Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First time for a mmo.

CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

I haven't played every mmo, but I have played quite a few, and this is the first time that male characters have looked prettier and have better looking gear than female characters.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, as most mmo's these days are wall to wall female characters, but it is unusual.

ESO females all entered and won the ugly as a hairy butt competition. :)

Comments

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Its always been rough trying to make a good looking female character on Elder Scrolls games.

The presets usually had 2 half decent ones and the rest looked like they had been randomly generated for a laugh.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Cougan

Its always been rough trying to make a good looking female character on Elder Scrolls games.

The presets usually had 2 half decent ones and the rest looked like they had been randomly generated for a laugh.

Yeah, you would have to work hard or be extremely lucky to create anything resembling a decent female.  They actually end up looking like blokes dressed up as women, transvestites.  That gives me a idea.  I will make a female character with a beard.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Not sure about women's clothing, but they seem to have many different styles from what I have seen.

What I can say is the female toons are quite beautiful, in fact they have had what has been described as the Zenimax makeover. In the ES games, characters can be quite ugly. Big noses, crooked noses, overly jutting jaws, heavily pronounced brows, you name it. If your avatar is male, you still can look like that in TESO, but not so for the ladies! The women's faces have had a makeover which insures they all look very fetching. :D

Originally posted by Scot

Not sure about women's clothing, but they seem to have many different styles from what I have seen.

What I can say is the female toons are quite beautiful, in fact they have had what has been described as the Zenimax makeover. In the ES games, characters can be quite ugly. Big noses, crooked noses, overly jutting jaws, heavily pronounced brows, you name it. If your avatar is male, you still can look like that in TESO, but not so for the ladies! The women's faces have had a makeover which insures they all look very fetching. :D

Fetching you say?  Well I really have no words.  :)

You can see that it's the same artists as they used for skyrim.  Triangular bodies and arses around their kneecaps.  :)

Skyrim is the best solo rpg for graphics out there, I think you are on your own on that one.

This site is great for fashion:

http://eso-fashion.com/

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I haven't even attempted to make a female character in this game. I often do in other mmos. In Wow male characters were so butt ugly I ended up not having even one high level male character. ESO actually allows us to make a male character that looks real! No massive hands and feet. No huge bulging muscles we have no way of changing.

What I play depends largely on the look of my character. If male toons are fugly I simply will not play one. ESO has done a great job with male character models in the game.

You stay sassy!

Yep,  I have abandoned female characters and now only make male.  And your right they have done a pretty good job with the males.  Shame about the females, but you can't have your cake and eat it.
  • kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    My opinion was that the female models in LoTRO were the worst but to each their own. image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506

I think this site in general gets a bad rap and mostly undeservedly so. 

If you  look around the net at other forums, not necessarily gaming specific, this forum is mild in comparison. People disagree but I don't see the level of venom and insults you find everywhere else. Especially considering the amount of traffic here. I can post an opinion without feeling I will be called names or attacked personally. 

Yeah there is a lot of negativity surrounding new releases but it is also warranted. Stop making MMOs suck so bad. That of course is my subjective opinion but it is backed up by one game after another circling down the toilet. 

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by drakaena

If you  look around the net at other forums, not necessarily gaming specific, this forum is mild in comparison. People disagree but I don't see the level of venom and insults you find everywhere else. Especially considering the amount of traffic here. I can post an opinion without feeling I will be called names or attacked personally. 

Yeah there is a lot of negativity surrounding new releases but it is also warranted. Stop making MMOs suck so bad. That of course is my subjective opinion but it is backed up by one game after another circling down the toilet. 

I respect your opinion but as someone who likes to post on gaming sites, I can tell you MMORPG.com is the worst. While flame wars about hate/love over a particular game are common in all sites, MMORPG.com is universally known as the home for jaded vets that hate.... well... everything. The vitriol and general negativity is leaps and bounds above what you see at other sites... in my opinion of course. 

Your last line is very reflective of the problem here. YOU think a majority of current MMOs suck but the market would prove you wrong. For every game "circling the drain" (whatever that means) there are three or four doing just fine. They may not have vanilla WoW numbers but has ever been able to reach those number but WoW? There are more games and choices available now than there was during the "MMO golden age" some vets seem to pine for on every post.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by kakasaki
    Originally posted by drakaena

I respect your opinion but as someone who likes to post on gaming sites, I can tell you MMORPG.com is the worst. While flame wars about hate/love over a particular game are common in all sites, MMORPG.com is universally known as the home for jaded vets that hate.... well... everything. The vitriol and general negativity is leaps and bounds above what you see at other sites... in my opinion of course. 

