pug?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I like how you say "Makeb size" since EA kept calling Makeb a big update. I soloed it casually and it took me about 10-15 hours I think.

A little more for my money this time around wouldn't be a bad thing.

You may have got to level 55 in 10-15 hrs but you didn't run every quest, fp, ops, ect ect that makeb offered in 10-15 hrs.  

Don't get me wrong, I am still subbed to SWTOR and quite enjoy it, but makeb did not add any FPs or OPs, let alone "etc etc". It was quests, with 2 story arks only.

but Dude, there was a lot more, I know because I got ROTHC recently free with adding gametime, it was the whole planet content, plus Macrobinocular missions all over the galaxy with the GSI terminals and a long multiple planet spanning quest, also the seeker droid mission terminals and one long planet spanning quest. And loads of daily areas in Makeb, plus optional reputation grind. And the major addition of a much need achievement system.

All in all it was a nice expansion, next one could be bigger though but don't forget last time they had the F2P conversion in between and that took much dev time for sure .

I don't worry too much I always switch between SWTOR, Conan and Secret World

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    [mod edit]

.....if your bar for acceptable (and defendable) new expansion content is new gear inside of a minimal number of already existing dungeons and raids, with only 5 new easy/normal mode raid bosses, shouldn't we aim higher?

See I think this is where you have things a little confused.  There is a reason I've never used the word expansion when referring to makeb, I use update I don't or didn't see it as a true mmo expansion.  For an update it had a ton of content for an expansion if you want to call it that it had a fair amount of content, but yes I hope for more the next time around but not expecting much more.  

This all started cause two posters said they did all the content in the makeb update in 10-15hrs I just said that was bs.  Then you called me desperate, made some misinformed comments and here we are three pages later finally getting to the point.  

A) You said they couldnt have completed the makeb quests, FPs, OPS, etc etc in 15 hours....I pointed out that makeb didnt add a single new FP or OPs...i missed SnV, but that could (and was) be cleared in 1 hour at launch....rememeber, nightmare mode SnV didnt come until months later.....so yes...its entirely possible he completed most of the leveling quests and the 5 new raid bosses in 15 hours.

With that said, I never specifically called you desperate...I said claiming the four lvl 55 FPs were "makeb content" seemed desperate.......on the other hand, arguing that the gear in them was new, therefore its new content, THAT is deperate...

And here I thought we were making progress lol. No he could not have ran all quest, stories, crafted , ran the fp to get high enough gear to run the SnV ,the hm fp alone would take hours as people complained they were too hard with the current gear at the time, do the micro binoculars quests, do seeker quest, run and complete SnV.

Sorry no all that could not be done in 15 hrs.  [mod edit]

Got to agree with you guys calling B.S on this claim. By level 55 you HAD to gear up as there was no way to finish the content without it.. First couple levels were a cakewalk but by 53 and 54 it got to the point that you had to upgrade.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by DocBrody

but Dude, there was a lot more, I know because I got ROTHC recently free with adding gametime, it was the whole planet content, plus Macrobinocular missions all over the galaxy with the GSI terminals and a long multiple planet spanning quest, also the seeker droid mission terminals and one long planet spanning quest. And loads of daily areas in Makeb, plus optional reputation grind.

All in all it was a nice expansion, next one could be bigger though but don't forget last time they had the F2P conversion in between and that took much dev time for sure .

Please tell me you don't seriously consider that content.

Harbinger of Fools
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by DocBrody

but Dude, there was a lot more, I know because I got ROTHC recently free with adding gametime, it was the whole planet content, plus Macrobinocular missions all over the galaxy with the GSI terminals and a long multiple planet spanning quest, also the seeker droid mission terminals and one long planet spanning quest. And loads of daily areas in Makeb, plus optional reputation grind.

Please tell me you don't seriously consider that content.

I do dailies for earning credits sometimes, so... yes

In fact every planet map should have a max level daily zone somewhere.

I hate OPS and find them useless so I do other things. I wish they would stop spending time on OPS

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I like how you say "Makeb size" since EA kept calling Makeb a big update. I soloed it casually and it took me about 10-15 hours I think.

Well, for us altholics :-) this is not problem, have all possible combinations of class and faction. But Makeb is not enough, missed a lot class story line. I hope they add this in expansion.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by daltanious

Well, for us altholics :-) this is not problem, have all possible combinations of class and faction. But Makeb is not enough, missed a lot class story line. I hope they add this in expansion.

I admit I missed that since my highest imp char is level 41.

And in all fairness I paid 10€ for Makeb back then since I got the subscription discount and 10€ seems fair and the main story was ok-ish.

My whole point was the term of "Makeb size" addon. I would prefer to pay a little more and also get a little more in return.

Harbinger of Fools
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide

i'm going to go ahead and call this one bs. pugs still struggle to do older ops and you claim you did a newly released one with a pug?

Nobody, and I mean nobody, struggles to do story mode of any OP in SWTOR....maybe its just my server (PoT5), but to claim people struggle with SM SnV, which was easily clearable with lvl 50 gear, shows you either misunderstood what "SM" stood for, or you really dont play the game....the sole reason I forgot about SnV pre nightmare release, is because SM is so insignificant, that I completely forgot it was there....

EDIT: If you still arn't convinced, roll a new toon on PoT5, add me (ill inbox u my toon name), and let u inspect my achievements to see the date on my SnV SM clear...

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    In makeb there is one Op that is TC, i DO NOT want to call it a proper Op as it is same as 1 world boss in an instance. there are several heroics quests and several +10 main stat datacron. 2.0 patch brought one completely new ops SnV. CZ fp were added later, oricon ops were added later. and recently we got kdy, korriban and tython fp. but if we are talking only about "makeb size" then yes makeb was/is pretty lame to be even called "expansion" and be charged 20$(was 10$ for sub, now free). it is not about linear questline or area design; it is the lack of content in a new planet. They could have added 1 or 2 fp from 52-54 range within makeb, the storyline had some holes in it that would have allowed EAWare to add some fp to fill the hole. what i see in makeb is a wasted opportunity.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide

Nobody, and I mean nobody, struggles to do story mode of any OP in SWTOR....maybe its just my server (PoT5), but to claim people struggle with SM SnV, which was easily clearable with lvl 50 gear, shows you either misunderstood what "SM" stood for, or you really dont play the game....the sole reason I forgot about SnV pre nightmare release, is because SM is so insignificant, that I completely forgot it was there....

EDIT: If you still arn't convinced, roll a new toon on PoT5, add me (ill inbox u my toon name), and let u inspect my achievements to see the date on my SnV SM clear...

ofcourse they do not all pugs are semi guild runs

I had fun once, it was terrible.