Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good pvp out there?

PixelPandaPixelPanda Member Posts: 35
Whats the best option for some good pvp at the moment? Best would be something with an option to pvp from early Levels or without any Levels at all. Would be happy about some suggestions or recomendations :-)

Comments

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by PixelPanda
    Whats the best option for some good pvp at the moment? Best would be something with an option to pvp from early Levels or without any Levels at all. Would be happy about some suggestions or recomendations :-)

I have been looking for the same type of game.

Rift -  You can pvp at lvl 10 but its battlegrounds pvp.  I do enjoy a bit of bg pvp but I prefer open world PvP.  The good thing is that you can level and gain items from PvP.  It might not be very fast leveling but that doesnt bother me.

Perpetuum -  This is a decent game and decent PvP can be had in the 1st month of play.  It is similar to Eve though so that might not appeal to you.

Moba - I randomly play a variety of moba simply because I cant find a good MMORPG to scratch the PvP itch.  Smite can be a decent time killer, if you want a more tradition mmorpg camera view.

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Try Smite,  Its better than most MMO pvp, but it still "plays like" an MMO, well at least more so than other MOBA style games.  

Dota 2 is very well done, and  a ton of fun if you take the time to learn it. 

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146

Third shout out for Smite. Smite is the best MOBA for me as it has a higher skill cap. In Smite all of the attacks are AIMED and telegraphed, so it plays like a hybrid FPS/MOBA,

In Smite you can run into a 5v1 mirror match and kill all 5 of them without ever taking a single hit if you are skilled. In click2target that simply isn't possible.

Also in Smite, you can start out and be great within your first match or so. In LoL / DoTA2 there is a MASSIVE burden of knowledge.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    MOBAs are probably the best option for jumping straight into PvP.
  • Perpetuum : Mostly recommented. It is basically Eve with robots, wasd controls and terrain tactics. Perpetuum's pvp is open world territory control among corporations. It is a sandbox game. So you can do anything. Perpetuum is b2p right now with $28.99 price. You can buy it on steam or offical site.

Guild Wars 2 : This game is b2p too. There are 2 kinds of pvp. Spvp and WvW. Spvp is basicly an arena based pvp. You can do spvp instantly, when you create a character. There are no levels in spvp. But you can level your character with spvp. WvW is a server vs server based siege war pvp. There are 5 WvW maps. When you join them your level and stats automaticly upgrade to 80. But your items still same.So you're not same as a level 80 player. But there is a wvw map called Edge Of The Mists. There you can easily level your character and do some pvp and make gold, badge for your end game gear. And there are WvW seasons with tournaments among servers. You can participate in those tournaments. There are leaderboards for spvp and WvW. WvW is based server ratings and spvp is based on your own performance.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

I really enjoy the pvp in APB:Reloaded. I realize you're probably talking about an MMORPG,  but figured I'd suggest it anyway.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Archeage is currently in alpha but it's a really solid pvp focused sandbox thats being brought over from KR, they kind of screwed up the KR version with patches but they wont be bringing the negative patches over here.  It's like SWG, EVE, and WAR all combined.  

The only way of playing right now is through the founders pack system https://archeage.trionworlds.com/products/view-product?code=AA_ARCHEUM_FOUNDER&flow=spotlight-tags

Most will just wait until it launches.  It will be in closed beta in june, and launching as a free to play with sub option, and for once isn't p2w :D subscribers will gain access to an increased labor regeneration, and the rites to land ownership (castles, houses etc). 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW_TnIRgVEc

Smite's combat feels a bit fluffy, but for a MOBA it is unique.  GW2's world vs. world is pretty great, but you kind of get lost in it all, even if your guild is heavily involved.  You also don't get a feeling of it beginning or ending; it just keeps going.  If PvP is your thing, I think 15$ a month would be worth trying out Darkfall.  Watch some videos and see what you think.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Age of Wushu if you want rewarding long term play. 

