Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About that Makeb-sized expansion coming after Galactic Strongholds

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

what do we know about this Makeb size expansion and level cap raise which was outlined, will it be announced around June 9-12 during E3?

Does anyone know some facts or rumors?

You guys think it will still come in 2014 or be delayed to Q1 2015 due to the delayed GSH launch?

Comments

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

There is a discussion on SWTOR forum about it, but honestly I don't think we have any idea about yet. it's all guess work. 

I hope though that they will give us some information soon.

Link to SWTOR forum discussion

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=743004

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I like how you say "Makeb size" since EA kept calling Makeb a big update. I soloed it casually and it took me about 10-15 hours I think.

A little more for my money this time around wouldn't be a bad thing.

Harbinger of Fools
  • trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I've only played part of the Republic side of Makeb, but yeah, it doesn't seem that big.

Awful design, too. Like what, 8-9 areas connected by speeder/taxi. One main quest, one side quest, and one "daily" in each area, and to do the main quest you have to proceed through a small, cramped, and fairly linear corridor.

But realistically, it's May and haven't heard anything about it.  If it's due in 2014, they are cutting things mighty close.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

There is a discussion on SWTOR forum about it, but honestly I don't think we have any idea about yet. it's all guess work. 

I hope though that they will give us some information soon.

Link to SWTOR forum discussion

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=743004

I've read some of that.  I love the speculation.  Hopefully, it doesn't get pushed back into 2015.

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I like how you say "Makeb size" since EA kept calling Makeb a big update. I soloed it casually and it took me about 10-15 hours I think.

You may have got to level 55 in 10-15 hrs but you didn't run every quest, fp, ops, ect ect that makeb offered in 10-15 hrs.  

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by coorsguys

You may have got to level 55 in 10-15 hrs but you didn't run every quest, fp, ops, ect ect that makeb offered in 10-15 hrs.  

I did all the quests - I was 55 long before I finished the planet.

I may have gotten old but I do remember that "big addons" are >bigger< than this.

Harbinger of Fools

I may have gotten old but I do remember that "big addons" are >bigger< than this.

I understand you got to 55 in 10-15 hrs, I'm saying you did not do everything makeb had to offer in 10-15 hrs.  I am also not saying makeb was a huge great update, but I'm not going to sit and make things up in an effort to make it something it wasn't.  

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

I understand you got to 55 in 10-15 hrs, I'm saying you did not do everything makeb had to offer in 10-15 hrs.  I am also not saying makeb was a huge great update, but I'm not going to sit and make things up in an effort to make it something it wasn't.  

10 hours(5 for each faction) would definitely be a focused speed run with a planned route, but for people like me that don't care to play both sides, 15 hours at a relaxed pace and I was done with Makeb forever.

I don't think the level-cap raising expansion will be out  until 2015, probably around the same time RotHC launched originally. But you can bet on BioWare trying to keep you subscribed  in Oct/Nov with pre-order style perks like exclusive Stronghold furniture and more holo-trainer statues so that you pay while you wait! Subscribers will also have "early-access" testing privileges on the PTR to further encourage subs.

Originally posted by Impacthound

10 hours(5 for each faction) would definitely be a focused speed run with a planned route, but for people like me that don't care to play both sides, 15 hours at a relaxed pace and I was done with Makeb forever.

I don't think the level-cap raising expansion will be out  until 2015, probably around the same time RotHC launched originally. But you can bet on BioWare trying to keep you subscribed  in Oct/Nov with pre-order style perks like exclusive Stronghold furniture and more holo-trainer statues so that you pay while you wait! Subscribers will also have "early-access" testing privileges on the PTR to further encourage subs.

