Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this today :)

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Ok

Seeing as they have now gone onto steam how is this game like inside :)

I played this game back in 2011 when it first went live and loved it, but after the initial surge of players it died down, and ended up just a ghost town - Even to point at one point only 5 people in the main chat :(

So how is it looking now, is it working, does the game handle the new influx (im assuming) of players- I know the original crew who ran the game didn't have the money for infrastructure? is this any different

Fianlly ,will my original toons still work on the revamped games

any info greatly appreciated.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• gibogibo Member Posts: 25

The game population has increased drastically from like 50 online and peak to an average of 300-500 players at one time. The game is handling the influx of player quite well, a few hicups here and there during the first week during steam release but  seems quite stable now.

I really don't know how much the Devs have to sink on the game, they are certainly providing updates on a regular basis, even improved the autopilot system. Your old toons will work if you paid a 3 month sub in the past, if not you can buy the game around $30 and no need to sub ever again.

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207
    There have been some updates that have made a good change in the game for me. One being the autopilot system that works great!
  • I'm playing this game for one week now. I'm glad I bought it. I played Eve like 2 years. I tried Perpetuum with trial back than but I was playing Eve that time and I didn't wanna pay another sub for an Eve like indie game. And when I see this game on steam with b2p system, I said what the hell and bought it. I'm playing since than. I didn't expect it to be this good. I love it. Well sure there are a lot of feature that Eve done a lot better but an Eve like game with wasd controls and terrain tactics... Man! This game is really amazing. I'm planning to play Eve again but with a new b2p system I won't stop playing this game too for sure. Population is more than enough and growing every day. I have only one complain till now. And that is the solo pvp... In Perpetuum solo pvp is nearly impossible. But well it's not a big issue for me since I'm planning to play Eve too. I bought another account for mining today. They deserve all that money they earn...

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Perpetuum isn't a bad game, but one thing to bear in mind - I believe that soon Eve Online won't be the 'gold standard' to compare this game against - I reckon that Elite: Dangerous will be the new 'gold standard' in terms of modern / evolved features.

You see, Eve Online has more-or-less stagnated since 2008, so it's no longer a straightforward 'gold standard', even though it's more similar to Perpetuum than Elite: Dangerous.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Perpetuum is nice, but has some problems.

I run the game in 1920x1080, I can't allmost read the text because it is so small, and it is not possible to scale it :(

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/616174695472648574/989C1979FCA29BDE0946F3D477F1FED645DB7CF1/

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    The biggest problem with this game is the moment-to-moment gameplay because it involves trudging over large distances.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i got a new account and gave it a try (had played way  back in the day but wanted a new character and didnt feel like figuring out my old username)

it runs fine from steam .  IN NY i have about 100ms ping, not bad considering the game's in holand.  the reviews on steam are surprisingly good and I have found everyone in game to be polite and welcomeing as opposed to the first time i played when everyone was snarly and pessimistic.

the game is very complex and thus wont be for everyone but for what it is, it's very good.  fans of eve and people who think "i like the concept of eve but i dont want to be a space ship" would probably like it and should give it a try.

as always with sandbox type games, do yourself a favor and join a corp (guild) asap.  in sandbox games your guild is more than the sum of its parts.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Perpetuum isn't a bad game, but one thing to bear in mind - I believe that soon Eve Online won't be the 'gold standard' to compare this game against - I reckon that Elite: Dangerous will be the new 'gold standard' in terms of modern / evolved features.

You see, Eve Online has more-or-less stagnated since 2008, so it's no longer a straightforward 'gold standard', even though it's more similar to Perpetuum than Elite: Dangerous.

Surely you jest, Elite and dangerous for starters isnt anything like eve online, or this game. For 2 eve online and this game can host way more players then elite and dangerous. Elite and dangerous has a terrible player based online system that leeches peoples connections, in a huge fail that makes the game terrible, with a max of 32 players at once. This is far from any gold standard. IF thats the standard then, this game is PLAT,and eve reached god hood lol.

Just based on the fact that in both u can have more then a 32 instances lol. Again though thats not really fair since elite is nothing like ethier of these games.