Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes 1.1.2 Craglorn + A LOT more.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Nerfs to DK and sword and board have just killed pve tanking. Good job of getting rid of the trinity. Get ready for Elder DPS Online.

Ummm people were DPS'n with sword and board... Bash specifically.

You mean pvpers? I was you know actually tanking in you know pve.

I don't see why that would change. They decreased the dmg, lessened the stam cost, and fixed a bug that allowed it to be spammed. 

You may have not be spamming and abusing it, but when the question "What the best dps build for _____(insert class) shield bash came up. That's just not right lol.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Nerfs to DK and sword and board have just killed pve tanking. Good job of getting rid of the trinity. Get ready for Elder DPS Online.

Ummm people were DPS'n with sword and board... Bash specifically.

You mean pvpers? I was you know actually tanking in you know pve.

I don't see why that would change. They decreased the dmg, lessened the stam cost, and fixed a bug that allowed it to be spammed. 

You may have not be spamming and abusing it, but when the question "What the best dps build for _____(insert class) shield bash came up. That's just not right lol.

You are focusing on damage of bash. Idc about that. I care about talons aoe radius nerfed to ground (for pvp reasons) so no more CC. Bashing to interrupt (a tanking STAPLE) got nerfed to be used only once every 3 seconds, that will wipe groups. Inhale, a weak aoe nerfed down to 3 targets from 6. They really nerfed tanks BAD to make pvpers feel GOOD.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    [mod edit]

it means that on or aobut the day before said comment post time i had paid for one month subscription ......its when more probs cropped up as i got higher and higher levels and as i said i have as of yesterday over 25 days according to /played

i always help people along the way and if they ask for groupings....i usually never give up..but after a 4 day battle with me , my horse and bots over resources ( i was winning barely) i gave up its too much work and i had to level up , i did that in cryodiil....

vet 5 mobs now? GOOD LUCK ....even a VET 1 has issues with that and yes i've one on oned a vet ten.....

a mob wont make mistakes as often....and the nerfs i get....forget it....

its PVP after 49th level ONLY or group dungeons

it wold be interesting to see screenshots of all the posters /played from zone chat stat before you make comments....

i could prolly tell you 200 bugs in just about every mmo out there due to how MUCH i have played.

YOU act both of these people like im just some anti game player ....i like the game when there are nto bots, i like the game when its fair and such....but allowing vet 12's into pvp with the AD faction and DC faction using the caltrop exploit....is just sick

i had been trying ot get as many non vet1;s in pact up to at least vet one for numbers sake....thats not gonna happen now.

mark my words they start nerfing stuff like this , its what caused me to leave GU2 , 2 nerfs on my necromancer in less then a month......

my 1st 4 weeks playing that game i had 674 player kills....after the nerf and a month 720....

and it was not just the necomancer i used a golem and jummped off a wall into a zerg ( peeps will scream at you doing it )

and killed everoyne in the zerg over 50 people

[mod edit]

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by ElirionLoth
    Originally posted by chronoss2015
    Originally posted by Iselin

wait till this sinks in

"

• All monsters in Cyrodiil and its caves are now Veteran Rank 5."
    that will make tons a people quit myself included

stupid move

Which stupid move, bolstering all players more than before and buffing the mobs or threatening to rage quit before you even know how this will play out?

Chronoss2015 said he was quitting (not resubbing) due to bots and having to play "COP all day" on 05/13/2014.  Now he is quitting due to some skills getting nerfed.  I wouldn't put too much stock in what he is posting.

[snip]

oh and form the hostility your one of the cheaters....the people that supply them....or you have used exploits in past to get high up vet....

[snip]

You came to that conclusion based on me calling you out for not following through with what you had threatened earlier?  That's amazing.  You are wrong on all three counts but still amazing. 

call me out on what WHAT? i have paid for somehting ill try and use it....

i tried to find ways to adapt and go on....its nto working and they are putting in 2 direct nerfs ot me and my friends

i say this cause your direct very CONFRONTATIONAL and upright hostile view to someone who playes so much , what is your /played time...no really after the patch is up come back and post it....with a screen shot ill do same...

then we will all get to see what you are.

I'll say it if your against me your prolly for the bots....imposting my issues man cant handle it....oh well its truth

let me ask you something , can this game survive if 50% of the vet 1's and under quit?