Sure play 15hrs get max level and do the story sure you may be done with makeb, but that is not all that the makeb update brought.  Again you and the other did not experience everything the makeb update brought in 15hrs.  I'm not talking about what you picked and chose to participate in I'm talking about everything that came with it.  I'm also not talking about running your 7th toon through it I'm talking about when it released.  I can get a max toon in WoW in less then a week does that mean WoW has a week worth of content? No it doesn't.  
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Don't get me wrong, I am still subbed to SWTOR and quite enjoy it, but makeb did not add any FPs or OPs, let alone "etc etc". It was quests, with 2 story arks only.

The "new" (IE, rehashed) FPs were only available once you hit level 55, and like I mentioned, they were just 4...read that again, FOUR, rehashed FPs from the vanilla game. The initial 55 OP, TFB, was also rehashed from LVL 50, absolutly nothing new FP or OP wise.

I agree that Makeb was pretty sizable, but claming it added FP and OP content in your attempt to defend it, only makes you look desprate.

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by doodphace

Don't get me wrong, I am still subbed to SWTOR and quite enjoy it, but makeb did not add any FPs or OPs, let alone "etc etc". It was quests, with 2 story arks only.

The "new" (IE, rehashed) FPs were only available once you hit level 55, and like I mentioned, they were just 4...read that again, FOUR, rehashed FPs from the vanilla game. The initial 55 OP, TFB, was also rehashed from LVL 50, absolutly nothing new FP or OP wise.

I agree that Makeb was pretty sizable, but claming it added FP and OP content in your attempt to defend it, only makes you look desprate.

where's the 'like' button?

Hmm you and imp may want to go back and read the patch notes.  You and Imp ever heard of Scum and villiany?  And for those rehashed fp they added a lot of difficulty at first until people got better gear.  So nice try but sorry you are the desperate one.  

Hmm you and imp may want to go back and read the patch notes.  You and Imp ever heard of Scum and villiany?  And for those rehashed fp they added a lot of difficulty at first until people got better gear.  So nice try but sorry you are the desperate one.  

How in the world does the 4 FPs being hard (they are hardmodes after all...) have antyhing to do with the fact that they were not new, and were only avaiable after you hit 55?

Nice try....

How in the world does the 4 FPs being hard (they are hardmodes after all...) have antyhing to do with the fact that they were not new, and were only avaiable after you hit 55?

Nice try....

First buddy I never said they added new FP but the 55 he were content added to makeb.  And I see you want to try and change the subject to your either flat out lie, attempt to mislead or you lack of knowledge of the game and not discuss you incorrect flat out wrong attempt at saying makeb didn't have an ops.  

Nice try...you are really getting desperate now.  

Surprise surprise you liking a comment that is flat out wrong, full of lies and misleading.  Shocker! 

Surprise surprise you liking a comment that is flat out wrong, full of lies and misleading.  Shocker! 

Says the guy who implied that makeb added "new FP content, etc etc"....then acuses ME of "changing the subject"....i guess somethings never change...

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by DocBrody

what do we know about this Makeb size expansion and level cap raise which was outlined, will it be announced around June 9-12 during E3?

Does anyone know some facts or rumors?

You guys think it will still come in 2014 or be delayed to Q1 2015 due to the delayed GSH launch?

i can only hope it comes this year.. i'm not sure how long slot machines and housing can keep people interested

I had fun once, it was terrible.

Says the guy who implied that makeb added "new FP content, etc etc"....then acuses ME of "changing the subject"....i guess somethings never change...

Says the guy who said Makeb did not have a new ops.  Please post where I said new fps.  Oh wait you can't cause I never did.  I said added fp as in hm fp that people still run today.  Man the desperation is just flowing from you, you are really squirming now that you have been called out for either lying, purposely posting misleading information or just not having a clue what you are talking about. 

Says the guy who said Makeb did not have a new ops.  Please post where I said new fps.  Oh wait you can't cause I never did.  I said added fp as in hm fp that people still run today.  Man the desperation is just flowing from you, you are really squirming now that you have been called out for either lying, purposely posting misleading information or just not having a clue what you are talking about. 