Your last line is very reflective of the problem here. YOU think a majority of current MMOs suck but the market would prove you wrong. For every game "circling the drain" (whatever that means) there are three or four doing just fine. They may not have vanilla WoW numbers but has ever been able to reach those number but WoW? There are more games and choices available now than there was during the "MMO golden age" some vets seem to pine for on every post.

Fair enough.

I can admit that I am probably one of those jaded vets that just can't get behind the direction of today's MMOs. So my opinions are skewed in that direction. At least I realize it lol. I will say that I don't sit around pining over the genre and hold no bitter feelings towards newer games, most just aren't my cup of tea. 

I also don't visit other MMO forums so my sample size isn't much to go on.

I was more comparing this place to other forums I frequent that aren't gaming related that can become downright hostile.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    My Breton is hot as hell
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Crosswire

I haven't played every mmo, but I have played quite a few, and this is the first time that male characters have looked prettier and have better looking gear than female characters.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, as most mmo's these days are wall to wall female characters, but it is unusual.

IDK how adept you are at using the character creation screen or your RL sexual preference, but my female characters are all prettier than my male ones... shrug.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

IDK how adept you are at using the character creation screen or your RL sexual preference, but my female characters are all prettier than my male ones... shrug.

Maybe I need more practice, because I have accidently made a female that's looks pretty good.  It must have taken me 500 attempts though.  ;)

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

I agree with you.

But thats not an excuse. Just because it's historically been almost impossible to make good looking female chracters in Elder Scrolls games is no reason to continue that trend of poor customization options in the latest ES game, is it?

Games are supposed to get better with time, not stay static and include all the poor bits from previous generations of the series.

I'll never understand the continued agenda of some people that try to defend and excuse the failings of ESO with a line of arguement that boils down to "other games are worse" or "it's always been this bad so its ok"...

The female character creation options in THIS game are bad. They should not be. I gues thats just another poorly implemented basic feature that makes the game "unique" amirite?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I always feel like it's a different playstyle when choosing to be a female over male. I always play male because I am a male and I roleplay some and try to "be" my character when I play. So it's not about who I am looking at but who I am. While others feel more like they are controlling their avatar and wish to have something pretty under their control.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

So... now we are upset that female characters aren't attractive?  ITS A VIDEO GAME.  Stop jerking it to cartoons.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by JDis25
    My Breton is hot as hell

No,  Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel and Megan Fox are hot as hell.  If you think a character in a video game is "Hot as hell" you Sir,  need to get out and get some fresh air.

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Nothing wrong with finding a video game character attractive. Get a grip!

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

I agree with you.

But thats not an excuse. Just because it's historically been almost impossible to make good looking female chracters in Elder Scrolls games is no reason to continue that trend of poor customization options in the latest ES game, is it?

Games are supposed to get better with time, not stay static and include all the poor bits from previous generations of the series.

I'll never understand the continued agenda of some people that try to defend and excuse the failings of ESO with a line of arguement that boils down to "other games are worse" or "it's always been this bad so its ok"...

The female character creation options in THIS game are bad. They should not be. I gues thats just another poorly implemented basic feature that makes the game "unique" amirite?

Dafuq are you ranting about.

I was just making conversation.

Originally posted by DAS1337

So... now we are upset that female characters aren't attractive?  ITS A VIDEO GAME.  Stop jerking it to cartoons.

I can't say that it upsets me in any way,  I just find it interesting that ESO should differ from your normal mmo where selecting a female character is your only choice if you don't want to look something like a electric toaster wearing a hat.

ESO character design has 'centred' facial options for female toons, it is virtually impossible not to make a babe. You can do some odd shapes with physique mind you.
    Originally posted by Scot
    ESO character design has 'centred' facial options for female toons, it is virtually impossible not to make a babe. You can do some odd shapes with physique mind you.

It's virtually impossible to make a baby what?

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by Scot ESO character design has 'centred' facial options for female toons, it is virtually impossible not to make a babe. You can do some odd shapes with physique mind you.

is this thread seriously about males wanting to make female toons in ESO? really? no wonder society is goin down the shitter. look at r priorities

Originally posted by silverreign

Originally posted by Scot ESO character design has 'centred' facial options for female toons, it is virtually impossible not to make a babe. You can do some odd shapes with physique mind you.

is this thread seriously about males wanting to make female toons in ESO? really? no wonder society is goin down the shitter. look at r priorities

Nope!  Try again.