I'm missing the significance that my play time has on this conversation.  I've never actually checked it but I'm going to guess it is much less than 26 days.  The game has only been out for about 45 days.  I try to do other things besides play games.  What can you glean from that bit of information?  lol

and that would mean i play an awful darn lot dont it....i can prove it...

ALSO it measn im far more likely to get all the bugs and probs and have a lil frustration right..but your a top notch gamer you'd know that?

i actually have had chats with ingame gms on many occasions .....one thought i was a bought during that 4 day event against them, i told em what i was doing he laughed and said we need more like you....

i cant keep that up its hard on fingers and wrists to dismount a horse that way pugging the res off them...

i almsot started an anti bot guild....WTF i thought am i thinking its not my job....to get rid a this ...thats how the post came to be...

you should have seen how bad it was in rift yesterday....ive seen a zerg of 50 bots ...me and this girl just went ohhhhh ....and left that quest...

thats 4 quests i cant do for that...and by time in game gm gets there , they leave...

360K subs they say 54 million a month...i htink they can hire some ingame gms full time....

even yesterday one asked me all about werewolves .....and they fix one thing nerf another...., and then i gte another nef....

well there goes pugging in cryodiil for anyone

listen to what i say sir...its not an attack on YOU...your actions lead me to other questions of your integrity however....

INSTEAD of trying ot attack a post like i did why not say ....so why did you stay according to this.....then one can say cause my sub was already paid...might as well help as many friends as i can...then i found a way to keep going...slow but sure.now its a forget it....gonna just not bother..tooo hard to start over the bots are worse not better.

i wont say it again....this is not worth my money....but i could be wrong i dont know those other classes and hte changes how theywill affect bots or pvp either...see this is why im here..they nerfed 2 of my abils but have done so to a few others...

while fixing the pact werewolf might mean we can form huge zerg a wolves it wont ever last near long enough to be a use

ergo you aint getting underworld the movie in this game

also sorry for my typing my keyboards letters are all rubbed off...

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Iselin

wait till this sinks in

"

stupid move

Which stupid move, bolstering all players more than before and buffing the mobs or threatening to rage quit before you even know how this will play out?

Chronoss2015 said he was quitting (not resubbing) due to bots and having to play "COP all day" on 05/13/2014.  Now he is quitting due to some skills getting nerfed.  I wouldn't put too much stock in what he is posting.

[snip]

oh and form the hostility your one of the cheaters....the people that supply them....or you have used exploits in past to get high up vet....

[snip]

You came to that conclusion based on me calling you out for not following through with what you had threatened earlier?  That's amazing.  You are wrong on all three counts but still amazing. 

call me out on what WHAT? i have paid for somehting ill try and use it....

i tried to find ways to adapt and go on....its nto working and they are putting in 2 direct nerfs ot me and my friends

i say this cause your direct very CONFRONTATIONAL and upright hostile view to someone who playes so much , what is your /played time...no really after the patch is up come back and post it....with a screen shot ill do same...

then we will all get to see what you are.

I'll say it if your against me your prolly for the bots....imposting my issues man cant handle it....oh well its truth

let me ask you something , can this game survive if 50% of the vet 1's and under quit?

I'm missing the significance that my play time has on this conversation.  I've never actually checked it but I'm going to guess it is much less than 26 days.  The game has only been out for about 45 days.  I try to do other things besides play games.  What can you glean from that bit of information?  lol

and that would mean i play an awful darn lot dont it....i can prove it...

ALSO it measn im far more likely to get all the bugs and probs and have a lil frustration right..but your a top notch gamer you'd know that?

i actually have had chats with ingame gms on many occasions .....one thought i was a bought during that 4 day event against them, i told em what i was doing he laughed and said we need more like you....

i cant keep that up its hard on fingers and wrists to dismount a horse that way pugging the res off them...

i almsot started an anti bot guild....WTF i thought am i thinking its not my job....to get rid a this ...thats how the post came to be...

you should have seen how bad it was in rift yesterday....ive seen a zerg of 50 bots ...me and this girl just went ohhhhh ....and left that quest...

thats 4 quests i cant do for that...and by time in game gm gets there , they leave...

360K subs they say 54 million a month...i htink they can hire some ingame gms full time....

even yesterday one asked me all about werewolves .....and they fix one thing nerf another...., and then i gte another nef....

well there goes pugging in cryodiil for anyone

listen to what i say sir...its not an attack on YOU...your actions lead me to other questions of your integrity however....