You said they added "FP content".....you said it would have taken the other poster more than 15 hours to run all of the "makeb added content, such as FPs, OPs, ETC ETC"......the FPs would have been completed by said poster while he was already leveling, they were not new to Makeb.....the only change to them, is they became hardmodes only AFTER you leveled through makeb and hit level 55......im also waiting for all of that "etc etc" content lol.....the only incorrect part of my entire post was leaving out SnV...everything else, every single thing, was true and not misleading...I incorrectly confised the SnV nightmare mode relase months later with its actual release...otherwise all FOUR (its laughable that there were only FOUR) FPs were already in the game, as was the other OPS, TFB.

I await your logic lacking biasly spun reply ;)

You said they added "FP content".....you said it would have taken the other poster more than 15 hours to run all of the "makeb added content, such as FPs, OPs, ETC ETC"......the FPs would have been completed by said poster while he was already leveling, they were not new to Makeb.....the only change to them, is they became hardmodes only AFTER you leveled through makeb and hit level 55......im also waiting for all of that "etc etc" content lol.....the only incorrect part of my entire post was leaving out SnV...everything else, every single thing, was true and not misleading...I incorrectly confised the SnV nightmare mode relase months later with its actual release...otherwise all FOUR (its laughable that there were only FOUR) FPs were already in the game, as was the other OPS, TFB.

[mod edit]

[mod edit] Yes the fps were in the game, but in order to run the new ops that you tried to lie about and say it was not in the game you had to run the hm fp to get the new gear inside these fp (content ), you also gained new currency (content) to get the new tier geared (content), there were also achievements for completing these hm fp (content).  So yes these rehashed fp delivered a lot of new content.  

[mod edit]

New Feature: Macrobinoculars! Both the Empire and the Republic have cleared a new piece of equipment for use in the field. Explore Makeb to uncover exciting new technology that unlocks valuable objects and additional story-driven missions. Imperial players, level 52 and above, can acquire their Macrobinoculars from T4-M7 in the Sith Sanctum on Dromund Kaas. Republic players, level 52 and above, can receive their Macrobinoculars from M3-8Z, located in the Senate Plaza on Coruscant.

New Feature: Seeker Droid! A new piece of technology has both Republic and Imperial treasure hunters flocking to unlikely sites on planets across the galaxy. By using these Seeker Droids, players can uncover highly desirable hidden items, treasures, and unique artifacts! Seeker Droids are available to all characters who are level 52 and above. Imperial players can retrieve their Seeker Droid from Z1-3C in the Sith Sanctum on Dromund Kaas. Republic players can pick up their Seeker Droid from BB-6G to at the Senate Plaza on Coruscant.

New Feature: Achievements! The Legacy System has expanded to include Legacy Achievements, which recognize important accomplishments and milestones across all characters in your Legacy.

[mod edit]

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Not sure why people are trying to make Makeb into something that people had to say was great since that is relative.

Imo,

1. journey from point a (lvl 50) to point b (lvl 55) is content

2. End game and horizonatal progression that is challenging is content (not dailies etc)

If people are judging that and saying that is not to their liking, then its an opinion of the content. You cant say well, you could have done this daily for extra play when its not challenging, or maybe they dont like certain other content for their desiegn issues such as how makeb was a lot of small islands, no open world pvp, no/little npc movement even though they advertised that there was improvement (i bet they used this lie becuase makeb was laggy at launch or still is, and having the lie that there is npc movement excuses that) and areas looked bad in certain regards such as a terraced area with all dead npcs. Also no class stories.

However, imo, some nice content was the basic story. Environment or world that looked more alien - with some other short comings. I remember the Heriocs were epic such as the binocular chain quest and driod seeker. I really like the chase in one of the quest chains. I also like the length it took to reach lvl 55 but i felt for paying the $15 it was well priced... but wish it cost $50 and was much more not in terms of more story, but more content... such as mini games as pazaak, more wz's, more fps, (not necessarily more OPs since those are a lot of work, but certainly more FPs that are unique for lvl 55, and generally content that is challenging and more towards horizontal progression. They could have maybe introduced mounted combat...

