Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 7days of sub plus free transfer.

So I found out today that even if you are a subscriber and actively playing Swtor, you can log into the Swtor Website and then copy paste someone else's friend referral URL and still refer your account onto someone else's account.

Doing this grants you 7 days of free time onto your account AND a free character transfer. It also gives you a preferred referral kit which contains 4 items, 3 which are useless to subs but 1 which gives you an extra line of inventory space for free which removes the cost for a first or last line for Alts.

I have done this and so have several of my friends.

[mod edit]

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

The 7 days sub is there since the referral program revamp, though I'm pretty sure it's not working for current subscribers. By default, it's for ex-subscribers who haven't paid for at least 3 months prior the referral (and after the 7 free days, they can't be referred for an another 3 months at least).

Based on the numerous problems with the referral program even if used "correctly" (just check the threads), I find it highly unlikely that a simple copy over the link in the address bar could bypass every check - but since it's EA, I can't say it for sure :) I never used the revamped program, I tried one referral with the previous implementation and it was a total fail.

• lynesmanlynesman Member Posts: 2

I know very little about the referral scheme itself, but a friend of mine sent over those instructions to me with his referral URL.

I have had my account since the game began and I have been back subbing for a couple of months - as soon as I had followed the instructions I checked and I had 7 extra days before my renewal AND the character transfer (this is still there and ready for use).  Plus you get some in game stuff (like extra inventory space and what not) and a few bits useful for non-subbers.

One of my mates followed the same process and used my link - I got a free mount.  The rest of the free stuff for the referrer is pants - mini-pets and not my bag.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I just followed it and it worked.  Thanks.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Referral links are generally not allowed on these forums, but we do allow them in sigs and in special threads: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/343298/Post-SWTOR-Invites-Requests-Here.html

Read the forum before posting as there may already be an invite thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.