Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You all need to back this Game! We need your Support!!

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by burdock2
    Originally posted by Moodsor
    Right back a person who stole money from the Vanguard budget to pay for his drug abuse, and is now rumoured to have taken money from the Pantheon one aswell, I dont care what he did with EQ, this guy is a plague in the mmo industry.

You sir, are wrong. The man is a genius, and you are nothing but an uninformed troll. Reported.

Actually he is dead on. I've know Brad since he was a kid playing Gemstone 3 on AOL.  

I use to hang out in the same NWN dev chat room where he stole the base code for Everquest from the NWN team that wrote it.

The guy has always been a liar , thief, and cheat, and anyone what has ever worked with him will tell you so. 

I am just glad the trust has finally caught up with one of these con artist.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    Originally posted by summitus
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

I pledged $45 right after the kickstarter ended.

I've been one of the biggest fans for the creation of this game and honestly, it doesn't matter what happend, I still want to see it made.

However, there will be a cold day in hell before I will even consider pledging more money. Not until Brad has publicly come clean about what happend. If not for the future of the game, but for his own sanity. There is a reason to why the team left and if there will be anymore money generated this needs to come out. It also better be the truth because people WILL find out if it's lies, they always do. If lies, the hole will only get deeper.

Once that is done and all cards are on the table ONLY THEN people and angel investors can make their decisions. If the truth is as bad as what's rumored then it's very possible that there will be no money for Brad, but, atleast the truth is finally out there.

Would be interesting to know what happened, to your $45 ... maybe it was a day at McDonalds, or a tank of Petrol .. or hey maybe it went into keeping the website up !

LOL!

I'm telling myself it went to Vu's live development of the game, on the twitch streams they had.(Great idea btw) I feel better that way, lol.

Well I'm glad it gave you lol , I really wasn't meaning to be flippant or impertinent , I know its a very serious matter for a lot of people.

I really hope you do get your game at some point and a good return on your generous and trusting backing of this project. :)

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by summitus

NOTE: ANY MONEY PLEDGED WILL NOT BEING GOING TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT AT THIS TIME; INSTEAD IT WILL GO TOWARDS KEEPING THE WEBSITE UP AND RUNNING AND TO OTHER MAINTENANCE COSTS. WE WILL ADVISE YOU WHEN AND IF THIS CHANGES.

And you want people to put their hard earned money into this .. are you fucking serious ?

Thanks but no thanks I'll give some money to charity instead.

Yeah.. kinda bad timing for this, given the status of the project lol.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by psiic
    Right back a person who stole money from the Vanguard budget to pay for his drug abuse, and is now rumoured to have taken money from the Pantheon one aswell, I dont care what he did with EQ, this guy is a plague in the mmo industry.

You sir, are wrong. The man is a genius, and you are nothing but an uninformed troll. Reported.

Actually he is dead on. I've know Brad since he was a kid playing Gemstone 3 on AOL.  

I use to hang out in the same NWN dev chat room where he stole the base code for Everquest from the NWN team that wrote it.

The guy has always been a liar , thief, and cheat, and anyone what has ever worked with him will tell you so. 

So wait... he stole code from one game, which was then used in another, very high profile game... and nothing ever came of it?

Reaalllllly difficult time buying that.

Look at the situation with TERA, between Bluehole and NCSoft. That's the kind of thing that happens when people steal code from one company, to make a new game with a different one. Lawsuits, fines, etc...

Is there some kind of official source for this? Else I have a really difficult time believing that happened. I tried googling and all I found were a few references (such as yours) to it happening.. but no actual article or reputable source for it. Seems to me like one of those things that someone says online, then others just start repeating it without doing any fact-checking first.

I won't say it didn't happen.. because I wasn't there. But it's a claim being made and, hence, bears a burden of proof.

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Salim (Silius) Grant talking about it on KTAM Radio.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s14Xcwc2RiAc

I am so pissed with myself for backing this project, I should of known better and I should of listened to all the nay sayers and my own bad feeling before blowing $420 on this "project".

If it ever actually gets made, which I highly doubt it will, I cannot see it ever being something to attract enough attention to profit.

I will never back a kickstarter again, lesson learned the hard way.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

^^^^^^^^^This. It's never happening.

Originally posted by Kilsin

Salim (Silius) Grant talking about it on KTAM Radio.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s14Xcwc2RiAc

I am so pissed with myself for backing this project, I should of known better and I should of listened to all the nay sayers and my own bad feeling before blowing $420 on this "project".

If it ever actually gets made, which I highly doubt it will, I cannot see it ever being something to attract enough attention to profit.

I will never back a kickstarter again, lesson learned the hard way.