And possibly charging $50 for an expansion for more content that is not more tread mill to reach from lvl 50-55, would have been better...but if they couldnt produce more qua;lity content for an expansion, then i guess im more happy with makeb being a short expansion rather than a longer one for no reason and possibly over charging for that as well.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

[mod edit]
    [mod edit]

See I think this is where you have things a little confused.  There is a reason I've never used the word expansion when referring to makeb, I use update I don't or didn't see it as a true mmo expansion.  For an update it had a ton of content for an expansion if you want to call it that it had a fair amount of content, but yes I hope for more the next time around but not expecting much more.  

This all started cause two posters said they did all the content in the makeb update in 10-15hrs I just said that was bs.  Then you called me desperate, made some misinformed comments and here we are three pages later finally getting to the point.  

A) You said they couldnt have completed the makeb quests, FPs, OPS, etc etc in 15 hours....I pointed out that makeb didnt add a single new FP or OPs...i missed SnV, but that could (and was) be cleared in 1 hour at launch....rememeber, nightmare mode SnV didnt come until months later.....so yes...its entirely possible he completed most of the leveling quests and the 5 new raid bosses in 15 hours.

With that said, I never specifically called you desperate...I said claiming the four lvl 55 FPs were "makeb content" seemed desperate.......on the other hand, arguing that the gear in them was new, therefore its new content, THAT is deperate...

[mod edit]

.....if your bar for acceptable (and defendable) new expansion content is new gear inside of a minimal number of already existing dungeons and raids, with only 5 new easy/normal mode raid bosses, shouldn't we aim higher?

See I think this is where you have things a little confused.  There is a reason I've never used the word expansion when referring to makeb, I use update I don't or didn't see it as a true mmo expansion.  For an update it had a ton of content for an expansion if you want to call it that it had a fair amount of content, but yes I hope for more the next time around but not expecting much more.  

This all started cause two posters said they did all the content in the makeb update in 10-15hrs I just said that was bs.  Then you called me desperate, made some misinformed comments and here we are three pages later finally getting to the point.  

A) You said they couldnt have completed the makeb quests, FPs, OPS, etc etc in 15 hours....I pointed out that makeb didnt add a single new FP or OPs...i missed SnV, but that could (and was) be cleared in 1 hour at launch....rememeber, nightmare mode SnV didnt come until months later.....so yes...its entirely possible he completed most of the leveling quests and the 5 new raid bosses in 15 hours.

With that said, I never specifically called you desperate...I said claiming the four lvl 55 FPs were "makeb content" seemed desperate.......on the other hand, arguing that the gear in them was new, therefore its new content, THAT is deperate...

And here I thought we were making progress lol. No he could not have ran all quest, stories, crafted , ran the fp to get high enough gear to run the SnV ,the hm fp alone would take hours as people complained they were too hard with the current gear at the time, do the micro binoculars quests, do seeker quest, run and complete SnV.

Sorry no all that could not be done in 15 hrs.  [mod edit]

[mod edit]

.....if your bar for acceptable (and defendable) new expansion content is new gear inside of a minimal number of already existing dungeons and raids, with only 5 new easy/normal mode raid bosses, shouldn't we aim higher?

And here I thought we were making progress lol. No he could not have ran all quest, stories, crafted , ran the fp to get high enough gear to run the SnV ,the hm fp alone would take hours as people complained they were too hard with the current gear at the time, do the micro binoculars quests, do seeker quest, run and complete SnV.

Sorry no all that could not be done in 15 hrs.  

[mod edit]

At least you stopped claming that Makeb added FP content...progress IS being made after all ;)

BTW....I (and MANY players) were clearing SnV at launch with lvl 50 epics....you absolutly did not need to run the four retuned FPs for 148 mod gear to do SnV SM.....The more you type, the more apparent it is that YOU prob wernt there at Makeb launch...