Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wushu or wulin???

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

hi guys,

i played wushu for a while before wulin came out, got abit fed up of the time zone difference cos i cudnt do any of the scroll stealing or anything,

just wondered if anyone know if wulin is very busy these days? i tried once and it was empty.... or has wushu made any changes to make it easier or EU players?

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

you'll be fine in Wulin. The early days of Wushu/Wulin so much fun. It's like the wild west (wild east?). Everyone is trying to stack their claim.

I think most euros are playing on the euro server.

As far as time zone changes in Wushu they moved to central time instead of pacific, but that's about it.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by A1D3N
    hi guys,i played wushu for a while before wulin came out, got abit fed up of the time zone difference cos i cudnt do any of the scroll stealing or anything,just wondered if anyone know if wulin is very busy these days? i tried once and it was empty.... or has wushu made any changes to make it easier or EU players?

Wulin script stealing event starts at 19:30 CET.

I didn't check Wulin population after Open Beta started last week but I guess it won't be much higher than what it was in closed beta. That's a pity considering that even some US players get better ping in Wulin than Wushu.

The population is and will be an issue for Wulin as it is for Wushu currently. The game does not have a bright future ahead, I am afraid. There is too much bad game design going in AoW...such as scheduled events...

Give Wulin a try and see how it works for you.

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by A1D3N
    hi guys,

i played wushu for a while before wulin came out, got abit fed up of the time zone difference cos i cudnt do any of the scroll stealing or anything,

just wondered if anyone know if wulin is very busy these days? i tried once and it was empty.... or has wushu made any changes to make it easier or EU players?

Wulin script stealing event starts at 19:30 CET.

I didn't check Wulin population after Open Beta started last week but I guess it won't be much higher than what it was in closed beta. That's a pity considering that even some US players get better ping in Wulin than Wushu.

The population is and will be an issue for Wulin as it is for Wushu currently. The game does not have a bright future ahead, I am afraid. There is too much bad game design going in AoW...such as scheduled events...

Give Wulin a try and see how it works for you.

Wanted to like this game, honestly I'd suggest finding something that isn't just a cash grab hiding behind a gimmick.

bcb above will say that it's innovative and all that, he is so in love with this game that it could beat his children and he would find a reason that it was justified, but the game really isn't very fun, sadly.  The content is EXTREMELY limited especially as the populations get lower, since a lot of the "events" are really just pvp instances disguised as events.  The combat could be VERY good, if it were a bit more fluid.  It's just too easy as it stands now.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

Originally posted by Cirin

The combat could be VERY good, if it were a bit more fluid.  It's just too easy as it stands now.

Combat is fluid but you need a solid(less than 150ms) ping and get to used to unique pace. It may take time getting used to it tho.

As I said before, the combat is definitley worthy to check out, the rest of the game is unfortunately awfully designed but different strokes for different folks...just there won't be many of them...

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Gdemami

The combat could be VERY good, if it were a bit more fluid.  It's just too easy as it stands now.

Combat is fluid but you need a solid(less than 150ms) ping and get to used to unique pace. It may take time getting used to it tho.

As I said before, the combat is definitley worthy to check out, the rest of the game is unfortunately awfully designed but different strokes for different folks...just there won't be many of them...

My ping was fine, my understanding of the pace was fine, I did very well with it.  There was nothing lacking except for shallow design, sorry but that's my 2c on it.  They could have done a MUCH better job making it so that different styles had synergies, different moves interacted with each other instead of just having a simple and plain cooldown system to limit you. 

It would have been a thousand times more effective to just make it to where moves of a similar style or synergistic styles actually make them work better together (bonuses, etc..) and those that don't....don't.  This would make switching styles mid-fight faster and FAR more fluid and also would show the players that understand their characters and style far more prominent.  As it stands now if you want to switch you have such a long wait between your last move it feels like an eternity.  Like I said, as a developer of similar games in the past I would have done it differently and just rewarded the better play without making it cumbersome for those that want to experiment.

Just consider the possibilities if you didn't have such a massive cooldown on those non-style abilities but instead they just didn't get the bonus of chaining from a synergistic style....yes!  More dynamic fights would occur.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

Just consider the possibilities if you didn't have such a massive cooldown on those non-style abilities but instead they just didn't get the bonus of chaining from a synergistic style....yes!  More dynamic fights would occur.

No, not really.

All you have said sounds nice on paper but rarely works(never?) in reality because the result is always the same - cookie cutter builds.

Example? Everyone just using strongest Rage skill, something that is already happening now, even with cooldown. The thing would get even more stupid if there was none.

That cooldown between skill sets is a blessing. It makes each skill set worthy and gives unique playstyle to each.

