Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early assets feedback

GG-66GG-66 Member Posts: 4

We are excited to show you our first draft of the Situation Room, the main interface where you will be able to live and access various hubs. You will see the room is alive and kicking with the rise of the Black Watchmen and appreciably better than the one found in End of Days.

Share with us your feedback on the early assets of the Situation Room !

imageimage

-GG

Comments

• nikeliznikeliz Member CommonPosts: 51

I'm going to add a permalink to the full sized images so that others can see them in their full glory. ^^ 

First

Second

Looking great!

A.K.A. nikel

• SantiakSantiak Member Posts: 130

Those monitors are going to be so comforting on the sleepless nights to come. ^^

I agree with Nikeliz (thanks for linkies, btw ^^), looks great so far. Only teeny-tiny thing I can think of, is that the white panels below the screens in the second image, could perhaps do with some ambient aura, like the borders, to create a greater sense of depth. That, and possibly some shadows cast by them, as looking at them now gives the feeling that they are placed against the wall.

Very minor suggestions, though, and only if I absolutely had to try and come up with suggestions, so really not all that important, I feel.

Great work, looking forward to, as mentioned, lying on my couch and watching the Hub all night long. ;)

• RowyneRowyne Member Posts: 6
    Well this insomniac is going to enjoy the situation room!   ;)
  • Sh4deSh4de Member Posts: 1

I think the art looks great. I do question the visual metaphor of a wall of screens in a concrete room, though... if this is the screen by which we're to interact/keep tabs/get updates, I'd hope for an interface that was a little more practical.  The bottom third of the screen is basically decoration, and doesn't contain any info (I totally understand you might have plans for that space that aren't in the mocks—just sayin').

Will the two screens on either side of the map be actual screens, or are they decorative? The wrap-around effect can sometimes work if you're going to rotate between screens (i.e. I could switch to the left or right screen) but even then, a wrap away from the user is usually more effective, since the side panels' larger size in perspective can distract from the main screen, which is further away.

Again, I understand that these are early, early days—I think my reaction is just that as an agent, I'd expect the UI to feel like I logged into my organization's computer system, not one that depicted standing inside a physical room.

• AirgeadSionnaAirgeadSionna Member Posts: 11

Oh, WOW! 

*Two Thumbs Up*

• DaedaIusDaedaIus Member UncommonPosts: 14

I would love the option to take the "Screens" and have them be the entire terminal, removing the concrete floor or at least pushing it to the background so it can feel like one is interfacing directly with it, rather then tapping it in a game.

Just a suggestion, I love me some immersion.

• AshielfAshielf Member Posts: 23

Those early assets look really promising. Good job!

I can understand the criticism and would like it if you could heed those advices.

Looking forward to your next steps. Hopefully the funding will be successful! 

Fubar over on TSW's forums. [Also in the German forums: Fubar]

• AnashelAnashel Member UncommonPosts: 200

"Will the two screens on either side of the map be actual screens"

They are actually off-screen for 4:3 ratio. So we will have to decided what we do with 1280 x 1024 vs 1920 x 1600 wide screen.