Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share your UO Memories HERE!

2»

Comments

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    I met the woman who became my wife in UO. I walked into a shop and she was sitting in the corner and......

Ahhh, I attended a wedding in UO once.  Pretty cool.  No armor or weapons were allowed.  We had to wear just cloth or dyed leather

Dammit, now you got me thinking of UO and I want to play it.  I just re-subbed to Eve too. I should have never got involved in these posts.

• bopilopbopilop Member Posts: 14

I remember all my friends leaving the game and I was all alone.  

Walking to Yew to get more wood to make and sell noob bows, I came across 2 guys out having fun.   They didnt attack me so I said hello and asked what they were doing.  They said they were just out gathering stuff.  I asked if i could tag along knowing i would be safer with them than all by myself.  We went to the mines by Vivic and as they mined i killed skells and stuff.  

The next day i ran into these same 2 people,  they ask if i want to go on their boat .  First time on a boat in the game.  Although i read about them.

I said sure, do you mind if i get my good weapon from the bank first.  They said bring your best, this is going to be one hell of a fight.    I returned well equiped to the boat and we were off.    About 30 steps from shore  the driver dropped anchor,  set up a table between us on the deck of the boat and pulled out a sword of all things.  I was close enough to him to be hit so i backed up one space, took out my bow and shot them both dead.   They were franticly trying to get the boat to get to shore.  I got control of the boat and sailed around for about 3 hours listening to them oOOOoooOOO  for ever.  Drop anchor every time they moved the boat.

cheer I got a boat.  

• OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568

Early on in my UO days I came across a half dozen players congregating at a moongate casting firefields and standing in them without taking damage. When I asked them what they were doing, the intial response was 'we are the fire people!' I eventually got it out of them that by casting the field in the moongate circle they could stand in it, not take damage, and yet train their magic resist skill.

I joined in for a bit and then, being the helpful type, I decided to cast one myself. Obviously there was some trick to it because when I laid the field down a town guard popped up and cut me down. The funny part is that while standing there as a ghost watching it all in grey, they all rushed into the field. The guard killed me for good reason, my field was hot and all of them, including their horses proceeded to perish in the flames. Good times... 

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Running from one town to the other. Hitting big lag spikes at banks. Training pickpocket with a friend and a few barrels for 6 hours straight. Provoking wisps on player killers and looting their bodies. Standing at Vesper bank just listening to the music.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• There are so many memories (and not all of them good but even those are funny now).

1. Murdered, robbed and then robbed again on my first day.

2. One miss hit let me on a map crossing run from 'good' folks intent on killing me.

3. Standing over a body guarding their 'stuff' until a horde of pk's showed up to slaughter me complete with a ghost that told me after I died, "Live with it man!"

4. A battle in a dungeon with a pk guild that ended up with 5 of us standing in a small house surrounding a portal for a trapped comrade still in the dungeon.

5. The first time I saw an ettin and my rush into minoc to tell what I saw.

6. The first corpse I looted (after I found it in the forest) and got my first piece of chain mail.

7. The hordes of vultures that stripped bodies in town after they were guard killed because they clicked on something wrong.

8. Guilds in towns training their combat skills. It was a very faire-like atmosphere.

9. Selling dyed clothing in Minoc after I braved the wilds and travelled to Vesper where I bought a dye kit.

I could go on and on.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

1. Remembering buying the game, installing, running around town, and everyone trying to raise skills on training dummies.

2. People Corp Por you out in the woods and taking your stuff.

3. I used to go around the wilderness with my GM bard and provoking wisps on people when they attacked me.

4. Provoking monsters in peoples houses to fight each other, then the owner would log in and chase me away.

5. Spending nights training pickpocket with a friend to 100.

6. Pickpocketing an entire bag of reagents off a player killer and watching him fizz as he tried to cast on me.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Oldskoolgamer2600Oldskoolgamer2600 Member Posts: 4

I played a tailor / lumberjack character. While I was out in the woods I would hide in plain sight if someone came along. I always assumed anyone approaching was probably a PK. When I heard footsteps of someone coming near, I would unwield my axe, and while wearing a robe, no hat, and sandals, I would start taking short hesitant steps in random directions.

The PK would take one look at me, and move on, assuming I was a wandering healer. Worked like a charm every time!

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I remember sitting at the bonewall, lvling up skills forever it seemed, as well as running through the forest lumberjacking to raise my strength, good times..