Sadly, there is a good news for you since China is supposed to have CD reduced or even removed, I heard...

• blingblingblingbling Member UncommonPosts: 13

Just a friendly warning..

Don't use real money, they seem to randomly ban people every now and then for no reason (claiming goldselling). When it's this out of control already in beta I can't imagine what release will be like..

People have said this about gPotato for ages, never believed them as one rarely do until it hits you in the face hehe.

Never had any problems in Wushu since release, but ofc. heard of others that did..

Anyway, good game with an abundance of bots and all that, just badly managed in both US and EU atleast :(

Good luck :)

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by blingbling

Just a friendly warning..

Don't use real money, they seem to randomly ban people every now and then for no reason (claiming goldselling). When it's this out of control already in beta I can't imagine what release will be like..

People have said this about gPotato for ages, never believed them as one rarely do until it hits you in the face hehe.

Never had any problems in Wushu since release, but ofc. heard of others that did..

Anyway, good game with an abundance of bots and all that, just badly managed in both US and EU atleast :(

Good luck :)

Sad to hear, I was hoping Gpotato was a better company than Snail.  I wasn't sure if Snail even realized they were the ones running the game or not.  I sent them an email letting them know Wushu was theirs but got nothing back. 

• blingblingblingbling Member UncommonPosts: 13

How nice of you to remind them who owns the game haha :D good one.

Very sad indeed, All 3 family members who play Wulin lost access before the weekend, a couple days after OB opened, the 2 others have been told they where selling gold, I haven't heard anything yet , sent ticket right away, but I'm guessing I might have sold some gold too lol...

None of us was even close to having 100L and all of us have been playing all there is of MMO's out there, I've been playing since AO released in 2001 iirc, and none of us has ever had any problems in any games, never been hacked, never been accused of anything.

I was shocked when I saw their e-mails they got from gpotato and started a thread on the forums, the thread got some attention after a while and we're not alone (luckily I guess) ;)

The rumors I've heard about gPotato banning first and checking later is obviously true, but I'm not so sure they'll even bother checking anything.

I'm done with the game, no way I can trust my time and/or money spent there, just want my money back and for the first time in my gaming career, I most likely will run a few bots and sell some gold to get my cash back if I don't get it back the just way. It's a principle thing ;) So I might be close to becoming the scum I really dislike for ruining games, hopefully it won't go that far and if it does it'll hopefully never need to be done again ;)

Worst experience I've ever had, paying subscriber and my account was never offline since toon was created (always a rush with close to no sleep at release right? :)) so I know I was not hacked, they simply messed up :(

I'm glad I never threw out those annoying comments people make in threads about bans "always something behind a ban blabla" even though I've usually been thinking it, but you never know so best not say anything. And it's finally happened to me too hehe...

Still, It is a very good game if you don't bother the risk of getting banned for no reason or all the bots and goldspam, just wish someone competent would host it :/

• rathma4grathma4g Member Posts: 2
    I played both vertions....
    Age of Wulin is better cause of 1 main and enormous reason:::

Age of Wulin ELIMINATED the Spam Bot and actively hunt for teleporting Bots meanwhile the age of wulin personnel don't care!

Although they still cant get all bots... they have way less bots!!!! and they try to eliminate them!!!
    Other reasons: better translations and more balanced game play

-----------------------------

Another reason is the Age of Wushu infamous COMUNIST type response on the forums...

Let me explain... Everything they don't like in the forums, they delete!
    I posted Manny tings that got deleted... All polite things!! All true things!!

- If you compare age of Wushu with any other versions that does not put their version above others --- DELETE
    - If you express way to improve gaming they don't want to aply --- DELETE
    - If you report a GM --- DELETE
    - If you report a Bot publicly --- DELETE (they prefer to report in a special and disclosed location so they can really ignore)

But what they don't understand is that if we cant true the official channels express ourself... we will discuss true other channels without their knowledge.... so they shouldn't just CENSURE!!
    Also they do disinformation... deleting all the negative comments, living the positive and looking the channel!!

Age of Wulin is WAY WAY BETHER!!!!
  • EnkouyamiEnkouyami Member Posts: 1
    It's been around 7 months, can I get a status update on this situation? I'm wondering if I should play Wushu or Wulin, and I'm in North America.
  • zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53

I believe the situation should be more or less the same in wushu now.

I quit around oct 2013 after being hacked the 3rd time. Like previous post said, any dirty laundry posted in the official forums will be deleted instantly or blocked by them. They will ask you to report it thru the ticket system. 99% of the time they will only say sorry they cant help you. Just have the mentality that you can be clean swiped anytime in game (especially when you are offline for long period of time, they tend to hack people who go inactive for long period of time and have lots of tradable money on them). And your good to go to play Age of Wushu.