Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VR leveling in AvA

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

With the Craglorn patch, Cyrodiil also got some changes.

Dungeon mobs have been raised to VR5 (glad I got all my Cyrodiil skyshards already). Also player kills and pve quests in Cyrodiil offer more xp. Is it now viable to level VR in AvA as an alternative to questing through enemy faction zones?

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by DMKano

Also from what I've been reading on reddit and offical forums - all VR mobs hit harder and have more HP - making VR leveling not soloable.

I didn't read that in the patch notes.

Not that I play anymore - just found that interesting - I have no idea why they would change that - they want to force people to group in VR?

People in my guild have been complaining about it today in guild chat. Let's see if we adjust and group up or move on. I really don't know what's going to happen.

I will go into AvA later tonight and join some groups and maybe do some questing. See if VR 5 is any different in Cyrodiil than in the pve zone where I am now -- The Rift.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    You need to switch to a post VR build, its like PvP, you don't use one build all the time. This means the number of builds types is more restricted in VR levelling compared to pre-VR, then opens out again for PvP.
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by DMKano

Also from what I've been reading on reddit and offical forums - all VR mobs hit harder and have more HP - making VR leveling not soloable.

I didn't read that in the patch notes.

Not that I play anymore - just found that interesting - I have no idea why they would change that - they want to force people to group in VR?

I for one ..sure as hell hope so!

It's an MMO right?

More forced grouping is always a good thing as juvenile little bastards need to learn how to interact with their fellow human beings...Best learn this early in life lest the new generation end up destroying the earth because they will have the power to do so and it's all about ME Me meeeee! Don't get me started on the so called "new generation" of retards!

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

I considered subbing just to see this patch. Glad I didn't as it seems the game has just entrenched itself in this endgame design of increasing VR ranks, between raising the cap ( vr12 soon vr15 ) and cyrodiil to vr5. For me the whole VR content is just lame.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    What the hell is this world coming to when people lose their ability to interact together as a sentient race?
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Wrender
    What the hell is this world coming to when people lose their ability to interact together as a sentient race?

There's a place where you have to work with people you really don't want to.

It's called WORK.

Now do I want to spend my freetime playing with some 8-year-old because he was the only one I could find in my level range to group with? Nope. I rather play something else.

Playing with other people 24/7 is a hassle. Grouping for few hours ain't bad.

Group for group content is fine.

Group for solo content is lame.

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

It's called WORK.

Now do I want to spend my freetime playing with some 8-year-old because he was the only one I could find in my level range to group with? Nope. I rather play something else.

I have to agree with you, GoldenArrow. I couldn't have said it better.

When I bought this game, I thought I would be spending most of my time in AvA. I don't want to be endlessly leveling either. It's just hard for me to move on because I've put so much time and effort into this game already. I've had a lot of fun, but also a lot of aggravation. This game has annoyed me more than any other game I've played (but it could also be so cool, if ... only if...) that the today I'm really starting to think hard about moving on.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

I'm lvl 4X... I can still kill things in Cyrodiil. Everything is VR 5. I enjoy how fast the guards spawn now. Makes taking keeps a bit more difficult.

Before you yell at the patch, play it.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

There were tons of people quiting already before this patch due to the horrible Veteran Rank zones.
    But Zenimax tought wtf ? people are still playing ? Not posible !!!
    Increased mob damage 2x / increased mob hp 2x / nerf broken classes in damage output and dont fix the 20 nightblade bugs ! !
    That will certainly make even more people rage quit !!! job well done !!!

Knotwood get your ass inhere we demand a new sub retention discussion NOW !

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

It's called WORK.

But what would you class as solo content? I'd like the majority of the 'open world' gameplay to be tailored to group play in an MMO. The solo stuff can be the story part.

Originally posted by immodium

It's called WORK.

But what would you class as solo content? I'd like the majority of the 'open world' gameplay to be tailored to group play in an MMO. The solo stuff can be the story part.

Then this is probably a great game for you. I hope it works out.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by d_20
    Originally posted by immodium

It's called WORK.

Then this is probably a great game for you. I hope it works out.

What is it with you guys playing MMORPGs for their solo content and demanding each new MMO to have solo-only content?

Hodor!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Zenimax post on their forums

"Hey there everyone,

Some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch, though this change was unintended. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks for your reports and patience."

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED