Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the game doing?

IntheShadowsIntheShadows Member Posts: 58
I know they released a subscription based server not too long ago. Does anyone know how the populations is? Has it been a success? I really enjoy my very short time playing the game, but the cash shop drove me away. Plus it isn't often you see a f2p game change to offering a completely new sub only server. 

Comments

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this as it expresses opinions, but:

I liked this game when I tried it, but I too was driven away by the cash shop. I really don't know anyone who plays the game and I never see anyone discussing it on any forums.

I apologize to people who don't like Allods.

I apologize to people who like cash shops.

I apologize to people who do know people who play.

I apologize to people who have seen it discussed on forums.

I think I covered everyone I might have offended. Oh, wait I apologize to anyone who might be offended by my apologizing to people whom I might have offended.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• IntheShadowsIntheShadows Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Dauntis

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this as it expresses opinions, but:

I liked this game when I tried it, but I too was driven away by the cash shop. I really don't know anyone who plays the game and I never see anyone discussing it on any forums.

Yeah it seems difficult to get information on it. That's why I decided to post here. However, I have a feeling most people haven't given it a try again because of how badly they handled their f2p model.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

The Cash Shop was as P2W as it gets. The people who spent the dough, either real cash or cheating at surverys (I know people who claimed it was easy to get hundreds of dollars worth of gPotatoes by faking surveys for a couple of hours), those people are in a league of their own. Open world PvP in contested zones, you see where P2W can ruin your day if you're only willing to spend a few hundred dollars.

I can imagine people trying to get away from that über P2W crowd and a P2P server could be just the ticket, except that of course, the game isn't really worth a sub when you compare it to WoW.

GPotato ditched the game, or mail.ru took it from them, depending on how you want to look at it. Mail.ru was always the driving force behind the whole P2W cash shop, so don't get your hopes up.

I'd install the F2P version and ask around there. I haven't bothered transferring my account to mail.ru, not worth the hassle at this time though I might one day go back to the F2P version just to have a look. Not spending any more money on it though, just not worth it to me.

imageimage
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

The Cash Shop was as P2W as it gets. The people who spent the dough, either real cash or cheating at surverys (I know people who claimed it was easy to get hundreds of dollars worth of gPotatoes by faking surveys for a couple of hours), those people are in a league of their own. Open world PvP in contested zones, you see where P2W can ruin your day if you're only willing to spend a few hundred dollars.

I can imagine people trying to get away from that über P2W crowd and a P2P server could be just the ticket, except that of course, the game isn't really worth a sub when you compare it to WoW.

GPotato ditched the game, or mail.ru took it from them, depending on how you want to look at it. Mail.ru was always the driving force behind the whole P2W cash shop, so don't get your hopes up.

I'd install the F2P version and ask around there. I haven't bothered transferring my account to mail.ru, not worth the hassle at this time though I might one day go back to the F2P version just to have a look. Not spending any more money on it though, just not worth it to me.

This really. My biggest problems were incentives, runes and curses. Last thing got let's say fixed by publisher, later they also changed incentives and dmg/def bonuses from it but: 1. when I still played runes were still cs exclusive for real 2. it took them so long to realise basic things... (not talking here just about developers but publisher too).

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    The people who snatch this game away from Gpoatato has made this game fun to play again. I quit this game a while back due to the Mana bike rippoff . I love what they had did to this game. Cash shop makes alot of sense and there alot of useful items in the shop. Im so happy they fix this game. They should  have snatch this game away from Gpotato  years ago. Wouldnt have to merge all servers. Its more populated now then ever before. Give this game a try.

Edgar F Greenwood