INSTEAD of trying ot attack a post like i did why not say ....so why did you stay according to this.....then one can say cause my sub was already paid...might as well help as many friends as i can...then i found a way to keep going...slow but sure.now its a forget it....gonna just not bother..tooo hard to start over the bots are worse not better.

i wont say it again....this is not worth my money....but i could be wrong i dont know those other classes and hte changes how theywill affect bots or pvp either...see this is why im here..they nerfed 2 of my abils but have done so to a few others...

while fixing the pact werewolf might mean we can form huge zerg a wolves it wont ever last near long enough to be a use

ergo you aint getting underworld the movie in this game

also sorry for my typing my keyboards letters are all rubbed off...

I didn't actually attack you.  I pointed out a discrepancy in your posts.  A person that keeps posting on a forum every few weeks that he is quitting the game is not necessarily being truthful in his posts.  Now calling me a "Cheat lover", a cheater, a botter, etc is an attack on me.  You did all of those.  I still don't know what "actions" I took that cause you to question my integrity but it's not really worth my time.  My lunch break is over.  Have fun with whatever game you end up in.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

Things I like:

Armor repair costs being reduced.  Armor degradation rate slowed down in group settings.

Nightblade combat performance improved, with ability lock-up issues in intense combat examined.

Lots of quality of life fixes.

Shared dungeon loot chests

Death recap

Increased PvP and veteran XP monster kill experience rewards.

Lots of things that people have been asking for.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ohioastro

Things I like:

Armor repair costs being reduced.  Armor degradation rate slowed down in group settings.

Nightblade combat performance improved, with ability lock-up issues in intense combat examined.

Lots of quality of life fixes.

Shared dungeon loot chests

Death recap

Increased PvP and veteran XP monster kill experience rewards.

Lots of things that people have been asking for.

I can't wait to see this. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Any suggestions how a solo player is suppose to get to VR12?

There is some nice stuff in this patch but it's all either bug fixes or group based end game content.  No new guilds, no new skill lines, no new solo quest lines.  Most games fall into the end game raid or die trap at some point this has to be a record or fastest abandonment of what I would consider the strongest part of the game the level 1-50 content ever.

They should have made Craglorn VR5-10 and added new stuff for people 1- VR10 beyond bug fixes like new guilds and skill lines.  This patch feels more like something that should have been in the release version of the game than something I paid 2 months of subs waiting for.

ESO is a great game at least 1-50 the VR levels and post release content so far hasn't been.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

lol ppl are reporting stealth nerfs to nightshade skills. Rollbacks. Increased VR difficulty making it even harder to progress. Insanely tough npc even for VR10s in pvp.

Zenimax is such a failed mmo company.  They have really horrible incompetent programmers.

They CAN't do anything right at all. Insane bugs, poor fixes, bad decisions on changes and systems, server technical faults...etc ..etc.

Congrats you won the Worst MMO Developer award along with Funcom.

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Cetra

lol ppl are reporting stealth nerfs to nightshade skills. Rollbacks. Increased VR difficulty making it even harder to progress. Insanely tough npc even for VR10s in pvp.

Zenimax is such a failed mmo company.  They have really horrible incompetent programmers.

They CAN't do anything right at all. Insane bugs, poor fixes, bad decisions on changes and systems, server technical faults...etc ..etc.

What are "nightshade skills"?  Did they add a new class or new skill line?  Where is this being reported?

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    Anyone knows if the vampire skill line was nerfed before this patch? Last time I played, everyone and his mother were asking for a vamp bite in zone chat every minute, 4-man runs turned into a vamp run and Cyrodiil was vamp players left and right. By the way, The Templar was nerfed hard before release and now it's been buffed.?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Originally posted by udon
    Any suggestions how a solo player is suppose to get to VR12?There is some nice stuff in this patch but it's all either bug fixes or group based end game content.  No new guilds, no new skill lines, no new solo quest lines.  Most games fall into the end game raid or die trap at some point this has to be a record or fastest abandonment of what I would consider the strongest part of the game the level 1-50 content ever.They should have made Craglorn VR5-10 and added new stuff for people 1- VR10 beyond bug fixes like new guilds and skill lines.  This patch feels more like something that should have been in the release version of the game than something I paid 2 months of subs waiting for.ESO is a great game at least 1-50 the VR levels and post release content so far hasn't been.

I guess it's not a solo game anymore.

