Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Is there any kind of endgame in diablo 3

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

I must say, that few years ago, your threads/posts where somehow .. acceptable. You were more of a gamer rather then a..."post count".

But to answer your question ( btw, is it a question? as I cannot tell ) ..

/sarcasm on

No there is no endgame in Diablo 3.

/sarcasm off

The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I asked the same question a few weeks ago because after i finished the story line i felt no need to play anymore. Have a look on the diablo3 forum and 'what class do you play most' thread.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by supremewow

I must say, that few years ago, your threads/posts where somehow .. acceptable. You were more of a gamer rather then a..."post count".

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

Actually i dont post that much when i have a game that i toroughly enjoy, like currently ESO...

But i am allways looking forward to new experiences...  And asking questions, when i want to know something about a game or MMORPG.  For Diablo 3 my interest was cought because its on sale overhere in Holland, and i am currently really enjoying the free trial...  Combined with great memmories back to the orriginal Diablo, this peeked my interest..   Recently i have allways been a player interested in more games then just one

Diablo offers those oh yeah... boom kaboom moments... but also those oh shit moments, that many other MMOS fail to give you are available in D3...  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

Actually i dont post that much when i have a game that i toroughly enjoy, like currently ESO...

But i am allways looking forward to new experiences...  And asking questions, when i want to know something about a game or MMORPG.  For Diablo 3 my interest was cought because its on sale overhere in Holland, and i am currently really enjoying the free trial...  Combined with great memmories back to the orriginal Diablo, this peeked my interest..   Recently i have allways been a player interested in more games then just one

Diablo offers those oh yeah... boom kaboom moments... but also those oh shit moments, that many other MMOS fail to give you are available in D3...  

In general, for some time, you start some weird threads on this site. Most of them with no meaning, just like this one. At least add an " ? " sign to your "question" .

Back on topic, if you and the above poster, can't figure it out what can you do in Diablo 3 at end game, after visiting their website or looking at some videos , then .. you are a no gamer from my point of view. Oh yes, just for the love of asking, ( not because you are way to lazy to actually search for some infos ) you though that is a good idea to start a topic such as this one, right?

Here, let me help you a bit :

Adventures , Rifts, Crafting. (Group farm if you are into partys)

There you are. Don't forget to say "Thank you".

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

In general, for some time, you start some weird threads on this site. Most of them with no meaning, just like this one. At least add an " ? " sign to your "question" .

Back on topic, if you and the above poster, can't figure it out what can you do in Diablo 3 at end game, after visiting their website or looking at some videos , then .. you are a no gamer from my point of view. Oh yes, just for the love of asking, ( not because you are way to lazy to actually search for some infos ) you though that is a good idea to start a topic such as this one, right?

I dont know wether to take you serious or not.....  Asuming you are a nice chap, i can forgive you your mistakes and assumptions...  Making such a fuzz about a forgotten questionmark? 

Its a simple question....  A simple answer would have been welcome ... And would have been rewarded with a nice well ment Thank you..

/sarcasm on

/sarcasm off

I dont know wether to take you serious or not.....  Asuming you are a nice chap, i can forgive you your mistakes and assumptions...  Making such a fuzz about a forgotten questionmark? 

Its a simple question....  A simple answer would have been welcome ... And would have been rewarded with a nice well ment Thank you..

Just say you are to lazy to actually search by yourself some very and I mean very basic things about a game. When someone is interested in a game, he at least , try to find more infos about the game by watching videos, reading some reviews ( like on this website ) , etc.

...and at least, next time , have the common sense to add that... "fuzzy" question mark. Because for me, it sounded like you just thrown that line in .. "disgust".

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Endgame for D3 to me is gearing up and making a specific build for the characters.

I have been working on a Crusader since RoS and finally can do T3s pretty easily. Have him as a Lightning build, which required some farming and rerolls for % lightning dmg.

I am working on another set to try a Thorns build. Not sure how it will work, but gonna try to make one viable.

I also have a WD & Wiz at 70, both in T1 ( if barely ) Looking at a poison build for my WD and a Cold build for my Wiz.

Each build plays different. A Holy Crusader vs a Lightning Crusader is a different experience and play style.

What I like most out of D3 and why I am playing it ?

I like the character progression. Builds, Set armor & weapons, Easy to hop in / out, co op is a blast, I find something new or useful to progress my toons regularly, and overall just less bullshit that comes along with MMOs. I can hop in for 10 minutes or 10 hours and have a stress free, fun time solo or grouped play experience.

YMMV tho.  With my time and schedule it works better for me. Plus no recent  MMO has just really hooked me. Even tho I am enjoying ESO very casually.

My 2cp

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

It's not an mmo? 

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

It's not an MMORPG per se, but most people ask for an endgame because Diablo 2 had one. You had to roll multiple characters to have different builds, which was fun. You had trading of tons of different items. You had PvP. The highest item level items dropped off of the hardest bosses, not the same loot from normal as torment 6.

So no, you're basically gearing up for no real reason at all. 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Utinni

It's not an MMORPG per se, but most people ask for an endgame because Diablo 2 had one. You had to roll multiple characters to have different builds, which was fun. You had trading of tons of different items. You had PvP. The highest item level items dropped off of the hardest bosses, not the same loot from normal as torment 6.

I don't recall any kind of endgame in D2.  It was all about replaying over, and over, and over, and over.   

However, the OP is a big fan of ESO where they pretty much do the same kind of "endgame", so maybe he'll like that.  

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Originally posted by Uhwop

I don't recall any kind of endgame in D2.  It was all about replaying over, and over, and over, and over.   

However, the OP is a big fan of ESO where they pretty much do the same kind of "endgame", so maybe he'll like that.  

I listed the endgame in my post... Of course there isnt a 40m raid, but i'd consider "things to do after the story mode" endgame, of which i listed none are in Diablo 3. It's just gear up for the sake of gearing up. You don't need to gear up for any particular reason. In d2 the gear was needed in pvp, for other builds, and for the harder bosses in the game.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I listed the endgame in my post... Of course there isnt a 40m raid, but i'd consider "things to do after the story mode" endgame, of which i listed none are in Diablo 3. It's just gear up for the sake of gearing up. You don't need to gear up for any particular reason. In d2 the gear was needed in pvp, for other builds, and for the harder bosses in the game.

ok ... so in D3, after the story mode, we have

Adventure mode

Rift

.. and higher torment levels.

You need to gear up to do higher torment levels, and for builds (because now builds are gear dependent).