I think what you said right here could really be the crux of the matter for crowd funding / kickstarter projects, it only takes a couple of things like this to happen and the whole house of cards will come tumbling down.

I really like the idea of kickstarter , but tbh this type of uncertainty has really put me off backing anything in future.

Plus it does just really go to show, that just one dishonest person can totally fuck things up for everyone else.

Honestly, I hope some of his former dens bring a lawsuit against him if what they say happened, happened. If he has a criminal record for fraud and embezzling, no one will ever touch him again.

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

So wait... he stole code from one game, which was then used in another, very high profile game... and nothing ever came of it?

Reaalllllly difficult time buying that.

Look at the situation with TERA, between Bluehole and NCSoft. That's the kind of thing that happens when people steal code from one company, to make a new game with a different one. Lawsuits, fines, etc...

Is there some kind of official source for this? Else I have a really difficult time believing that happened. I tried googling and all I found were a few references (such as yours) to it happening.. but no actual article or reputable source for it. Seems to me like one of those things that someone says online, then others just start repeating it without doing any fact-checking first.

I won't say it didn't happen.. because I wasn't there. But it's a claim being made and, hence, bears a burden of proof.

I'm not fan of his but I agree with you. As a fan of Tera I followed what happened there with the whole L3 code. A huge fine and jail time vrs a rumor that I've never heard of seems pretty unlikely. 

Brad has done enough real shit that people don't need to make up or spread stuff that isn't true. Unless someone has proof, this seems like just a personal attack on a person that isn't here to defend themselves.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

They posted enough code in a late 90s era chatroom that he was able to write Everquest?  I mean, nevermind that there were never any lawsuits or anything.  What kind of nimrod posts enough code in a public chatroom to write an entirely new game from it?  NWN and Everquest must have had teeny, tiny code bases.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

I truly feel that crowd funding is for suckers. You are literally investing in a project with an absolute promise of zero return in investment.

Giving a project 60 bucks is one thing. That's the cost of a copy off the shelf and perhaps a reasonable investment, since you'd do the same to buy it. But for the people handing over hundreds or even though sands of dollars, please message me. I have a bridge to sell you.

www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I find it unimaginable that anyone would give Brad McQuaid money to make this MMORPG after all that's gone on with him and the project. If you really want to waste your money, just send it to me. I won't spend it on blow and hookers, I promise. 
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Op- This thread made my day. Thanks.

I am wiping tears from my eyes. You are a master troll and your strawman was executed with perfection. Just so you know- Respect for the skill I saw displayed here.

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Guess you missed the news on how the game ran out of money due to Brad taking an advance out of the budget funds.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• Geebus80Geebus80 Member Posts: 92

LOL wake up man, people are not the mindless products you obviously think them to be. He has destroyed a great game due to greed and mismanagement in Vanguard and then took money he had no right to take from the mouths of his employees and destroyed yet another game.

So you are saying we should support a greedy little man that has destroyed 2 games future with his mismanagement?

Sounds to me like you either have no concept of morality or no concept of cause and effect, either way stfu no one will support that idiot.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Funny how you all hate this game, but are posting in the forums - if you dont like it, dont post, there is plenty of people who do, and when it becomes the most popular MMO, you will no doubt go quiet and eat these words, as you will be too busy playing the game. 

Alright... Can't tell if the OP is delusional, is Brad himself, or just bored and doing a troll thread out of boredom.

As far as the game goes, it's done thanks to Brad's embezzlement as no one is going to trust him and only pray that he is taken to court.  

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Report me too then as i completely agree with Moodsor.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    SOOO not going to happen and OP needs a reality check.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

My reason to not support this crapfest goes beyond Brad. I don't want to support another blah boring and overdone fantasy world. Especially one that's big hook is to regress mmos back 20 years. The genre doesn't need regression to make MMO's "good" again, it needs to evolve. 

Plus, isn't it obvious this whole project is flawed if you have to keep begging for money to get it off the ground because no one is willing to invest?

Let it go.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160
    The only attacks going on here are the unfounded, slanderous remarks about someone you have no knowlege about and only internet speculation and rumour. Perhaps, when you are not in possesion of the full facts, you should keep those opinions silent.

Go home Brad, you're drunk... 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Convo
    The only attacks going on here are the unfounded, slanderous remarks about someone you have no knowlege about and only internet speculation and rumour. Perhaps, when you are not in possesion of the full facts, you should keep those opinions silent.

Go home Brad, you're drunk... 

Aaaaand thread won.

Obvious troll is obvious.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

Thanks for the Dough Bros!!

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Holy troll thread batman.
    Originally posted by Tyggs

Thanks for the Dough Bros!!

Hmmmm .... I wonder how much that Beard Trim cost him ... I would guess about $45.00 ? ... :p

This discussion has been closed.