Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or resub, the big poll

Comments

• Wolf-HeartWolf-Heart Member Posts: 2

I cancelled today, after reaching level 24 on my nightblade which i had been playing from the start. I took my time, exploring every nook and cranny, reading quests, reading lore books and although it was fun to a point, i can't justify paying monthly for this type of experience. I was hit with the bank bug, hit with broken quests. The 'Rites of the queen' quest took me 3 days to get it working.

I played in Cyrodiil for around 5 hours. It was rather fun, even though my character was level 20 when i first entered. The ability delay and lag ruined much of my experience though.

Overall, i don't think ESO is a bad game, it's just very average and bland and i just started losing the desire to log in.

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    canceled due to ESO being too solo based and also not knowing who was around you easily. The quests were basic and rather boring and the combat felt clunky and unoriginal.
  • MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 111

When you guys gets older you will realise that there will NOT be a MMO, EVER that will give you all you want in an MMO.

You simply have to ask your self whats important to you, and choose a MMO from that.

Sure ArcheAge got lots of free roam, and good crafting and PVP.. but Graphics sucks, questing sucks.. its a typical asian MMO where questing is about killing XX of that monster, not much more.

ArcheAge is all about farming farming and more farming.

And sure the open world housing and farming sound good.. but it wont work.

Its already Alpha and its already full , there no more room to place farms/houses.. what do you think will happen when the game goes live? figure that one out your self.

So well, yes there will never be THE MMO that got everything, sadly.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Managed to get 4 toons to level 8 (could not find any class that I would actually enjoy to play). Then, after not having any desire to log to game for about two weeks I decided to cancel. I might revisit game later.

Re-installed TSW and I have to say it beats ESO in quality of quests and I prefer combat in TSW as well. Considering that TSW is B2P it's a win win situation, especially that I already sub to SWTOR.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    Canceled. Its a poorly made solo game.

Agreed. Canceled my sub. Coming back to TSW and Lotro.  (and Swtor + GW2 and TES, witcher etc...)

No EU server, no real PVE HL content, lag, freezes, storyline is boring, gameplay is boring, quest are boring, game is heavily instanced... etc etc etc. Worst mmo played for years. the worst. Stopped at level 23. 

Bought the game at release, played 8 days then stopped...  

Tried again, took a sub, played 2 days then stopped...

Canceled. 

• mlacenmlacen Member UncommonPosts: 14

Canceled

Altough, ive already paid the Sub for 2 months, with the second ending on the 22nd.  So i guess i might check out Craiglorn patch, if it comes out in time.

I have Reached VR10 on 1 character, max 3 crafts. (wood/blacksmith/cloth)

Why I decided to cancel?

1) PVE Wise

I like the game, i just dont think its worth a subscription.  Endgame content is very limited, all there is to do is quest/run dungeons/cyrodil.   Just not enough content for me personally but to each his own, i know plenty of people who want to farm the same couple of VR Dungeons and they are happy with that being the end game.

2) PVP Wise

I was hoping Cyrodil would have a more meaningful impact on the overall game other then a few buffs.  Maybe in the future. Right now its just a big zerg fest with very little reward/gratification.  Yes, you can find stragglers here and there, but there are very few opportunities for solo/small group pvp.

3) Things I would have loved to see in the game (but probably never will)

Player Housing

Open World PVP

Duels

Soloable World bosses or rare spawns

Auction house

Actual variety in the Dungeons (boss mechanics are fun, but everything else is reused with different skins)

Customizeable mounts / Different mounts

Additional Guild functionality

World Events 

Some sort of Arena or other small pvp Scenario to have fun with small group (could be inside cyrodil who knows)

• RegomarRegomar Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Hachlath
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    Canceled. Its a poorly made solo game.

Agreed. Canceled my sub. Coming back to TSW and Lotro.

Canceled this because it's heavily solo-friendly and went to LOTRO?  Likely the only MMO more notorious for being a solo-fest than this one?  The mind boggles. 

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139

o yeah was also mistakenly banned during early access and had to go through several csr (before dupe bug trend) :D

/-1

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

At time of post....

Subscribe: 29.7

Unsubscribed: 37.6% 

Just Results: 32.8%

Wow.... its unusual to see subscriptions being below those dropping in an MMo.  Typically most games on these forums often will be heavier towards Subscription, at least initially for the first few months. 55.586% of players aren't resubbing from those who took the poll. Its rather surprising for a forum like this were most games tend to be given more favoriable sub retention rate. It makes me really wonder of their official numbers (something we probably won't see for a while) will actually be in response. Not saying its a failure btw, simply that it is viewed negatively at least in the eyes of the MMoRPG comunity which is usually a lot more sugarcoating of new MMos (while having them bashed a lot which is part of the fun!) . 

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185

Canceled somewhere around 12 or 13 I think.

While I was never a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls franchise in general, I broke down and decided to give this a try in beta just to see what Zenimax had done. Ran into a few hiccups in beta and thought everything would be cleaned up by launch. But I still had this strange feeling that the game was just missing something.

So I started playing during the Early Access and found the game decently enjoyable. Then the leveling curve changed, a handful of quests started bugging out, and I just felt less and less motivated to log in and play. Additionally, the more I read and hear about the game, the more I feel that the PC release is really just a large beta test for the ultimate console release.

I don't want to say ESO is a bad game and that no one enjoys it, because I know plenty of people that do so. However, for myself, the game was just lacking some intangible "it" factor that I've experienced with other games. I just found the experience too choppy, solo oriented, and lacking a certain character for me to find the gaming experience to be truly enjoyable and worthy of my time and money.

I hope that ESO sees some sustained success in the future and the console release meets expectations. I have this weird feeling that things might go a little downhill from here however.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

Been playing for 2 weeks , will cancell soon  and maybe return in a year if things change

While I found no bugs  and the world looks fantastic  I found the questing same as most MMO's  but what gave me a WTF moment is when I visited the bank and found I had 60 slots , Thats not bad eight  and you can add more with gold  but thats 60 slots shared between every character you have  so If I had 8 characters  they get an average of 8 slots each   and that just Stupid

How are you ment to have a few characters wiith a few trade skilsl shared  between what is basically 1 Bag in EQ2  I think at last cound I could store over 7000 items in EQ2  comapred to maybe 200 in ESO

Then there is No Auction House , No player Housing , No dailys to do at level cap .. No dressing room window .. no LFG tools , Horse speed maxed at 25% which I kinda like I guess  I like walking to explore

Don't get me wrong  I think ESO has a lot of great aspects to it  but it lacks the essentials to making a playable  AAA MMO ..

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Purutzil

At time of post....

Wow.... its unusual to see subscriptions being below those dropping in an MMo.  Typically most games on these forums often will be heavier towards Subscription, at least initially for the first few months. 55.586% of players aren't resubbing from those who took the poll. Its rather surprising for a forum like this were most games tend to be given more favoriable sub retention rate. It makes me really wonder of their official numbers (something we probably won't see for a while) will actually be in response. Not saying its a failure btw, simply that it is viewed negatively at least in the eyes of the MMoRPG comunity which is usually a lot more sugarcoating of new MMos (while having them bashed a lot which is part of the fun!) . 

Actually people typically throw out the number 60% as how many cancel in the first month, they're a bit ahead of the curve at 55%. 

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by reeereee
    Originally posted by Purutzil

At time of post....

Actually people typically throw out the number 60% as how many cancel in the first month, they're a bit ahead of the curve at 55%. 

I peronally base my yardstick at 30% retention rates for the average mmorpg release and based on this small sample they do appear to be hitting that mark.

Again, my personal belief is around 500k - 700k sales todate. With a 30% retention rate that means a range of around 150k - 210k current subscribers. If that is anywhere near accurate I do not believe it will be enough to sustain the game. This would lend credence to the reports of various fires being lit under peoples asses at ZOS with apparently the console release delay being part 1 of a list of damage control actions.....

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Lukain

Been playing for 2 weeks , will cancell soon  and maybe return in a year if things change

While I found no bugs  and the world looks fantastic  I found the questing same as most MMO's  but what gave me a WTF moment is when I visited the bank and found I had 60 slots , Thats not bad eight  and you can add more with gold  but thats 60 slots shared between every character you have  so If I had 8 characters  they get an average of 8 slots each   and that just Stupid

How are you ment to have a few characters wiith a few trade skilsl shared  between what is basically 1 Bag in EQ2  I think at last cound I could store over 7000 items in EQ2  comapred to maybe 200 in ESO

Then there is No Auction House , No player Housing , No dailys to do at level cap .. No dressing room window .. no LFG tools , Horse speed maxed at 25% which I kinda like I guess  I like walking to explore

Don't get me wrong  I think ESO has a lot of great aspects to it  but it lacks the essentials to making a playable  AAA MMO ..

There are 50+ dailies in Cyrodiil and atleast that many one time quest. You should check them out.

There is a LFG tool.

Horse speed is maxed at 50% and there are ride speed increases buffs aswell form things like armor.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

Again, my personal belief is around 500k - 700k sales todate. With a 30% retention rate that means a range of around 150k - 210k current subscribers. If that is anywhere near accurate I do not believe it will be enough to sustain the game. This would lend credence to the reports of various fires being lit under peoples asses at ZOS with apparently the console release delay being part 1 of a list of damage control actions.....

Why would the sales be so low when it had a few millions beta registrations? Unless most of the registrations are from console players, it should be higher than what you listed there. The game had a lot of marketing and visibility.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Too late for me as I had voted no but in just 're sub'd. 6 month block.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by azarhal

Why would the sales be so low when it had a few millions beta registrations? Unless most of the registrations are from console players, it should be higher than what you listed there. The game had a lot of marketing and visibility.

I think if they had sold over 1 million, however they had to slice and dice that number, we would have seen "ESO sells over a million copies" type marketing all over the net. Just like with every other game.

The fact we have not seen that type of marketing hype tells me they have sold less than 1 million. Personal / anecdotal experience tells me the game has not sold amazingly. Not a single person in my gaming circle is playing for example, which is unusual.

Having said that, with the IP that they have, I cannot believe the numbers would be less than 500k because that would be an unmitigated disaster.

So maybe giving the benefit of the doubt I could potenetially revise my original statement to >500k but <1000000....which puts in the middle ground of 700 - 750k sales. If that is anywhere near accurate, as I said, we then apply a circa 30% retention rate and I do not believe that figure of 200k - 300k subs will be enough long term.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I hate show me the results options, it just screws up the percentages. If you are unable to choose an option, why do you even care what the results are?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I think if they had sold over 1 million, however they had to slice and dice that number, we would have seen "ESO sells over a million copies" type marketing all over the net. Just like with every other game.

The fact we have not seen that type of marketing hype tells me they have sold less than 1 million. Personal / anecdotal experience tells me the game has not sold amazingly. Not a single person in my gaming circle is playing for example, which is unusual.

Having said that, with the IP that they have, I cannot believe the numbers would be less than 500k because that would be an unmitigated disaster.

So maybe giving the benefit of the doubt I could potenetially revise my original statement to >500k but <1000000....which puts in the middle ground of 700 - 750k sales. If that is anywhere near accurate, as I said, we then apply a circa 30% retention rate and I do not believe that figure of 200k - 300k subs will be enough long term.

Where on earth do you get this notion of a 30% retention rate, did you just make that number up?

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Still enjoying the game... with 500 plus guildmates.

No bitchers.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Reaching VR1 was a complete turn off for me. No way I'm grinding those quests twice and rolled an alt instead. Which means that my sorcerer which I really like won't get to end game.

Also, rolling an alt I discovered that I was in the same guilds that my main belonged to. I mean really?! No named, no guild tags, no anything to make you a person in a virtual world, other than account name. Really?! I've been a supporter of ESO but for me personally VR1 killed it.

ESO has many things I really like but I'll probably cancel my sub in a month or two after I've played my alt(s) a bit. And wait. Maybe they turn it into an MMO someday. 

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Rinna
    Still enjoying the game... with 500 plus guildmates.

What's the name of your guild?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally posted by Dreamo84

Where on earth do you get this notion of a 30% retention rate, did you just make that number up?

No, whilst I do not have some form of definitive source, it IS a well know fact in the industry that on average an MMO has a retention rate of around 30% post launch...if you google the numbers of most MMOs launched over the last decade this would be evident. If you search this very forum you will see that the 30% statistic is widely accepted as accurate.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Almost 2 months from launch.

Not a single update. They've only fixed quests (which should've worked from the beginning) and some other very small hotfixes.

ESO is definately not worth a monthly sub. A month here and there when they do release updates, the content isn't coming as it should be.

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by TK-422
    Originally posted by Pemmin

cancelled at 45

too much of a single player experience....i like group games not single player  games.

Good luck in finding that type of mmorpg in todays standards, welcome to the era of  console gaming and instant gratification. The days of getting a group to accomplish goals is over, no one has patience for that anymore.

Right? But with TESO though, its like lacking the MMO part.