After patch: Oh the laaaaaaaaaag!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Cetra

I hate to say this but even in Age of Conan my PvE experience was great. At least the PvE part lol

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

If the range of talons is making people angry for pve.. then just kite the mobs into range or use the nightblade root and then use talons. I mean there's more close range root abilities than just the DK. People just need to find other ways to overcome harder obstacles.

So you can dodge/roll out of talons now?

OH GOD.... I finally am able to kill a troll solo at 40 (i hadn't tried since like 20) and now they are VR5? Ah...never gonna finish that quest in cyrodill cause my buds never join in. lol.

I don't see these as nerfs or buffs... I just see them as "They weren't working as intended before... now they are". By "are" I  mean "are" for now.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

There is one huge bug that will stop my character flat in a few days...

Everyone who had not done the level 43 quest to get to coldharbour LOST IT.  It is no longer on our quest lists.

Unfortunately, even if you port to a guildy to get to coldharbour, you can never make it into the VR content without the quest completed, and it has vanished.

Unfortunately I am a level 45 in the rift pretty much done there and was about to start the quest but it is not there anymore.  I can port in via the guildy method but that will just get me to 50 and then splat.

The chatter in The Rift is not pretty, and several guildies are also unhappy.

---

I hope they fix this one quickly.  If it is a month or even a couple of weeks this will be ugly.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

wait till this sinks in

"

stupid move

They made the game harder I QUIT.    Goobye..........

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I already quit i just can't take it anymore it was bad enough logging in to find my quest journal wiped clean, then the nerfs, the skill points that were to be refunded never did, missing skills that no longer show up now VR mobs hit like godzilla and flatten you in 1 hit.

The bugged skills and animations with lag reducing the dps by half and nerfs because of pvp i don't even pvp.

Are they using the test server i have never seen anything like this in any online game the higher i get in level the more i just want to quit past 50 it's just bad really bad.

Originally posted by goboygo

wait till this sinks in

"

stupid move

They made the game harder I QUIT.    Goobye..........

No they didnt, they just normalized the level of the monsters in cyrodil with the bolster non-50's get in cyrodil.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318

Not a lot on the road map ahead that interests me, just another non-contiguous themepark mmo. Craglorn is classic carrot and horse content that I have zero interest in.

oh well...

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268

Was this stuff even tested?  I am sorry but I put some blame on the special select few that have been giving test server access.  The problem is the testers did not test but they "played", and pvped and tried to make emperor.

Open the test server to everyone so these crap patches can get tested before rolling out. 

OMG I am Ancient!
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

Was this stuff even tested?  I am sorry but I put some blame on the special select few that have been giving test server access.  The problem is the testers did not test but they "played", and pvped and tried to make emperor.

Open the test server to everyone so these crap patches can get tested before rolling out. 

Doesnt matter how much they test, things slip by, especially when they dont manifest except with a large volume of players. You will never get many people on the test server no matter who you open it to, as most like me don't have time for playing a second worthless version of the game. So you end up with testers who are learning the raids to be world first rather than reporting bugs. Unfortunately you cant seem to see this, so you rail against the nature of the beast, unable to affect anychange, because its not possible.

PS3

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268

Doesnt matter how much they test, things slip by, especially when they dont manifest except with a large volume of players. You will never get many people on the test server no matter who you open it to, as most like me don't have time for playing a second worthless version of the game. So you end up with testers who are learning the raids to be world first rather than reporting bugs. Unfortunately you cant seem to see this, so you rail against the nature of the beast, unable to affect anychange, because its not possible.

Invite ALL paying players to be copied over to test.  You will have more testers than you do now... period.   The system they have in place is failing now.   

OMG I am Ancient!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Some things always slip by, that is true but frankly is this too much. Most other games are able to do this right so if the test server doesn't work it is time to find some other way.

And stuff like people losing vital quests with no way to get them back, that is just silly.

My take is that Zenimax mistake is that they try to do everything at once. They should have focused on getting the game in perfect shape first before adding any content and even before balancing things that aren't total gamebreakers. Then they could add a balance patch and after that new content.

AoC tried exactly the same thing with the same result, it is impossible to get such a huge patch with so many different things in to work as intended.

Content shouldn't really be a problem yet anyways, the main issues most people have with the game is bugs and performance issues and that is what needs to be prioritized or they will loose a lot of players.

Get the basics right, then you can start on the other stuff.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    By the way -- it came back and regave me the level 43 quest to coldharbour at sometime after I completed the 45 mainline quest...  Soooo... if you are stuck, try doing it out of order and see if it will let you go on for those who lost the quest.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    double post