ESO if you want action now with a pretty awesome skill system.

Planetside 2 if you want a shooter.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PixelPandaPixelPanda Member Posts: 35
    I tried mobas once, didnt grew onto me. I totally like battleground pvp, right after that comes open world pvp :-) i like gear progression, just like in my old days at wow. Doing pvp, get pwnd, buy gear, pwn some people, you know what i mean ;) should i mention i totally like group Play and totally like playing support/heal?
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Yeah.  I think you'd like Darkfall.  I did have some fun in Wushu/Wulin PvP, too.  Forgot that one.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    I think the PvP in Achaea is pretty awesome but its complex, bit of a learning curve, lots of ways to 'afflict' your opponent, lots of cures, lots of insta-kills if you have the right 'preps' on your opponent
    Any traditional mmo i can play and focus mainly on pvp? Rift, tera? I even got a copy of gw2 :-) is there a moba you would recommend me as a newb to the genre? Would like to try one if its a good choice for pvp :-)
  • MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    What kind of style pvp are you looking for? Your question is a bit to broad.

Sorry for that, most times i am posting from a mobile device what makes it kind of hard for me to write long posts and because my mother language is german it often gets kind of hard to write so much english stuff :)

Now I am at my PC so lets get it on!

I just whant some PvP simillar to WoW, Battlegrouns, maybe Arena, not so much of open PvP....I like gear progression and love to take the role of the supporter and healer. 

Wildstar seems pretty much it, I just feel bad about putting too much hope in an mayb eoverhiped title like I was doing before with Aion/Tera/etc.

When it comes to Mobas I am a total noob, dont know very much about them, got the feeling moba players are some kind of special folcs but prove me wrong :)

Hope this helps a little bit, thanks alot :)

• LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190

You should check out Planetside 2.

1) It's free.

2) Even though players that have already been playing will have an advantage over you, you can still kill them, even as a healer. It's way more about skill than gear or levels. Try to take your level 1 and go kill a level 100 in WoW or any tiered game. They nailed horizontal progression. (Sidenote: makes me wonder where they are headed with EQN)

3) Because of #2, you can always come back to it whenever you want and not feel behind. I played this pretty much all of 2013, now I play other stuff, but still dabble in it and always still have alot of fun. I had to switch servers due to lag due to moving from east coast to west coast. Still had a great time with my new toon out the gate even though I was playing against other people that had up to an 8 month play time advantage.

4) Very fast paced adrenaline pumping action.

5) They are constantly updating it.

6) You can put money into if you want to buy fluff or to buy weapons or you can grind the weapons out. Anything that effects gameplay you can always grind out. I didn't spend a dime on it the first 3 months I played and never felt gimped or that it was unplayable.

7) Open world pvp without the open world ganking.

8) Friendly fire - suppresses aoe'ers, great deterrent for idiots, be careful around vehicles that have to move to fight

9) Always a different fight. Plus all the infantry types and all the vehicles are a blast and adds to great varied gameplay.

10) Supports lone wolf play of any style or large scale organized group play or anywhere in between.

SOE did it right with this! It's an awesome pvp game that should be in any pvp'er collection of games. You do need a decent internet connection so you don't lag out. Lag = dead soldier. This was my first fps, took awhile to get use to, but it wouldn't be the same game if it wasn't fps.

If your new to fps, go with medic or engineer, to grind certs. If your a good fps gamer, doesn't matter, just pick whatever and go start racking up the certs.

Con: If you can't deal with dieing, this not the game for you. If you don't get hung up on this, it's alot of fun. My first game experience was about 3 hours. I died 385 times and had 3 kills(like I  said, it was my first fps and I didn't have a frakking clue about the game or the genre). I now usually have a kill/death ratio of about 3:1. I still die alot, but most everyone does.

(Troll disclaimer) This is my personal view of the game, and your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps :)

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Dang it .... looks like Darkfall is still the best... probably going to check out some of the other games though.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA