Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

isboxer Banable, Yes or No

wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119

I dont understand why game companies allow players to multibox with isboxer, to me its no different then using a bot program, i mean how can you say its ok, its not a legit way to play, they use a 3rd party program to emulate what they do, they always say but im playing all the characters myself... no youre not, youre only playing 1 character, the rest are controlled by the program that emulates what you do.

what do you guys think ?

Comments

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

It should only be bannable in a PvP based game.

Otherwise its just someone paying for multiple accounts and getting a little more loot and not really effecting the game.

Now you could say here that they are using it to camp boss mobs or quest mobs and getting the kill all the time with their multiple accounts but those are specific issues not actually related to multiboxing as a max level person could do that in low level areas also.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Originally posted by Tbau

It should only be bannable in a PvP based game.

Otherwise its just someone paying for multiple accounts and getting a little more loot and not really effecting the game.

Now you could say here that they are using it to camp boss mobs or quest mobs and getting the kill all the time with their multiple accounts but those are specific issues not actually related to multiboxing as a max level person could do that in low level areas also.

I agree with this response totally.  In a PVE environment there should be no problems with multiboxing.  It shouldn't be allowed in PVP at all.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    In PvP, the multiboxer just becomes a group of easy kills.
  • TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Yeah I thought the same until I came across a guy that was multiboxing 5 fire mages. Nothing like taking 5 fireballs and 5 instant cast spells in 1 second followed by an AOE DOT, AOE freeze, blink and another AOE while he sets up another single target cast.

I watched that guy take out 5 man groups outside of paladins and their bubbles cause that was the only way to live through it.

Also, while you are hitting one of them, the other 4 are still casting on you.

It can be a pain.

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119

Wrong... it becomes a 1 man "army" that can kill anybody fast.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by wangkom

Yeah, maybe 1 v 5. But 5 people would have to be retarded to lose to a 5 man multiboxer in any game that I've played. A few ccs alone throws everything off. Imagine what you can accomplish using los. They are fairly laughable.

• GotterdammerGotterdammer Member Posts: 36
    Multiboxing is fine if you do it with actual multiple boxes. The minute you use a piece of software, or KVM switch, or anything that "helps" you do it, it should be illegal in my opinion. If you can manage a group of 5 accounts using 5 PCs and 5 keyboards/mice then you go nuts.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

Yeah, maybe 1 v 5. But 5 people would have to be retarded to lose to a 5 man multiboxer in any game that I've played. A few ccs alone throws everything off. Imagine what you can accomplish using los. They are fairly laughable.

you'd be surprised i 5 boxed shammys to over 1850 rating in s2 in wow.

also isboxer is bannable for most games its setup for. official response is you can, but if you report them as bots they will get banned.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Nothing like creating your own social environment in a mmorpg huh? I'm in the camp that believes if you use software to do it, you deserve to be banned.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Third party programs are illegal and SHOULD be banned for using them.

I don't  like add-ons being used either.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    multiboxing with 2 computers 2 keyboards is fine imo. 3rd party programs that link accounts are cheating imo.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    I'll agree with others.  Actual multiboxing, ok.  Multiboxing as essentially botting, ban.
  • BBPD766BBPD766 Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Nothing like creating your own social environment in a mmorpg huh? I'm in the camp that believes if you use software to do it, you deserve to be banned.

I created my own social environment in an mmorpg by merely hosting a Ventrilo server....so I suppose I should be banned, huh?.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by BBPD766

I created my own social environment in an mmorpg by merely hosting a Ventrilo server....so I suppose I should be banned, huh?.

No you're not creating your own social environment in a mmorpg when you use Ventrilo, unless of course your talking to yourself in-game. And if you were, you'd have a lot more problems on your hands than dreaming up snarky responses to my post. Point is you have no more control over those in your social environment than they (the people in your vent server) want to give you, bot programs on the other hand....

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by BBPD766

I think you tried way to hard to make that comment something it wasn't.

Good to see so many people agrees with me, they should get banned.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Even 1 v 5 theyre easy kills if you know how to fight them. I used to farm this guy with 5 engis in WAR all the time for free RR. 5 easy kills with AAO bonus when i was there by myself. It was funny watching people QQ about him all the time when he was so easy to kill.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

I dont understand why game companies allow players to multibox with isboxer, to me its no different then using a bot program, i mean how can you say its ok, its not a legit way to play, they use a 3rd party program to emulate what they do, they always say but im playing all the characters myself... no youre not, youre only playing 1 character, the rest are controlled by the program that emulates what you do.

what do you guys think ?

Except it's not a bot program, the difference is you still have to control all your characters nothing is automated. The only thing it does is and does well I might add is keyboard broadcasting. Basically when you setup your team so you can broadcast your ui toolbar (1 toolbar is the usual) to all your toons. For someone who has used it for many years off and on leveling alts and as genius as this program is it's still a bitch to master. Very difficult to use in dungeons and for pvp you're lucky to one shot a few people before your team is split up and wasted. It's just to hard to use for average or better gamer to master.

It's third party and is usually considered an add on. Most game companies look the other way cause they get 5 subs or more per household. As much as I like it if you've never played the classes your multiboxing it takes the fun out of mastering 1 class at a time. For me it was something challenging to try for a bit.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

I've been torn by this question in the past. After years of playing MMOs, and many different styled ones, I would say "Yes" I believe it should not be allowed. I used to sub 2 accounts in EvE years ago and if I went back to that MMO I would not now run 2 accounts even if ordered to by my Corp (for example). I play Wurm Online but maintain only one Premium Account and One Deed for I now consider it a game abuse to run multiple accounts and multiple deeds... for I have experienced frist hand in Wurm just what of an abuse to other Players "multiboxing" can become. Such abuse does not happen frequently, but enough that I now stand against multiboxing in any form, in any MMO.

To break it down for specifics...

For PvP definitely not allowed, it's supposed to be "player vs. Player, not character(x) vs. character(x), at least to me it should be. One Player should not be able to control an army no matter how much money a MMO Publisher makes from it. My opinion as a Player.

For PvE I also say Yes because no matter what anyone says most MMO's PvE environments are still "Players against Players" in that it is competitive in regards to loot, harvestable resources, land area (in the MMOs where you can claim land in a PvE area), quest objectives, etc. Some MMOs have solved some of this but not all of it. So it still should be each Player running one character IMO.

Some may disagree with my opinion on this, maybe even hate it, but we each have our own opinions on this. My post is directed towards no one in particular, just expressing my feelings concerning this Poll and Thread and it's subject.

Originally posted by mikuniman

what do you guys think ?

Except it's not a bot program, the difference is you still have to control all your characters nothing is automated. The only thing it does is and does well I might add is keyboard broadcasting. Basically when you setup your team so you can broadcast your ui toolbar (1 toolbar is the usual) to all your toons. For someone who has used it for many years off and on leveling alts and as genius as this program is it's still a bitch to master. Very difficult to use in dungeons and for pvp you're lucky to one shot a few people before your team is split up and wasted. It's just to hard to use for average or better gamer to master.

It's third party and is usually considered an add on. Most game companies look the other way cause they get 5 subs or more per household. As much as I like it if you've never played the classes your multiboxing it takes the fun out of mastering 1 class at a time. For me it was something challenging to try for a bit.

I disagree, you say nothing is automated, but to me thats not correct, youre still not playing all characters, you play 1 and have x amount automated in the way it emulates what you do on 1 character, to cut it down short, they are having an advantage over other normal players.